Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Report Citi Prestige Success/Fail $250 airline expense reimbursements (2015-2018).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
Credit appears on the billing statement for the month the fee/charge hit. It is not an instantaneous credit that you'll see in the account online, it only applies at close of statement.

The year your purchase counts against is based on the statement date, not date of purchase. Tickets purchased late in the year, especially in December, will almost certainly count against the benefit in the following calendar year. Do not wait until the end of the calendar year to use your credits!

Summary of reimbursement options by airline

Please edit the wikipost to add your specific knowledge of airlines.

Aer Lingus: Tickets work
Air Asia: Tickets worked booked on airline site.
Air Canada: Tickets (via travel agent) work. Bag fees work
Air France: Award fees work
Alaska Airlines: Tickets work. In-flight food does not. Gift certificates do not.
Allegiant: Tickets work, with effort.
Atlantic Airways: Tickets work.
American Airlines: Gift certificates work. Status challenge payment works. In-flight food works. Tickets Work Baggage Fees at Airport works.
ANA: Award taxes
Avianca: Upgrade fees work.
British Airways: Tickets work.
Cebu Pacific: Tickets and bag fees work.
China Airlines: Tickets work.
Delta: Bag fees work. Tickets work. Gift cards work.
Emirates: Gift shop purchases work.
Etihad: Award taxes/fees work
EVA: Sky Shop
Frontier: Ticketing online works 6/18/17
Hawaiian: Bag fees work.
JetBlue: Bag fees work. Tickets work.
KLM: Tickets work.
Korean Air: Ticket (via travel agent) works.
Lufthansa: Tickets work.
Malaysia Airlines: Tickets Work
Qatar Airways: Tickets work.
Turkish Airlines: Tickets work. Upgrade fees work.
Southwest: Gift certificates work. Award fees work. In-flight meal purchases do not work.
Sun Country: Tickets work.
Thomas Cook Airlines: flight from UK to USA, priced in GBP, worked
United: Gift certificates work. Tickets work.
Virgin Atlantic: taxes+YQ for award ticket worked
Points + Cash booking via TY portal: Yes, after manual request.
Print Wikipost

Report Citi Prestige Success/Fail $250 airline expense reimbursements (2015-2018).

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2015, 10:26 am

$250 travel credit

I used my prestige card to purchase a AA ticket through the TY travel portal, charged a $250 on the card, rest of them were paid by the TY points. now I checked $250 charge, it shows as:

CL *TRIP CHARGES TRIPCHRG.COM ID TRAVEL AGENCY AND TOUR OPERATORS $ 250.00

will the $250 travel credit apply? Thanks
Old Sep 26, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Citi-Prestige,
Originally Posted by liw5215
I used my prestige card to purchase a AA ticket through the TY travel portal, charged a $250 on the card, rest of them were paid by the TY points. now I checked $250 charge, it shows as:

CL *TRIP CHARGES TRIPCHRG.COM ID TRAVEL AGENCY AND TOUR OPERATORS $ 250.00

will the $250 travel credit apply? Thanks
There rules say it has to be with the airline
Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:44 am

List Citi Prestige Success/Fail $250 airline expense reimbursements.

Any tips for utilizing this annual benefit, outside of the obvious to buy airline tickets?

UA MPX for Amazon Gift Credit?

Airline gift credit?

Refundable airline tickets w/ cancellation post credit - will Citi claw the credit back in the subsequent calendar year?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Colin
Any tips for utilizing this annual benefit, outside of the obvious to buy airline tickets?

UA MPX for Amazon Gift Credit?

Airline gift credit?

Refundable airline tickets w/ cancellation post credit - will Citi claw the credit back in the subsequent calendar year?
UA MPX for Amazon Gift Credit is no go
Old Oct 9, 2015, 11:18 am

I hear AA GCs work but that AS gift cards do not.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Jleey98
I hear AA GCs work but that AS gift cards do not.
I'm thinking about getting this card. Here are the Terms and Conditions for the $250 Air Travel Credit:

Purchases made by the Primary cardmember and Authorized Users on the Card Account are eligible for this statement credit. Please allow 1-2 billing cycles after the qualifying incidental air travel fee is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the account. This statement credit is an annual benefit available for purchases appearing on your billing statements from December through the following December. Pending transactions that do not post in your December billing cycle will count towards the next year's Air Travel Credit.
Airline Fees are defined as purchases made with airlines including Air fares, baggage fees, lounge access and some in-flight purchases. Please allow 1-2 billing cycles after the qualifying air travel expense is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the account.
---------
It appears to me that GCs are eligible. Do you mind sharing more info about the apparent inconsistency between AA and AS? Thx.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:15 am

Bought a $250 American Airlines gift card. How long until I get my $250 credit? The charge just posted today.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:57 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by jeepie
Pending transactions that do not post in your December billing cycle will count towards the next year's Air Travel Credit.
Late in the year, I'd be very nervous about this line in the T&C's!! It seems like you'd have decent control over understanding of when your billing cycle ending date is, but if someone tries to get too cute with their annual benefits maximization, it might burn them.

CLG
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:28 am

Anyone know if it's possible to get the travel credit three times with one payment of the annual fee (for me it's $350 as I am CitiGold).

What i would do is open at beginning of December. Use travel credit in 2015, 2016, and 2017 and then cancel when annual fee comes due.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by dadud3r
Anyone know if it's possible to get the travel credit three times with one payment of the annual fee (for me it's $350 as I am CitiGold).

What i would do is open at beginning of December. Use travel credit in 2015, 2016, and 2017 and then cancel when annual fee comes due.
it is possible. just make sure you have a billing cycle close in late dec 2015.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:13 pm

UA gift card registry

Any reimbursements for theUA gift card registry?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:05 pm

What happens if you have a airline cost over $250? I assume they just reimburse UP TO $250? They would still reimburse though if it's over $250, correct?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 5:26 am

Don't buy allegiant air tickets as their actual website codes as a travel agent so they aren't actually eligible for he fee credit. I either have to buy another ticket or I'm losing out on $100 something of the credit because of those tickets being disqualified.

I'm not saying don't fly allegiant, those guys are pretty cheap and you get 3x points but no fee credit by Citi Prestige.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by nonstopski
What happens if you have a airline cost over $250? I assume they just reimburse UP TO $250? They would still reimburse though if it's over $250, correct?
Yes, for example I used this benefit twice this year for two separate flights. The first flight was only $67ish dollars, and I received a very quick credit for this amount. The second flight was an international flight to which the remaining amount of credit was credited back to my credit card for a total of $250 after both credits were applied.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by teddy25
it is possible. just make sure you have a billing cycle close in late dec 2015.
based on this, when is the best time to apply? cards are very different with regards to first billing cycle. I was gonna wait until Dec, but should I actually apply/approve in November?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.