Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oopl
7/16: New changes that will take effect on 7/23.
  • 4th night free bookable online at thankyou.com (benefit applied as discount at checkout)
  • Cash out TY at 1 cpp
  • metal card
  • 75,000 TY for $7,500 spend signup bonus

1. The following benefits will be changed effective July 23, 2017:

- Loss of AA Admirals Club Access (Effectively immediately if the account is opened on or after 09/01/2016. See Post 296.

- $0.0125 per each TY points for airfare redemptions at thankyou.com.

- Loss of Complimentary International & Domestic Golf

- 4th Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit.

2. $100 Annual Fee Reduction will be extended to Citi Priority if you are currently a Citigold client and you are impacted by the increase in minimum balance and downgrade.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by lobo411
Scary theory: The early notice is because they plan to follow Amex's lead by eliminating pro-rated AF rebates for card cancellations...
I have confirmation from a Citi live chat rep that AF will NOT be refunded on a pro-rated basis if you do not cancel in time.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by lgnki
I have confirmation from a Citi live chat rep that AF will NOT be refunded on a pro-rated basis if you do not cancel in time.
Absolutely fine by me. Don't they give like 60 days to cancel?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Absolutely fine by me. Don't they give like 60 days to cancel?
He indicated to me that I could cancel the month of my renewal as long the AF hadn't posted. Not sure if that's concrete or not.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
He indicated to me that I could cancel the month of my renewal as long the AF hadn't posted. Not sure if that's concrete or not.
One the AF posts, you still have at least 30 days to cancel. That's never going to change.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:35 pm

One the AF posts, you still have at least 30 days to cancel. That's never going to change.
Good to know. I am chatting with them now for final confirmation, will update.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:38 pm

Correct you are:

Ashley: at 18:33:34
Welcome to Citi Live Chat. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. How may I help you?

LOGAN: at 18:36:38
What is the latest I can cancel my prestige card without incurring the annual fee?

Ashley: at 18:34:54
Hi, Logan. I will be happy to verify that for you.

Ashley: at 18:36:41
You have 30 days from when the annual fee was charged to the account account to cancel without occurring the fee.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
I'll just note that their current top AA offering was rather carefully named a "silver" card.

Trust me, no one in the world names their top offering "silver." No one.
I could be wrong here - but my impression is that when Barclays created their Aviator card lineup, they purposely avoided all card names used by the citi portfolio (Gold, Platinum, etc). This is why their top level card is labeled "silver."
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Does "Ashley" mean cancel within 30 days to get the full $450 refund? It doesn't seem clear to me from this conversation whether you can cancel after 30 days and still get a pro-rated refund.

Correct you are:

Ashley: at 18:33:34
Welcome to Citi Live Chat. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. How may I help you?

LOGAN: at 18:36:38
What is the latest I can cancel my prestige card without incurring the annual fee?

Ashley: at 18:34:54
Hi, Logan. I will be happy to verify that for you.

Ashley: at 18:36:41
You have 30 days from when the annual fee was charged to the account account to cancel without occurring the fee.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by progapanda
Does "Ashley" mean cancel within 30 days to get the full $450 refund? It doesn't seem clear to me from this conversation whether you can cancel after 30 days and still get a pro-rated refund.
Sorry I didn't post my original question:

"What date do I have to cancel my Prestige card by to avoid the annual fee?"
Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:48 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
I don't think any of the above will happen.

As for MasterCard World Elite lounge, think crowded AMEX Centurion lounge crowded by a factor of 10 due to low annual fee on such a card.
For a while at JFK T8 (AA) [maybe other terminals], there was a MCWEL--they roped off an area of seats near one of the gates = a lounge.

In NYC at Columbus Circle, The Times Warner Center does a similar thing (as in T8).

IMHO, neither of these are lounges.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:39 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nrr
For a while at JFK T8 (AA) [maybe other terminals], there was a MCWEL--they roped off an area of seats near one of the gates = a lounge.

In NYC at Columbus Circle, The Times Warner Center does a similar thing (as in T8).

IMHO, neither of these are lounges.
I guess going to Grainger to acquire some BARRIER POSTS WITH BELTS is one way to build a "lounge" on shoe string budget.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
As for MasterCard World Elite lounge, think crowded AMEX Centurion lounge crowded by a factor of 10 due to low annual fee on such a card.
I dont know the entry requirements, but the lounge in MEX hasnt looked full when I walk by.

Of course, MEX has like 50 lounges.

Heres a picture of the outside:
https://www.priceless.com/content/da...itelounge1.jpg

I havent been inside because the Amex lounges in Mex accept PRG cards for entry.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Losing the AA membership could be a deal breaker for some but it will be close. If the airline reimbursement turns out to be incidentals only in the future that would be a big hit also. I didnt realize until reading another thread there are a lot of benefits tied to the World Elite status on this card so that could play into my decision to keep long term. Havent tested it but if you are able to stack the World Elite with the 4th night free then that might be enough for me along with PP lounge access and the $250 airline fee credit being for tickets also.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
The AA association was the primary reason I have this card. The access to Admirals Clubs and the increased redemption value of TYP were the reason I was willing to pay the $200 net for this card ($450 AF less $250 airline credit).
Being retired we tend to travel long distances and stay for extended amounts of time. The ability to use the admirals club to shower, get a bite to eat and relax after along flight is a major benefit. The lounges accessible via Priority Pass are a nice addition but don't usually have the facilities available at Admirals Clubs so from our perspective they are an addition, not a replacement for the AC.
Since we normally stay for a week or longer we normally rent an apartment so we have only used the fourth day free once on an upcoming visit to New Zealand.
We found the Prestige card had a nearly perfect set of benefits for us with the enhanced TYP redemption on AA, trip delay and cancellation insurance as well as the lounge access. Without the Admirals club this card will be much less valuable to us.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by jamesinclair
I dont know the entry requirements, but the lounge in MEX hasnt looked full when I walk by.

Of course, MEX has like 50 lounges.

Heres a picture of the outside:
https://www.priceless.com/content/da...itelounge1.jpg

I havent been inside because the Amex lounges in Mex accept PRG cards for entry.
How do you access that club? Just show an MC World Elite card, regardless of issuer, plus a boarding pass? Does it matter what airline you're flying?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.