Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Based on 3 bookings and a lot of back and forth, it is my belief that the agent (CWT) documents the amount of the 'refund' for 'the fourth night' at the time they make the booking.

Whatever dollar amount they enter will be what you get- it isnt a live field that gets dynamically updated when you actually stay. nor is it a link to the published rate for the hotel. An agent makes a booking, figures out the 4th night cost, enters that as the rebate and off you go.

I booked a bunch of rooms for Australia when the exchange rate was 0.8x. They said "you will get $XXX" in us dollars. It is my understanding that nobody will every look at these calculations again- when that bookings results in a hotel stay with an IATA commission back to them, Citi/mastercard will credit me the amount that had been calculated at booking. (Not only will the cost be less as the AUD rates are dropping, I will likely get the original amount calculated at the higher conversion.)

It is also my belief that the IATA commission process- that tells CWT (or whomever) that the stay was completed- is the KEY to getting the rebate. Many hotels are happy to change a booking for a customer that calls directly- AND IF THEY DELETE THE IATA NUMBER- the hotel keeps the commission.

All my conjecture
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Based on 3 bookings and a lot of back and forth, it is my belief that the agent (CWT) documents the amount of the 'refund' for 'the fourth night' at the time they make the booking.

Whatever dollar amount they enter will be what you get- it isnt a live field that gets dynamically updated when you actually stay. nor is it a link to the published rate for the hotel. An agent makes a booking, figures out the 4th night cost, enters that as the rebate and off you go.

I booked a bunch of rooms for Australia when the exchange rate was 0.8x. They said "you will get $XXX" in us dollars. It is my understanding that nobody will every look at these calculations again- when that bookings results in a hotel stay with an IATA commission back to them, Citi/mastercard will credit me the amount that had been calculated at booking. (Not only will the cost be less as the AUD rates are dropping, I will likely get the original amount calculated at the higher conversion.)

It is also my belief that the IATA commission process- that tells CWT (or whomever) that the stay was completed- is the KEY to getting the rebate. Many hotels are happy to change a booking for a customer that calls directly- AND IF THEY DELETE THE IATA NUMBER- the hotel keeps the commission.

All my conjecture
4th night amount is fixed at booking. What happens to the fx rate is no longer relevant after booking. As for the commission process, have no idea as I've had received the 4th night back on cancelled reservations.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:29 am

Looking to book 2 rooms for 4 nights in Munich. If I pay for both (pre-paid rate) with my prestige card, would I get the 4th night reimbursed for both rooms? Or just 1?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:35 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by gofarhaveacigar
Looking to book 2 rooms for 4 nights in Munich. If I pay for both (pre-paid rate) with my prestige card, would I get the 4th night reimbursed for both rooms? Or just 1?
You can try to see if Citi will even booked 2 rooms as separate reservations.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:10 am

Angry Disappointed

As a new Prestige cardholder, I must say my first experience with the so-called "concierge" was disappointing. I understand the agency is now Aspire Lifestyles and the agent I finally got to speak with seemed half asleep. She was polite and presumably knowledgeable, but hardly friendly or energetic. And it took TWO DAYS to book a simple hotel reservation. Don't understand why Aspire doesn't have a website for self-service booking and eliminate all this 1980s procedure. I'm used to booking a hotel instantly, not waiting two days. Not impressed at all.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by seawolf
4th night amount is fixed at booking. What happens to the fx rate is no longer relevant after booking.
Agreed. That is my point

As for the commission process, have no idea as I've had received the 4th night back on cancelled reservations.
interesting datum.

Did you cancel via concierge, or local w hotel?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:12 am

This is annoying... the concierge service can't book a rate that I see online because it requires having an IHG account, so they have to book it at a slightly higher (15 Euro/night rate). Has anyone had that problem before?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:45 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
This is annoying... the concierge service can't book a rate that I see online because it requires having an IHG account, so they have to book it at a slightly higher (15 Euro/night rate). Has anyone had that problem before?
These are the new "members only" rates that Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, etc. have started experimenting with, and require being a member of their loyalty program, AND direct booking. Unfortunately, they cannot be booked through a travel agent.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:47 am

Yes, I had that issue with a Hilton booking.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by rgronenb
As a new Prestige cardholder, I must say my first experience with the so-called "concierge" was disappointing. I understand the agency is now Aspire Lifestyles and the agent I finally got to speak with seemed half asleep. She was polite and presumably knowledgeable, but hardly friendly or energetic. And it took TWO DAYS to book a simple hotel reservation. Don't understand why Aspire doesn't have a website for self-service booking and eliminate all this 1980s procedure. I'm used to booking a hotel instantly, not waiting two days. Not impressed at all.
Yea, at least the benefit is worth the frustration. Hopefully, Aspire will get up to speed quickly.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 3:42 pm
Original Member

You are still well ahead than not having the 4th night free, are you not?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:28 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
FYI: my Prestige fourth night rebate has just posted on a stay involving a Fairmont third night free certificate. There you go folks. This is as far as I know the best possible simultaneous use of a Fairmont Premier third night free and Suite upgrade certificate.

Originally Posted by progapanda
Like the AJ, I too had a (non-US) stay completed 01/09/16 that has not yet posted. This stay involved the use of a third night free certificate, so I'm keen to see if it posts at all.

Last edited by progapanda; Feb 6, 2016 at 7:41 am
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:12 pm

easy change the rate post hoc self-service at IHG.com
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by progapanda
FYI: my Prestige fourth night rebate has just posted on a stay involving a Fairmont third night free certificate. There you go folks. FYI. This is as far as I know the best possible simultaneous use of a Fairmont Premier third night free and Suite upgrade certificate.
Did you make the booking with CWT or Aspire?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Colin
easy change the rate post hoc self-service at IHG.com
Have you done this and still had the 4th night rebate post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.