Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mia
I think it would be helpful if posters would mention the names of hotels, in particular independent hotels, to help others see if someone has already tried to use the benefit there.
I was trying to book rooms at The Square Hotel Milano Duomo, a relatively new hotel situated near the Duomo in Milan, Italy for August. This was the hotel that I was told at first could be booked using the 4th night free deal for a flexible rate, but when I asked for the non-refundable, much less expensive, rate that was found online on the hotel's website, was told the hotel could not be booked at all.

Although I probably should have pressed and asked to speak to a supervisor, I don't have much time to work on this so ended up reserving a non-refundable rate at the Westin Palace Hotel Milan. The rate on the CWT site matched the rate on SPG's site. The Citi concierge person who told me that The Square Hotel could not be booked was pretty useless, as after waiting for 24 hours to hear back regarding the Westin, I found out that the desire to book at the Westin hadn't even been conveyed to CWT. Once I was transferred to CWT, the reservation was relatively painless other than the fact that they botched the first name on the reservation and missed a digit on the *wood number. The confirmation # provided by CWT matched the *wood confirmation, so everything was easily fixed by calling *wood.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do feel like there is a general disconnect between Citi and CWT.

I wish this were a live booking situation rather than an off-line queue.

For one reservation, I did get conferenced in with CWT and we did it all live. For other attempts, I've had to wait for an email a day later, and call back. Worthwhile, but painful.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I think it would be helpful if posters would mention the names of hotels, in particular independent hotels, to help others see if someone has already tried to use the benefit there.
The hotel I booked (that I had trouble booking through Citi/CWT due to the miscommunication) was the Pacific Hotel in Cairns, Australia.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 9:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Just a data point, that the quality of the CWT agents vary. For Hyatt properties, AAA rates may not always show up to CWT system despite a AAA rate being offered. Some agent will book thru hyatt.com while other agents don't know about it.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:38 am

Does anyone know how the 4th night free works when a hotel is offering the 5th night free as well?

For example, this was the itinerary while I was booking:

Day 1: $500
Day 2: $500
Day 3: $500
Day 4: $500
Day 5: Free

Now when going through the Citi/CWT, will they just average out the prices of the nights, or could this give 2 free nights?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:46 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Does anyone know how the 4th night free works when a hotel is offering the 5th night free as well?

Now when going through the Citi/CWT, will they just average out the prices of the nights, or could this give 2 free nights?
You get credited day 4's fee.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa

just out of curiosity, which hotel is giving the 5th night free?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:54 pm
Original Member

Hyatt Aruba is one.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:15 am

I applied for the Citi Presteige yesterday. Unfortunately, I do not have the card or account number. Anybody have any luck booking travel (for this weekend), without the account number? Can the travel agent look up the account number, or do you have to provide it?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DBordello
Can the travel agent look up the account number, or do you have to provide it?
I hope that neither the (outsourced) concierge nor a Carlson Wagonlit agent would have access to your Citi account details.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:48 pm
Original Member

I applied for the Citi Presteige yesterday. Unfortunately, I do not have the card or account number. Anybody have any luck booking travel (for this weekend), without the account number? Can the travel agent look up the account number, or do you have to provide it?
Neither the concierge (outsourced to Ten Lifestyle Management) or CWT will have access to your Prestige account number.

Only items the concierge have is your name, email address, and ZIP code.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:23 pm

I've never been asked for my card number when calling the concierge - they can look you up by your other info. You just won't be able to actually book until you get your card. But you should be able to request a quote. And I got my card only a couple days after approval, so you might get your card in time to use it this weekend. Hope it works out for you!
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I hope that neither the (outsourced) concierge nor a Carlson Wagonlit agent would have access to your Citi account details.
What is the booking process like? Do you have to call Carlson Wagonlit and give them your account number?

I was able to get a quote. However, it is unlikely that I will have the card by the time I leave (Saturday).

So far I have not been impressed with Citi's customer service. They are not particularly friendly, and seem unable to drop a card in an overnight envelope.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:43 pm

What is the booking process like? Do you have to call Carlson Wagonlit and give them your account number?
Yes. Well, you call the concierge who conferences in CWT who then asks for your card number.

So you don't need your card number to interact with the concierge or CWT (e.g. you can request quotes and chitchat) but they do ask for it when you are actually making the reservation.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:49 pm

So far I have not been impressed with Citi's customer service. They are not particularly friendly, and seem unable to drop a card in an overnight envelope.
I dare say your experience may have been an exception rather than the norm, as I've had nothing but positive experiences with the Citi reps. With that said, the entire hotel quote and booking process lacks quite a bit to be desired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.