Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I was able to book the Grosvenor House in dubai at the same rate that SPG and get 4th night free and World Elite benefits, $100 in spa, Free breakfast, room upgrade, Late check out 4pm.

Also, after booking someone from Citi concierge called me asking to know if I needed any help in my trip to dubai. He was an expert in Dubai and he helped me schedule reservations for restaurants and tourist attractions. It was really nice.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In SPG, it seems that on my pre-paid reservation through Citi Prestige, the email address is someone at Mastercard. That's for an upcoming stay.

On my last SPG stay, I didn't automatically get my folio emailed to me at checkout. I had to ask for it a week later.

So this is making me think that this is the method Citi uses to issue credit. They get the folio emailed, look through it and check it, and then issue the credit. Receipt of the email may be the trigger for them.

Anyone else seen this?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:17 pm

I am sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but has anyone had success using the 4th night free benefit at non-major chain luxury properties? I'm especially interested in Aman, Singita, and Banyan Tree properties, but would love to hear about any other similar booking experiences as well. I did some searching the CW Vacations site and none of these hotels came up, but I realize that may not be dispositive.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:01 pm

Booked Amankora with 4th night free.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Booked Amankora with 4th night free.
Thanks, that's very helpful and good to know.

Any other data points?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by dr58

Any other data points?
If you can find it through the website of the travel agency that books for Citi, that should mean it's in their network and thus eligible for the benefit:

http://www.cwtvacations.com/
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by chrisremo
If you can find it through the website of the travel agency that books for Citi, that should mean it's in their network and thus eligible for the benefit:

http://www.cwtvacations.com/
Thanks. I have actually spent more time on that site than I'd like to admit, but the issue is that the search tool just doesn't allow you to search for remote properties very well. No matter how hard I tried, for example, I couldn't get it to show hotels in Bhutan despite the fact that, as the previous poster noted, bookings at Amankora are apparently eligible for the benefit. That's why I'm curious about others' anecdotal experiences trying to book these types of remote luxury properties.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 5:09 pm

Why don't you give them a call and tell them exactly what property you want to book?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium

Any other data points?
An agent told me that if the hotel's booking site allows them to put in an IATA number during booking, they can book it.

Looking quickly at the Banyan Tree site, there is a field for an IATA number, so it should work. But as the poster above me said, best bet is to just call and ask.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:04 am

I am sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but has anyone had success using the 4th night free benefit at non-major chain luxury properties? I'm especially interested in Aman, Singita, and Banyan Tree properties, but would love to hear about any other similar booking experiences as well. I did some searching the CW Vacations site and none of these hotels came up, but I realize that may not be dispositive.
You're wasting your time looking for data points here, just shoot them an email and ask them for a quote for the list of hotels you're interested in. You'll have all the answers you need faster than you'll get replies here regarding specific hotels.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by josephstern
In SPG, it seems that on my pre-paid reservation through Citi Prestige, the email address is someone at Mastercard. That's for an upcoming stay.

On my last SPG stay, I didn't automatically get my folio emailed to me at checkout. I had to ask for it a week later.

So this is making me think that this is the method Citi uses to issue credit. They get the folio emailed, look through it and check it, and then issue the credit. Receipt of the email may be the trigger for them.

Anyone else seen this?
This would explain some of the problems we've had getting credits to post.

It's a nice benefit but there are some kinks still to be worked out.

Best value to me is for venues that don't make their nicer rooms available on the OTAs that offer some kind of rebate/reward program. The places that force you to book direct if you want the suite or something.

At least now, all our past credits have posted and I'm thinking of using it again.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
can it be used to book all hyatt or spg or ihg?

i tried the cwtvactions on my ipad and it does not respond. there is no way for me to find out. i may dump my amex plat for this card (but i do miss the amex cent lounge...)
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pbd456
can it be used to book all hyatt or spg or ihg?

i tried the cwtvactions on my ipad and it does not respond. there is no way for me to find out. i may dump my amex plat for this card (but i do miss the amex cent lounge...)
That site is terrible and rudimentary.

Every Hyatt and SPG I've tried, though, has been in there.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:20 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
The CWT Vacations site does not include a lot of hotels. But Carlson should be able to book anything that is distributed via GDS. I would think all properties from all the major chains would be bookable.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by seawolf
The CWT Vacations site does not include a lot of hotels. But Carlson should be able to book anything that is distributed via GDS. I would think all properties from all the major chains would be bookable.
including wyndham rewards and choice hotels?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.