Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
Print Wikipost

Prestige/Premier are getting face lifts.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA
Got my replacement with the new design. Called yesterday received today! New design is pretty much perfect but this cards material really needs to be beefed up considerably.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jmill79
Got my replacement with the new design. Called yesterday received today! New design is pretty much perfect but this cards material really needs to be beefed up considerably.
Yeah, just got my new card. The quality of the material and build has decreased unfortunately.

It's a bit disappointing but I think it's worth the trade off with having to explain how to use the card every time i hand it off to someone.

Also, 2-day delivery via fedex makes it easy to replace the card if it gets too beat up and hopefully by then they would have improved the quality.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
i actually liked the translucent arch! it was cool! Gonna try to keep my current card as long as I can (before I lose it)
Old Oct 22, 2015, 7:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Got my card today, the new design. This is my first Citi Prestige card. Wow, what an expensive piece of cheap plastic! Shame really, compared to the CSP I'm so used to whipping out.

Oh well. Bring on the TY points and lounge access!

Neil
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:10 pm

I now just swipe the card for the people at the fast food joints. Showing them the strip doesn't work.

I don't have the new 'design'.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Update: Card Came, I have to say I like the color of the card more than the previous version. I also really like how the center circle has some "depth" to it. I'm sad to see the blue umbrella is no longer translucent, but oh well.

As for the quality of the card, my oh my its flimsy. The card I received is slightly curved and appears to have gotten a little bent in-transit. I do not understand why the name is on both sides, but other than that I'm glad I don't have to have awkward small talk about why my card doesn't "work" every time I swipe it.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 6:31 am

Followed Flyertalk called in for a new card they sent me the old card and with no chip
Old Oct 24, 2015, 3:05 pm

I'm just going to use Samsung Pay.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:45 am

Got my new card yesterday as well. I hate how flimsy it is
Old Oct 27, 2015, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, Marriott
I now see the new designs on the website on my account summary, although when I click into my Prestige, it still shows a picture of the Premier even if my Prestige is selected.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Obi917
Followed Flyertalk called in for a new card they sent me the old card and with no chip
We both must have reached the same person, happened to me too.

The next one is supposed to come today
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Today's is like Saturdays still the old style with no Chip in front.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:07 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Obi917
...the old card and with no chip
No chip, or with the chip on the "back"?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:11 pm

My 2 don't have a chip front or back. Rainbow stripe with raised numbers
Old Oct 27, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
Originally Posted by mhdena
My 2 don't have a chip front or back. Rainbow stripe with raised numbers
I haven't tried getting a new card in the last week, but ~two months ago i tried getting the new design on my premier (I sill have the rainbow with raised numbers). I received 3 replacement cards and all had the old design. When ordering the last time i had a rep who seemed knowledgeable (or at least talked a good game) who said (after some digging) that there were effectively two different paths for the premier card stock. If you had applied for the new card design you were in that channel and if you had the older raised number card you were in another and they would keep issuing replacement cards on the old stock until it was depleted.

Who knows how accurate that statement was, but after three tries i still ended up with the raised number design. I don't know if that has any impact on getting the new chip on the front card design or not, but your experience seems to indicate it has not changed the process for legacy card holders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.