Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
Print Wikipost

Prestige/Premier are getting face lifts.

Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, Marriott
Lightbulb Prestige/Premier are getting face lifts.

This would be great if they were?

Much like the SPG update, a mobile app could be giving clues I think...

I got the new Citi app, and noticed they updated the card for one of my AAdvantage cards. Neat.

When I went to my Premier and Prestige, I saw they had the current designs. Cool. IIRC the Premier was the old design, and the Prestige was just a blue placeholder.

But upon closer inspection, there were some slight differences. Could it be that they may re-design the Prestige/Premier to get rid of that consarn front stripe?

Notice in the pic: Name appears to be on the front now, near the bottom left. Also, chip is now on the front (isn't there some CC regulation that has the chip/stripe on opposite sides?).

I really hope they do change it to this. That'd be great. I don't use Apple Pay, but is it updated like this there too? Here's hoping this is really a thing and not just me freaking out!!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:44 am

I really hope it changes.. also hoping the prestige be a heavier card as well :P
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:29 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I hope so as well... hopefully Citi's marketing department has finally accepted that they made a blunder with the new card designs and are taking steps to reverse it.

Let's keep our eyes on whether the card art changes in our non-app online accounts or on the card application landing pages at citicards.com
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:48 pm

Citi Prestige card design sucks!

Sorry, but this thread will be of no help to anyone. I just needed someplace to vent. I've had the card for over 6 months and the percentage of times a clerk has swiped it correctly on the first try is around 1%. The card is black, the magnetic stripe is black. Why not just put it where people expect it to be?!?!?!

Thanks for letting me vent. Mods can delete if you wish.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spendlesslivebetter
Sorry, but this thread will be of no help to anyone. I just needed someplace to vent. I've had the card for over 6 months and the percentage of times a clerk has swiped it correctly on the first try is around 1%. The card is black, the magnetic stripe is black. Why not just put it where people expect it to be?!?!?!

Thanks for letting me vent. Mods can delete if you wish.
This same sentiment has been expressed many times in the master thread for the Prestige card.

You and I agree: it's pathetic. It's a disincentive to use it, at least if I'm in a hurry.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Yes this is the real thing. It is getting a facelift and yes the mag strip is finally moving to the back of the card where it should have been all along (and I echo the same issues as everyone else with the mag stripe).

I'm not sure of the exact timing but my understanding from my source is that the physical card should be rolled out fairly soon and I was also led to believe that the Prestige will in fact be heavier.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:36 am

I sure hope they get a face lift. My prestige is losing its name because people swipe it wrong.

One person at a fast food joint took ages as he took it to the manager... Sigh.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duke787
Yes this is the real thing. It is getting a facelift and yes the mag strip is finally moving to the back of the card where it should have been all along (and I echo the same issues as everyone else with the mag stripe).

I'm not sure of the exact timing but my understanding from my source is that the physical card should be rolled out fairly soon and I was also led to believe that the Prestige will in fact be heavier.
Amazing! Is this a secret source or can you share where you heard it? Would you consider it 'confirmed'?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Citi told me (through twitter DM) that the new cards are rolling out at the end of october.Magnetic stripe to the back but they didn't know if it's going to be heavier or not...
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:56 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by olgsr
Citi told me (through twitter DM) that the new cards are rolling out at the end of october.Magnetic stripe to the back but they didn't know if it's going to be heavier or not...
Thank goodness. I've barely used the card this year for in person transactions because of the annoyance; I will be calling in the first day I hear the new design is available for a replacement!
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olgsr
Very nice! So Citi now confirms it! I tweeted twice about new designs and the first time they said they'd forward my comment to Mobile team, second time they said they appreciated my feedback (basically I said the design sucked, hoping they'd tell me "good news! It's new updated!") but glad you got official confirmation! Great stuff.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pritomd
Amazing! Is this a secret source or can you share where you heard it? Would you consider it 'confirmed'?
Can't share the source but per the posts above looks like Citi is publicly confirming it via DM as well!

Hopefully they get the new card to me faster than the refreshed AA Exec which I still haven't received
Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Thank goodness. I've barely used the card this year for in person transactions because of the annoyance; I will be calling in the first day I hear the new design is available for a replacement!
+1 on calling immediately once the new design is available. Looking forward to the days when I can go back to handing the card to the drive thru cashier without the conversation ... 😎
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dicoverist
Another Problem With Prestige's Lousy Card Design

Just returned from Germany where I rented a car from Sixt. Upon presenting my Prestige Master Card I was informed that all credit cards need to have the card holder's name in raised embossed letters and that cards with a printed name are not accepted. Only after arguing with a supervisor did they accept the card. I could have used another card but wanted the primary insurance that comes with the Prestige Master Card.

I know that other cards only have printed names but if a card is a hassle to use, it doesn't get used. Add this to the swipe stripe on the front of the card, it is making it doubtful that I will keep the card. I wish they would make the card easy to use instead of pretty to look at.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Hold out for one more month. New card design coming out at the end of October.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.