Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Anyone with Hyatt or SPG status using this? How do you attach your member number to the reservation? And are you receiving points / stay credits? What about using upgrades on these? Anyone applied a Hyatt DSU to a reservation booked through this? Or SPG plat upgrade?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
Anyone with Hyatt or SPG status using this? How do you attach your member number to the reservation? And are you receiving points / stay credits? What about using upgrades on these? Anyone applied a Hyatt DSU to a reservation booked through this? Or SPG plat upgrade?
you earn points on the full points on the full value of the hotel, spg has no idea that you got your last night refunded to you. no issues w/ upgrades either, its book as a normal reservation.
Old May 1, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Im thinking about this card for a few stays: Shangri La Sydney, Southern Ocean Lodge and Lizard Island. AUD $550, 1800 and 2000 a night respectively.

I really would like to know it will work before wasting my time with a card app/credit hit.

Nobody can tell me until after I become a cardmember...

Thoughts?
Old May 1, 2015, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Im thinking about this card for a few stays: Shangri La Sydney, Southern Ocean Lodge and Lizard Island. AUD $550, 1800 and 2000 a night respectively.

I really would like to know it will work before wasting my time with a card app/credit hit.

Thoughts?
Which part are you concerned won't work? The reps i spoke with said that pretty much all hotels qualify as long as they will work with travel agents (i guess some smaller ones don't?).

In my experience, however, I asked for a quote including 5 different hotels in in Greece this summer. Two of them did not offer the 4th night free. One that didn't qualify was actually one of the cheaper ones, though.

If you want to know exactly which will work, you might have a friend that does have the card request quotes so you can see.
Old May 2, 2015, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by rihc55
Which part are you concerned won't work? The reps i spoke with said that pretty much all hotels qualify as long as they will work with travel agents (i guess some smaller ones don't?).

In my experience, however, I asked for a quote including 5 different hotels in in Greece this summer. Two of them did not offer the 4th night free. One that didn't qualify was actually one of the cheaper ones, though.

If you want to know exactly which will work, you might have a friend that does have the card request quotes so you can see.
I guess the part that concerns me is precisely what you outline- 2 of 5 wont work.

The problem is we have no idea WHY. "as long as they work with travel agents"
What does that even mean? Does CWT have to call them and negotiate???

Simply put at $2000 a night I can see them 'not qualifying' without explanation.
Old May 2, 2015, 4:44 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It appears that Lizard Island can be booked through Expedia, which suggests that their rates are commisionable.
Old May 2, 2015, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
When making my reservation I asked if my HHonors number could be attached to the reservation. The agent say yes, so I gave that to her and it was properly attached (show's up in my HHonors account). I would imagine it'd be the same for SPG or Hyatt.
Old May 2, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: AA PLT
The problem is we have no idea WHY. "as long as they work with travel agents"
What does that even mean? Does CWT have to call them and negotiate???
That means that the hotel has to offer a commission to travel agents in order to be included in the program. In many cases, hotels load their rooms that are commissionable into a GDS for agents to access directly, but in the case of some smaller hotels that don't, CWT may be able to call the hotel and receive a commission for booking over the phone.

For example, the Shangri-La Sydney and Lizard Island have inventory loaded into the GDS, so I would reasonably assume those would be available under the program. The Southern Ocean Lodge is loaded but doesn't list any rooms available, so I wouldn't count on that one being eligible.

Simply put at $2000 a night I can see them 'not qualifying' without explanation.
I've quoted rooms at $800+ night that were included in the program.

Last edited by linglingfool; May 2, 2015 at 10:46 am
Old May 2, 2015, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by mia
It appears that Lizard Island can be booked through Expedia, which suggests that their rates are commisionable.
Yes, my travel agent can book them and they do pay commissions...so that does give some hope.

The term "work with a travel agent" isnt the same as "as long as they pay travel agent commisions" or even "as long as the are on one of the main GDS systems such as Sabre, Galileo, Amadeus, and Worldspan".

If there was a criteria, I could verify the criteria and move forward.

Thanks for the help- I do recognize this is a catch 22 and you guys wont have a solution.

I also wonder how that can keep this benefit....is it sustainable? Will it be there when I stay?!? Another impossible question.
Old May 2, 2015, 10:49 am

I also wonder how that can keep this benefit....is it sustainable? Will it be there when I stay?!? Another impossible question.
Is it sustainable? Who knows. Will it be there when you stay? As long as your stay is before the end of this year, yes.
Old May 3, 2015, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Is it sustainable? Who knows. Will it be there when you stay? As long as your stay is before the end of this year, yes.
March 2016.....
Old May 3, 2015, 10:46 am

March 2016.....
AFAIK, the benefit hasn't been renewed past the end of the year yet.
Old May 3, 2015, 5:32 pm

Thoughts?
Give me some dates and I can request a quote exactly as you would once you are a cardmember. Feel free to PM if you don't want to disclose publicly.
Old May 3, 2015, 7:30 pm

I've read the entire thread, but can't find what I'm looking for. My guess is no, but can I book a room for someone else and get the 4th night free? I have a family member who travels a lot, but would never go through all of this. I could book the room for them and have them write me a check for 90% of online price and bag the points and a slight profit. Could always add them as authorized user.
Old May 3, 2015, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by ckgunn01
I've read the entire thread, but can't find what I'm looking for. My guess is no, but can I book a room for someone else and get the 4th night free? I have a family member who travels a lot, but would never go through all of this. I could book the room for them and have them write me a check for 90% of online price and bag the points and a slight profit. Could always add them as authorized user.
When I booked my 4 nights, the Citi concierge rep told me that I must pay with my Citi Prestige card in order to get the 4th night free.

They took my deposit for the 4 nights and that I must pay for the rest of the stay at the hotel when checking out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.