Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 26, 17, 6:45 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: swag
Wiki Link
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/ad...o-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 11, 16, 12:00 pm
  #751  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,406
How do I check how much Citi will reimburse me for a 4 night stay? I tried checking the rate for just the 4th night, and it turns out different than the rate if I check the rate for 4 consecutive nights.
DaveInLA is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 12:08 pm
  #752  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,072
It reimburses the fourth night, period, assuming the stay is booked through CWT and qualifies, etc.
jsk1973 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 6:45 pm
  #753  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: AA PLT
Posts: 2,740
Originally Posted by dkjb3t4 View Post
How does it work if I book two rooms?
I would like to book two separate rooms on the same trip for my family for about five nights, which I hope means I will be getting two fourth nights reimbursed, since I'm booking two rooms... But I'm not sure if that's how it works.
The T&Cs of the program prohibit you from booking more than one room under the fourth night free at any given time.
linglingfool is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 7:46 pm
  #754  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 466
Originally Posted by jsk1973 View Post
It reimburses the fourth night, period, assuming the stay is booked through CWT and qualifies, etc.
what happens if the fourth night you decide to order room service, and other nice things? can you tack on some things on the fourth night and get reimbursed?
dkjb3t4 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 7:49 pm
  #755  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,072
No.

(And good grief.)
jsk1973 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 8:24 pm
  #756  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ORD
Posts: 980
Originally Posted by linglingfool View Post
The T&Cs of the program prohibit you from booking more than one room under the fourth night free at any given time.
And they will call you to ask when they're getting ready to reimburse you.
Bttc is offline  
Old Jan 15, 16, 12:08 pm
  #757  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: AZ
Programs: HH Diamond
Posts: 184
Request for confirmation - 3 times!!

I made a reservation 1/13 for a stay in April, was told to expect a confirmation email. Never received anything so today I called Citi concierge to ask for status of confirmation. I was transferred to an agent who promised to send it. What I received was a blank email - no attachment. I responded, repeating that I wanted the confirmation (and repeating the specifics of the reservation) and attaching a copy of the confirmation I received for a totally different reservation I made with them. My note clearly said the attachment was for a different reservation and was just an example of what I was looking for.

As you can probably guess, I quickly received a note with an attachment - for the wrong reservation. I should have known better.

So I replied pointing out that after 3 requests with no progress I would appreciate receiving what I should have received automatically 2 days ago. Fortunately I have the time to wear them down...

Just adding the final resolution - third follow-up request did the trick - they finally sent a note which included the confirmation - the correct one this time. I posted this comment as a caution to others that they can't expect it every reservation to be completed successfully on the first request (or the second, etc.) so plan to look for the confirmation and verify it is correct. OK I also wanted to vent my frustration ...

Last edited by MellieAZ; Jan 20, 16 at 11:43 am Reason: Post Resolution
MellieAZ is offline  
Old Jan 17, 16, 5:58 pm
  #758  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 153
I just booked a couple of stays today with the concierge. Apparently, today was the first day of the transition from Ten to Aspire. The good news is that the concierge told me that they have all the tools to book to the 4th free night-eligible stays themselves and do not need to loop in CWT agents anymore. In fact, I believe they may no longer be using CWT, but I could be mistaken.
billybayswater is offline  
Old Jan 17, 16, 9:36 pm
  #759  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 175
I called the concierge tonight for an upcoming trip and unfortunately it is the same setup as with Ten Group. Aspire transferred me to Carlson Wagonlit (CWT) for the fourth night free. I asked the Aspire agent if this would continue and she said it likely would since CWT did such a great job. Fearing my comments would go too negative too fast, I just said OK and asked for the transfer to CWT.
Enclave is offline  
Old Jan 17, 16, 9:42 pm
  #760  
NDN
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Posts: 716
Originally Posted by MellieAZ View Post
I made a reservation 1/13 for a stay in April, was told to expect a confirmation email. Never received anything so today I called Citi concierge to ask for status of confirmation. I was transferred to an agent who promised to send it. What I received was a blank email - no attachment. I responded, repeating that I wanted the confirmation (and repeating the specifics of the reservation) and attaching a copy of the confirmation I received for a totally different reservation I made with them. My note clearly said the attachment was for a different reservation and was just an example of what I was looking for.

As you can probably guess, I quickly received a note with an attachment - for the wrong reservation. I should have known better.

So I replied pointing out that after 3 requests with no progress I would appreciate receiving what I should have received automatically 2 days ago. Fortunately I have the time to wear them down...
If you give them your rewards account number for the hotel so they put it on the reservation, then you don't need any confirmation.
NDN is offline  
Old Jan 17, 16, 11:32 pm
  #761  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 153
Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
I called the concierge tonight for an upcoming trip and unfortunately it is the same setup as with Ten Group. Aspire transferred me to Carlson Wagonlit (CWT) for the fourth night free. I asked the Aspire agent if this would continue and she said it likely would since CWT did such a great job. Fearing my comments would go too negative too fast, I just said OK and asked for the transfer to CWT.
Interesting. I was a bit worried about the lack of transfer to CWT and asked them to put the 4th Night Free in writing when they send the confirmation, and he was explicit that he did not need to, but it did seem like this was all a new thing to them.

I actually booked two separate reservations today and both times the concierge did the booking himself and neither transferred me and both said they didn't need to. Now I'm a bit worried about getting credit.

My current reservation on Starwood states: "Rate Description: Radius Agency Iata Required To Book
SET or Corporate Account Number: 99348." Can't tell if this is CWT or not.
billybayswater is offline  
Old Jan 18, 16, 5:02 am
  #762  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 42,278
Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
... I asked the Aspire agent if this would continue and she said it likely would since CWT did such a great job.
The fourth night free benefit is provided by MasterCard, not by Citi, and CWT is MasterCard's designated agency. The terms direct us to contact the concierge. I take this to mean that CWT must be involved:

You will enjoy a complimentary fourth night with no black-out dates, when you book four consecutive nights at any hotel booked by a personal travel advisor designated by MasterCard (the "designated travel advisor" is Carlson Wagonlit Travel). Bookings made through other methods such as, travel agents, websites or directly with a hotel will not qualify.

To receive your complimentary night (via a statement credit) you must:


Make a reservation for a minimum, consecutive four-night stay by contacting the Citi Prestige Concierge, to book directly with a designated travel advisor

Fully pay for your stay with a Citi Prestige Card
https://online.citi.com/US/JRS/porta...CTermsBenefits
mia is online now  
Old Jan 18, 16, 6:53 am
  #763  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: AZ
Programs: HH Diamond
Posts: 184
Originally Posted by NDN View Post
If you give them your rewards account number for the hotel so they put it on the reservation, then you don't need any confirmation.
I can see the reservation on the hotel website - but it has nothing about the rebate from Mastercard. I wanted confirmation that they would rebate the 4th night. Otherwise, I have little proof of their contract/promise to do so. Call me suspicious but stuff happens and I feel better with a verifiable record - electronic or paper.

And BTW - on the hotel website, it shows the total amount of the stay and my preference for non-smoking room, nothing about the nightly rate, room type reserved. That seems to be only on the confirmation that I finally received.

Last edited by MellieAZ; Jan 18, 16 at 7:02 am Reason: Added info
MellieAZ is offline  
Old Jan 18, 16, 9:48 am
  #764  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 153
Originally Posted by mia View Post
The fourth night free benefit is provided by MasterCard, not by Citi, and CWT is MasterCard's designated agency. The terms direct us to contact the concierge. I take this to mean that CWT must be involved:



https://online.citi.com/US/JRS/porta...CTermsBenefits
Well, I just canceled my prior reservation and called to rebook to see if a different concierge gave a different response -- same issue, the Aspire concierge insisted she do it on her end without looping in CWT. After noting to her how all my prior bookings had been before the concierge switch I asked her to please confirm that this was the case. After putting me on hold for a few minutes, she came back and said it was confirmed that she could do it herself. I'm still pretty suspicious, but this is now the third Aspire concierge who insisted CWT was not needed, so if it turns out to be the case that they are needed, a lot of people are going to complain (she had told me she has done many of these bookings in just the last 2 days).

I just have a strong feeling I am going to have to chase down this money in a couple of months.
billybayswater is offline  
Old Jan 18, 16, 10:23 am
  #765  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 42,278
Originally Posted by billybayswater View Post
... Aspire concierge insisted she do it on her end without looping in CWT.
Aspire could have a different working relationship with CWT than Ten did. It will be interesting to see if all booking are handled this way over the next few weeks, or if some types of properties are still passed to a live CWT agent.
mia is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: