Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
Print Wikipost

Prestige/Premier are getting face lifts.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, Marriott
Got my replacement Prestige today (still waiting on Premier). Just glad to have the stripe on the back now, so cashiers won't have as much trouble. But as others have said, Citi dropped the ball on this. I see what people mean...the back side, it looks like they basically taped a highly adhesive sticker with my info to the card. I can also sort of see the imprint of this rectangle on the front side too if the light is correct. I am glad, however, that they made the 'coin' sharper again. The '2nd' version of the new designs (matte material, stripe on 'front' and chip on 'back') the coin looked really blurry on the Prestige. I think it's fine now with this design.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:45 pm

I feel like if chase can push out metal cards that have 85-95 AFs, Citi can do so for a 450 AF one.
Maybe someone should tweet this and see how they respond. I would but I don't have twitter
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:53 pm

Lack of metal, and lack of point transfer to a domestic airline, are the Prestige's major faults.

I would even pay a fee to transfer points to AA.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by davie355
Lack of metal, and lack of point transfer to a domestic airline, are the Prestige's major faults.
Virgin America is now a transfer partner.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: UA, HA
Originally Posted by LR2013
... I know now not to expect a CSP or Ritz-Carlton level quality card.
+1, This. Citi obviously has invested better (wider) category bonuses into the Premier and Prestige cards vs Chase in the CSP; they've upgraded the TYP transfer partners, too. And yet the physical design makes me want to keep my Premier card as a Plan B or C in my wallet. The funny thing is that they clearly wanted to stand out design-wise with their recent attempt at cleverness. Fail. But this re-do seems more a cranky overcorrection into cheapness.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:40 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
I feel like if chase can push out metal cards that have 85-95 AFs, Citi can do so for a 450 AF one.
Maybe someone should tweet this and see how they respond. I would but I don't have twitter
I don't even want a metal card... I just want a Prestige card that is the same build quality as the Debit/ATM card I have from Citi. (In other words, the same quality as most other credit cards from other issuers are in this country.)
Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by davie355

I would even pay a fee to transfer points to AA.
The lack of a transfer option to AA is fascinating as it's different from every single other bank/airline relationship in the industry. Amex points transfer to DL, Chase to UA, etc. Maybe when the AA program is updated to match the industry devaluations they will allow transfers. Would be great to be able to earn 3x AA miles, but when that day is here I doubt AA miles will be worth what they are today.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
Update - received replacement premier card. It is still the very old (pre-flat) design with raised numbers, but it has a chip. Interesting they are still issuing that design.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by dw
I don't even want a metal card... I just want a Prestige card that is the same build quality as the Debit/ATM card I have from Citi. (In other words, the same quality as most other credit cards from other issuers are in this country.)
I don't want a metal card either. I actually liked the old (but badly designed swipe on front, chip on back) material.

The new one is even flimsier. How is that even possible?

My health insurance card is made of a better quality material than the Prestige.

I don't get it.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:18 pm

I wish they would make it out of metal
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by runb4fun
I wish they would make it out of metal
My account shows a new card sent with the same number/expiry date, new design?

UPDATE: same old design, I never ordered a card but after a rep researched it she revealed the rep ordered a new card in error and notated my account Oh well.

Last edited by Nick92; Jan 11, 2016 at 8:26 am
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:02 am

Just got the redesign as I got tired of telling everyone stripe is on the front. The quality is so cheap I don't want to activate. Feels barely better than cardboard for a $450 card.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by armstwa
...quality is so cheap I don't want to activate.
How long has your account been open? The material used for the one I just received is similar to other cards, perhaps a little thinner because there are no raised characters., but thicker than the one it replaces. I wonder if Citi is using less expensive material for first year cardholders than for renewals.

Last edited by mia; Jan 25, 2016 at 7:37 am
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by armstwa
Just got the redesign as I got tired of telling everyone stripe is on the front. The quality is so cheap I don't want to activate. Feels barely better than cardboard for a $450 card.
It definitely falls under the category of First World Problems, but I have the newer version and agree. It's so thin, it seems like it might bend in half if someone jams it into a chip reader too aggressively.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I set my new Prestige card on desktop next to a Virgin Atlantic Card (Bank of America) and an Ink card (Chase). There is no difference in thickness between the three cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.