Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
Print Wikipost

Prestige/Premier are getting face lifts.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:32 pm

Someone on the point guy blog reported getting a new design card. I logged into my citi online account and saw the new design as well, looks like they move the strip back and bring the chip out front now. Colour is still gray for premier and black for prestige.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, Marriott
DoC article: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-p...p-on-the-back/

Last edited by pritomd; Oct 19, 2015 at 4:06 pm
Old Oct 20, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Has anyone received the new design?

I just got the card last week. Hoping I get the old design.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 10:22 am

I prefer the old design, but card feels nicer (satin finish) and the printing of the circles is much sharper and clearer. The back looks very ordinary, using a plain printing and no more hologram printing of info. I think it would look nicer without the name printed on the front and if the card were made of a more premium material.

Last edited by Nick92; Oct 20, 2015 at 11:26 am
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Just learned about the new design via DoC, I'm pretty happy about the change since I def. had to deal with some confused merchants.

Anyone have pics of the new one up? All of the ones I've seen on the internet are still of the old one with the strip on the front.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:18 pm

OK - FedEx just arrived at office with new card - blocked out areas with info (i hope).

Plastic is a little flimsier, blue arch not tranluscent - strip on front bottom is now on back top (like "normal"), and chip is front upper-left (again, like "normal"). Just your name is where the stripe was on the front.

The new design seems "normal" - but actually seems pretty poor quality - IE - the area on the back with the card # and name/exp has "edges" around it that you can see almost glue - like border on it - I'm not describing well, I know, but maybe someone that got it overnighted today will see what I'm talking about and use better words?

Last edited by levilevi; Oct 20, 2015 at 12:28 pm Reason: updated pic notes
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:10 pm

Lol @ blacking out the EMV chip.

Would love to see the look on a cashier's face when 2 customers, one after another, present the old and new design of the same card.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by davie355
Lol @ blacking out the EMV chip.
Hahaha - yeah , figured who knows what kids these days can do on the interweb! hahah
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, Marriott
Nice pic! Thanks for sharing! Glad the new design is rolled out, and the mobile app clues came true! I will gladly take more convenient cashier swipes Does the 'coin' on the front look like it's slightly lower? I requested a new card last week and got the old design but matte material and the coin looks like it's 3d/lower. I spent 5 minutes just moving it around in the light!
Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
Just got mine as well, can't believe the plastic is thinner/flimsier. There's also some roughness along the edges, that you can see if holding at an angle. Good grief, Citi. Also, the card is more matte and not as glossy. Should be getting my new Prestige today or tomorrow, so I know now not to expect a CSP or Ritz-Carlton level quality card.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LR2013
Just got mine as well, can't believe the plastic is thinner/flimsier. Good grief, Citi. The new card is more matte and not as glossy. Should be getting my new Prestige today or tomorrow, so I know now not to expect a CSP or Ritz-Carlton level quality card.
That's too bad. I was really hoping for a CSP quality card for the new Prestige. Didn't have my hopes up though since it requires a new manufacturing process unless they partner up with whoever manufactures the CSP.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:09 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by LR2013
Just got mine as well, can't believe the plastic is thinner/flimsier. There's also some roughness along the edges, that you can see if holding at an angle. Good grief, Citi. Also, the card is more matte and not as glossy. Should be getting my new Prestige today or tomorrow, so I know now not to expect a CSP or Ritz-Carlton level quality card.
I just received my Prestige today and I share the same sentiments. The card is matte and just feels incredibly cheap- probably the cheapest feeling credit card I have ever had to date. It's hard to think of what to compare it to, but when I hold it in my hand, it doesn't even feel like a credit card or gift card. While the printing on the back is still in silver, for some reason it also looks much cheaper than the same printing on the back of the old design.

Pictures follow, but they don't really capture how cheap the card looks.

Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:11 pm

Just to clarify, the card I received is the Premier. Have yet to see new Prestige (it should be here later today or tomorrow per Citi), but not holding my breath on the quality of it based on how bad the Premier looks. The more I look at this Premier, the worse it's getting. The area on back where the number, your name, and expiry date looks a little "different," and like a sticker was over it and they peeled it off, but you can see the messy edging.

Maybe they'll straighten out the production flaws as they stamp out more, and this is what we impatient people get as a result of our... impatience.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by dw
I just received my Prestige today and I share the same sentiments. The card is matte and just feels incredibly cheap- probably the cheapest feeling credit card I have ever had to date. It's hard to think of what to compare it to, but when I hold it in my hand, it doesn't even feel like a credit card or gift card. While the printing on the back is still in silver, for some reason it also looks much cheaper than the same printing on the back of the old design.

Pictures follow, but they don't really capture how cheap the card looks.

Was typing my reply at the same time as you, LOL. Thanks for confirming what I feared with Prestige. Geez, Citi... credit cards are not new inventions.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 5:51 pm

Is it flimsier/worse quality than the matte design (still with the stripe on front and chip on back) it was just recently updated to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.