Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Report Citi Prestige Success/Fail $250 airline expense reimbursements (2015-2018).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
Credit appears on the billing statement for the month the fee/charge hit. It is not an instantaneous credit that you'll see in the account online, it only applies at close of statement.

The year your purchase counts against is based on the statement date, not date of purchase. Tickets purchased late in the year, especially in December, will almost certainly count against the benefit in the following calendar year. Do not wait until the end of the calendar year to use your credits!

Summary of reimbursement options by airline

Please edit the wikipost to add your specific knowledge of airlines.

Aer Lingus: Tickets work
Air Asia: Tickets worked booked on airline site.
Air Canada: Tickets (via travel agent) work. Bag fees work
Air France: Award fees work
Alaska Airlines: Tickets work. In-flight food does not. Gift certificates do not.
Allegiant: Tickets work, with effort.
Atlantic Airways: Tickets work.
American Airlines: Gift certificates work. Status challenge payment works. In-flight food works. Tickets Work Baggage Fees at Airport works.
ANA: Award taxes
Avianca: Upgrade fees work.
British Airways: Tickets work.
Cebu Pacific: Tickets and bag fees work.
China Airlines: Tickets work.
Delta: Bag fees work. Tickets work. Gift cards work.
Emirates: Gift shop purchases work.
Etihad: Award taxes/fees work
EVA: Sky Shop
Frontier: Ticketing online works 6/18/17
Hawaiian: Bag fees work.
JetBlue: Bag fees work. Tickets work.
KLM: Tickets work.
Korean Air: Ticket (via travel agent) works.
Lufthansa: Tickets work.
Malaysia Airlines: Tickets Work
Qatar Airways: Tickets work.
Turkish Airlines: Tickets work. Upgrade fees work.
Southwest: Gift certificates work. Award fees work. In-flight meal purchases do not work.
Sun Country: Tickets work.
Thomas Cook Airlines: flight from UK to USA, priced in GBP, worked
United: Gift certificates work. Tickets work.
Virgin Atlantic: taxes+YQ for award ticket worked
Points + Cash booking via TY portal: Yes, after manual request.
Print Wikipost

Report Citi Prestige Success/Fail $250 airline expense reimbursements (2015-2018).

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:49 am

Is buying AA gift card a safe deal to get reimbursed 250 credit? Plz advice
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by anubond005
Is buying AA gift card a safe deal to get reimbursed 250 credit? Plz advice
Ummm, buying any airline gift card for the most part qualifies. Did you read the post?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:08 pm

How long does the airline credit take to post ? Do I have to call in for the credit , like it is for Chase or is it automatic like Amex ?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by runnnerdude2k2
How long does the airline credit take to post ?
Automatically appears when the statement is generated. If you make the qualifying purchase very near to the end of the billing cycle it might appear on the next statement.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:38 am

Does FT have an exchange type forum where users can sell Airline Gift cards (in my case, American) to one another to cut out the brokers online like cardpool, ebay, etc etc?
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:09 pm

Bought $250 AA GC on 11/17, statement just cut yesterday and received the credit. Also received my 4th night credit.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:59 pm
Suspended

My new Prestige is on the way and I might be up against a quick statement closing date. Is there a certain type of purchase that posts faster than another — e.g., an AA gift card/e-cert vs. a United gift card/e-cert? I don't have any specific flights to book, so gift cards seem to be the best way to use the airline credit ASAP. Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
My new Prestige is on the way and I might be up against a quick statement closing date. Is there a certain type of purchase that posts faster than another — e.g., an AA gift card/e-cert vs. a United gift card/e-cert? I don't have any specific flights to book, so gift cards seem to be the best way to use the airline credit ASAP. Thanks.
I have the same question.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by bluebloods
I have the same question.
Same here. I typically fly United, But I am thinking about purchasing $250 in AA gift cards. If it works, Yay me... Guess I'm flying American. If it doesn't... Oops.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Kaido
Same here. I typically fly United, But I am thinking about purchasing $250 in AA gift cards. If it works, Yay me... Guess I'm flying American. If it doesn't... Oops.
Why won't it work?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:53 pm

Reimbursed for two SW gift cards.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 4:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Please use this thread only to discuss specific expenses which have (or not) been reimbursed.

Discussion of the closing date for recently opened Prestige accounts has been moved to the primary thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...000-spend.html
Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: DL, Marriott
Sorry, I haven't been through the thread, but recalling how easy it was to get Prestige reimbursement, what purchases have actually failed? I mean, buying actual tickets with Prestige works, which is great, so I'm curious what negative data points are out there. I mean I guess I'll also go through it, but I thought Citi was on the easier side with reimbursements compared to Ritz/Amex...
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
I just recently opened the Prestige card, and within a week bought AA $250 gift card. The charge hit on my closing date, but thankfully got the $250 credit. A day later and I would have been SOL for this year. Whew!
Old Dec 13, 2015, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by mia
It does not have to be airfare. It can be any transaction processed by an airline.
Would this work for a hotel booked through an airline?

Anyone know if there is a way to book a hotel and get the $250 credit to cover it? Eg, if the room is booked directly through AA, or SW, etc?

Last edited by mia; Dec 13, 2015 at 2:52 pm Reason: Please do not post the same question in more than one thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.