Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by esha1
is it possible to book 3 nights we hotel program points and get 4th night free from Citi?
sorry if I missed in discussion
No.
Old May 5, 2015, 2:07 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
is it possible to book 3 nights we hotel program points and get 4th night free from Citi?
no
Old May 5, 2015, 4:31 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Kiwi
I've been trying to take advantage of this for some upcoming trips. For two hotels I tried in Greece they weren't able to offer the 4th night free, even though they are available for booking online through other sites. For one in Tucson, AZ they prepared a proposal that was reasonable and included 4th night free, but then when I tried to book it I got an agent at CWT who apparently didn't have a clue how to work their system. She first insisted that the room I wanted was no longer available (it was, both on the CWTVacations system and on other sites, including the hotel's own booking system) then had me on hold for 15 minutes while she tried to contact the property - but when she came back on the line it seemed she hadn't even talked to the right hotel.

So I think it's a decent benefit, but only if you have a lot of time to spend on making the reservations. You can get reservation information by email if you're lucky, but they insist on doing the actual reservation by phone conference and if you get the wrong person at CWT it can be a very frustrating experience.
I've been frustrated by the service at CWT as well as the Prestige concierge themselves. Yesterday I had to call Citi, leave the information about which hotels I wanted to look into -- which the concierge WROTE DOWN (?) to pass along to the actual travel agent...? Now I await a reply, almost 24 hours later? Who works like this? What if I have a question or want to slightly amend what I was looking for? I wait another 24 hours for this game of telephone to get back to me?

Hoping this is the result of Citi experiencing a much higher volume of hotel rezzies than anticipated and is temporary while they hire more people at CWT...
Old May 5, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
I'll call it, this is going to be the next major credit card benefit to go the way of the Club Carlson Visa. Not like the Prestige hasn't watered down its benefits (albeit with sufficient notice) before.

Some of the "possibilities" folks are inquiring about on this thread are just appalling and reminiscent of that fairy tale in which the goose laid golden eggs.

We all know what happened next...

Originally Posted by TTT103
I worry that this benefit may be modified down the road, as I'm sure like anything else, people will abuse it.
Old May 5, 2015, 6:23 pm

In a way, this is what the benefit is designed for. However, you have to book at least four nights and then you get a credit for the 4th night free back. So on a 4-night booking, you don't pay for the 4th night. It's effectively the same thing.
Old May 5, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by IBobi
I've been frustrated by the service at CWT as well as the Prestige concierge themselves. Yesterday I had to call Citi, leave the information about which hotels I wanted to look into -- which the concierge WROTE DOWN (?) to pass along to the actual travel agent...? Now I await a reply, almost 24 hours later? Who works like this? What if I have a question or want to slightly amend what I was looking for? I wait another 24 hours for this game of telephone to get back to me?

Hoping this is the result of Citi experiencing a much higher volume of hotel rezzies than anticipated and is temporary while they hire more people at CWT...
I find that emailing the concierge is the best bet for hotel requests. No opportunities for transcription errors, and you can always reply with more details if needed. I've always had a written quote within 12 hours.
Old May 6, 2015, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

progapanda, some on flyertalk stay primarily in very expensive "hotels"
kind of like others on flyertalk only flying paid business/first class
Old May 6, 2015, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
progapanda, some on flyertalk stay primarily in very expensive "hotels"
kind of like others on flyertalk only flying paid business/first class
Some on Flyertalk will also request quotes on a dozen hotels and not book any of them.
Old May 6, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTT103
Some on Flyertalk will also request quotes on a dozen hotels and not book any of them.
now that part i totally agree with. for good properties, stay immediately. get in while you can. dont give them time to think about it. the best possibilities wont last.
Old May 6, 2015, 8:38 pm

I'm finding this terribly difficult to use this benefit. The concierge has difficulty getting the correct information to the travel agency, there is a big delay in response time, and the room rates are high. It seems that they cannot book a AAA or conference rate.
Old May 7, 2015, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by happytraveling
I'm finding this terribly difficult to use this benefit. The concierge has difficulty getting the correct information to the travel agency, there is a big delay in response time, and the room rates are high. It seems that they cannot book a AAA or conference rate.
It might be best to email your information to them, as there will be less chance of error. In terms of the rates, if you are trying to stay using a conference rate or similarly pre-negotiated rate, I don't believe it can be booked using the free night promotion. I don't think one can book these types of rates through Orbitz or Expedia, either, so I can't fault CWT for not being able to do so.

I did have a special rate code for a property I will be staying at next month, and CWT couldn't book it, as the discounted rate was only available by booking on-line directly with the property. I ended up going with the CWT anyway, as my six night stay was less with the free night versus using the discount through the property directly.
Old May 7, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AAA rate can be commissionable, supposedly, but i guess not often enough for many 3rd parties to use it
Old May 7, 2015, 10:03 am

Delays?

Is anyone else experiencing long delays before receiving a quote? This is the first time I'm using this benefit. I called on 5/5/15 @ 11am, gave my info, and was told I'd receive a quote within 24 hours. I didn't receive anything (I've even been checking my junk mail box), so I called back about 5pm yesterday (5/6/15). They said they saw my request but were experiencing "unusually high call volume" and it would be "a few more hours or by noon tomorrow." I still haven't heard anything, and it's been 48 hours. I'd really like to get this hotel booked - I'm afraid the rate I'm looking at will disappear.

I also have another question. When booking international hotels through CWT, are the charges typically in USD or local currency?

Thanks!
Old May 7, 2015, 10:15 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by kaprin02
Is anyone else experiencing long delays before receiving a quote?
Unfortunately, even before the recent influx of cardholders due to the 50,000 sign up bonus, a 24 hour turnaround time was expected, and 48 hours was not out of the ordinary. With the increased number of new cardholders, I would not be surprised for 48-72 hours to become the norm for the time being.

As for international hotels, my experience is that CWT quotes in the same currency the hotel would (meaning usually in the local currency, except for those places where it is typical for hotels to quote rates in a foreign currency such as USD).
Old May 7, 2015, 10:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Is CWT faster returning quotes for the international chain hotels such as Hilton, IHG, Marriott, Starwood than for independent properties?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.