Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2015, 10:48 am

What has been the experience of anyone that calls for a reservation and specifies the exact hotel they want? I travel often for work and occasionally will stay in one place 4 night.

I always choose hyatt if possible and if not Marriott.

If i were to specify a specific hotel is the response time still 24-48 hours?

Seems to me it should make it quite simple.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: AA PLT
You can specify the hotel you want, down to the room type. I don't think the delays are an issue of the request being too "complicated", I think it's an issue of having enough available manpower to even process the requests; if there are people who submitted their request before yours, yours doesn't jump to the front just because it's easier.

Rates are quoted in the hotel's local currency, with an indication in USD based on current exchange rates. (They're very persistent in pointing this out, as every quote is followed by "Exchange rate is based on today’s rate of exchange.")

Make sure your requests are as detailed as possible: if you leave off information like how many adults/kids are in each room, they will reply asking for more information, and bounce it to the end of the queue, meaning it can take another 24-48hrs.
Old May 7, 2015, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dw
As for international hotels, my experience is that CWT quotes in the same currency the hotel would (meaning usually in the local currency, except for those places where it is typical for hotels to quote rates in a foreign currency such as USD).
and hotel bills guest directly. when bill happens can vary.
(some hotels quote USD, but then bill in other currency.)
Old May 7, 2015, 1:37 pm

Thanks for the help, all!

I finally received my quote this afternoon, and called back to book, and after it rang many times, someone finally answered, and I was told, "Everyone's busy right now, can someone call you back?" It's been 2 hours now and I haven't received a return call.

I also tried to email back to book, but haven't heard back on that, either.
Old May 7, 2015, 2:37 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Citi needs to get more personnel on this, as does CWT.
Old May 8, 2015, 7:08 pm

I had another good experience today, but it took some prodding. Called on Monday to ask about two different hotel stays. Concierge took my info and said I should have something within 48 hours. I got the proposal on Weds and called back tonight.

There was a room I wanted that wasn't showing on the CWT system, so the agent had to call the hotel and conference them in for me to give my address and cc info. She quoted me a higher price, and I had to remind her I wanted a specific rate that gave 20% off. That was finally squared away.

Second one went quicker. For whatever reason it wasn't showing on the CWT site but I was able to book it.

I've now more than tripled the annual fee in savings using this benefit, in less than three weeks having the card. Today's call was time consuming, but Citi concierge and the CWT agent were incredibly helpful.
Old May 8, 2015, 9:16 pm

Klepton - was your 20% off rate a publicly available rate, or what?

I finally got them to look at AAA rates, but they are still way higher than the conference rate, so it's not useful for me, even with the free fourth night. (Well for one trip, I'll save a little by going with them reserving the AAA rate, but not for others.)
Old May 9, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Well, the 4th night free started out poorly with me. I wanted to reserve 4 nights at the Gran Melia Seville in August. Price on hotel website and CWT website is $160 a night with breakfast. I called the Prestige concierge and they came back with the below:

Our Proposal
833.09 - 208.27 (4th night credit) = 624.82 USD

Plus Citi Prestige Benefit:
Room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, Complimentary Breakfast for Two Daily, Special World Elite Amenity includes: Bottle of sparkling wine and fruit plate

Your Proposal
625.94 USD with breakfast.

I told them if they could match the CWT (Citi Prestige designated travel advisor) rate and they said no. But that they were offering me Citi Prestige benefits (none which I need, aside from breakfast, or will use).

I was hoping they would match the CWT rate AND also credit the 4 night. It's very frustrating that they won't offer a competitive rate or match CWT. I;m considering just booking directly with the hotel.

I won't cancel the card because the Airline credit, GOES renewal credit and Admirals have been great, but the Concierge service has been disappointing. Sorry for the rant!
Old May 9, 2015, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by esmalley007
Well, the 4th night free started out poorly with me. I wanted to reserve 4 nights at the Gran Melia Seville in August. Price on hotel website and CWT website is $160 a night with breakfast. I called the Prestige concierge and they came back with the below:

Our Proposal
833.09 - 208.27 (4th night credit) = 624.82 USD

Plus Citi Prestige Benefit:
Room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, Complimentary Breakfast for Two Daily, Special World Elite Amenity includes: Bottle of sparkling wine and fruit plate

Your Proposal
625.94 USD with breakfast.

I told them if they could match the CWT (Citi Prestige designated travel advisor) rate and they said no. But that they were offering me Citi Prestige benefits (none which I need, aside from breakfast, or will use).

I was hoping they would match the CWT rate AND also credit the 4 night. It's very frustrating that they won't offer a competitive rate or match CWT. I;m considering just booking directly with the hotel.

I won't cancel the card because the Airline credit, GOES renewal credit and Admirals have been great, but the Concierge service has been disappointing. Sorry for the rant!
What is the actual rate of the 4th night? Most people make the mistake of simply thinking the 4th night free is "25% off" a four night stay, which it isn't. Even so, $160 is more expensive than 25% off of $208.27 (would be $156.21 assuming that math), so you'd save $15 by booking with Prestige. In your quote from Prestige concierge, you should have received the actual 4th night rate. I've had this save me well over 35-40% on some stays, as the 4th night has been the most expensive night.

Also, does your $160/night rate include tax? Are both rates the same prepaid (or not) rate?

I've never really had issues getting them to be within $10 of the best rate I can find elsewhere.
Old May 9, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by ffflllyyyeeerrr
What is the actual rate of the 4th night? Most people make the mistake of simply thinking the 4th night free is "25% off" a four night stay, which it isn't. Even so, $160 is more expensive than 25% off of $208.27 (would be $156.21 assuming that math), so you'd save $15 by booking with Prestige. In your quote from Prestige concierge, you should have received the actual 4th night rate. I've had this save me well over 35-40% on some stays, as the 4th night has been the most expensive night.

Also, does your $160/night rate include tax? Are both rates the same prepaid (or not) rate?

I've never really had issues getting them to be within $10 of the best rate I can find elsewhere.
On CWT website the rate is 157.34 each of the 4 nights tax included. On the hotel website its 160.99 with taxes. Both prepaid, both with breakfast. Citi Prestige Concierge 208. I was hoping to pay $472 (629-157) not 833.09 - 208.27 (4th night credit) = 624.82 USD

Its unfortunate because I rarely stay at a hotel more than 3 nights and was hoping to use this benefit.
Old May 9, 2015, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by happytraveling
Klepton - was your 20% off rate a publicly available rate, or what?
Yes, it was a "Save 20% and free daily breakfast" rate available publicly on the resort's website. It was also listed on the CWT website, but mysteriously not at the 20% amount. It was all worked out over the phone though.
Old May 9, 2015, 8:47 pm

Interesting, thanks Klepton, I'm glad it worked out for you!

Maybe I'll do better when I am not travelling to a conference.
Old May 10, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
4th night free is great even on a 3 night hotel stay. Guarantees you late checkout. haha. Provided you get a competitive price.
Old May 10, 2015, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsucool76
4th night free is great even on a 3 night hotel stay. Guarantees you late checkout.
or early checkin
Old May 10, 2015, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by jsucool76
4th night free is great even on a 3 night hotel stay. Guarantees you late checkout. haha. Provided you get a competitive price.
This is exactly what I was thinking for next ski season, as I hate living out of the car on the last day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.