Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
Print Wikipost

Prestige/Premier are getting face lifts.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 2:38 pm

So I called in last week to request a new card on Monday and it was delivered by Wednesday, due to the holiday. Initially, when I called in, I asked about a new card and the CSR said there was a new design and that she would send out a new card ASAP! Hoping for the best, when I received the card, it was the same look (stripe on the front, name on the back), except the card was matte and the design on the front was more 3D than before. I was bummed, because I have a lot of issues with merchants and what not, like everyone else, so I called back today and asked about the new cards that are appearing on the mobile apps, and I just noticed today they changed the card on the activity section of our online access via computer browser. The CSR, today, confirmed that the new design is actually coming out tomorrow, October 19, and when I say "Confirmed" he put me on hold and "checked" (whatever that means). He recommended that I wait a few days to let everything update before calling in again to ask about the new card. I, myself, am very impatient, so I am going to call in, first thing in the morning, to see if I can get the new design and will report ASAP!!
Old Oct 18, 2015, 2:53 pm

Great news that I have been waiting for. Now I might just use this card more often.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Are they sending them out en mass or only if requested?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
Are they sending them out en mass or only if requested?
Took them 2 days to make my card the they sent it via super slow mail.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, Marriott
I still see the old designs (stripes on front) on the website / app / my account. I'll wait until someone receives a new card and see if the new designs are out, since just last week I requested new cards (in order to get the matte material).
Old Oct 19, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
While I'm excited to get the new card, I'm not looking forward to updating all of my auto bill pay accounts.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by shesshann
I, myself, am very impatient, so I am going to call in, first thing in the morning, to see if I can get the new design and will report ASAP!!
Any luck?

I had ordered a replacement last week as mine has become almost illegible. I haven't received my replacement yet, but based on everyone's feedback here, I will probably get the matte version.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 7:46 am

I hope they finally address the question of the material and it doesn't feel like a cheap plastic disposable gift card.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Pochama
While I'm excited to get the new card, I'm not looking forward to updating all of my auto bill pay accounts.
If the account number stays the same shouldn't be anything to update, until after the expiration date.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I would not physically carry a card that I use for recurring charges. Instead I set aside a specific card for all recurring transactions, and it seldom leaves the safe.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by pritomd
I still see the old designs (stripes on front) on the website / app / my account. I'll wait until someone receives a new card and see if the new designs are out, since just last week I requested new cards (in order to get the matte material).
Same for me upon logon - stripe on front. Also I see the annoying design when logged out on the card info page for general public:
https://www.citi.com/credit-card-det...-cards&afc=150
Old Oct 19, 2015, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, Marriott
Now I see the new design (chip on front) when I actually click on my Citi Premier. On the main page it still has old, but I see the new chip on front when I click into the card details.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by RotaryPoweredx7
Any luck?

I had ordered a replacement last week as mine has become almost illegible. I haven't received my replacement yet, but based on everyone's feedback here, I will probably get the matte version.
I called Citi this morning and it looks like I will be getting a new card tomorrow with the chip on the front and stripe on the back? COULD THIS BE?!?!?!?! Only time will tell, the CSR was very nice and he seemed very aware of the new change of design. He asked if I wanted to overnight the card to receive it tomorrow or just regular mail? Of course, I opted in for the next-day air!

I will keep you updated and post a picture if the news is true!
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:09 pm

is this just for the Premier or the Prestige as well?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:58 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by WantsAmex
is this just for the Premier or the Prestige as well?
@AskCiti on Twitter indicates that this is for both card products.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.