Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
Print Wikipost

Prestige/Premier are getting face lifts.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:08 pm
Suspended

What about sturdiness? My Prestige feels very flimsy.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:39 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I shuffled two cards (Prestige and Virgin Atlantic), and without looking I flexed both between my thumb and three fingers. The Prestige offered more resistance.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA
So I still have my old design, along with the newer updated card design. Zero info changed between the 2. Im assuming the old design should still be active, correct?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:06 pm
fjk

Originally Posted by jsk1973
My first feeling was my prestige felt pretty flimsy too. It even came in the mail slightly warped.

But on direct comparison I really cant spot or quantify any differences with my other cards..........

except CSP. Probably just expected something more substantial for $450/year.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Wow, just got my prestige. It is pretty flimsy. The packaging it came in was much better than the card itself. lol.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HGHUA
Wow, just got my prestige. It is pretty flimsy. The packaging it came in was much better than the card itself. lol.
Oddly, my Citi Prestige looks/feels like it's about half as thick as my Citi AAdvantage. Both were issued in December.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsk1973
I agree, it does feel flimsy compared to all my other cards. Maybe it's because they don't 'punch' the numbers into it, it's a thinner card.

Originally Posted by HGHUA
+1
Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
My card was a replacement for a compromised card. These are likely shipped from a different location, and perhaps they are also made on different stock?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Perhaps, but my Prestige and my AAdvantage were both issued via normal approvals and haven't been replaced, and the former is about half as thick as the latter.

I suspect Citi was in a rush to get the new Prestige out the door after the strip-on-the-front fiasco. Maybe they're using a different vendor for those, for some reason.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Called in and they said normally they could replace cards with the old version but for some reason they can't for mine. Great...

On the plus side, got my priority pass today. Just in time for a trip in a few days! Yah!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.