Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This benefit ends 6.20.2017.

Discuss HERE.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
I was surprised to learn that one can use AA club within 12 hours of arrival according to AA website

Citi Prestige card holders must present a standby ticket or boarding pass (other than a non-revenue ticket or boarding pass for airline employee travel), showing an American, American Eagle carrier flight number departing within 12 hours. (If visiting at an arrival airport, flight can be no more than 12 hours prior to the visit,)
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:05 am

Programs: status free since 2017
I wonder if they would let people in on who are trying to use 24hr layover on intl flights.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
I wonder if they would let people in on who are trying to use 24hr layover on intl flights.
Isn't that pushing it. If you were staying 24 hours, wouldn't you go somewhere for the day anyway?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by eajusa
Isn't that pushing it. If you were staying 24 hours, wouldn't you go somewhere for the day anyway?
Agreed. Just saying... that's all.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:28 pm

If my wife is an AU on my Prestige and is traveling on an AA award international using AA metal and CX on the long haul. ex ATL>ORD>HKG>MNL. will she be allowed in the Admirals club, also traveling with 2 children will they. I believe the answer is yes because she would have been on AA metal between ATL and ORD. she has a fairly long layover there and I would like for them to be able to wait in the club.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:13 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by aviator8
If my wife is an AU on my Prestige and is traveling on an AA award international using AA metal and CX on the long haul. ex ATL>ORD>HKG>MNL. will she be allowed in the Admirals club
Although some have reported, from time to time, that their AUs were admitted, those were likely due to the agents at the clubs not knowing how to properly process the Prestige cards. AUs are not granted Admirals Club access.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by aviator8
If my wife is an AU on my Prestige and is traveling on an AA award international using AA metal and CX on the long haul. ex ATL>ORD>HKG>MNL. will she be allowed in the Admirals club, also traveling with 2 children will they. I believe the answer is yes because she would have been on AA metal between ATL and ORD. she has a fairly long layover there and I would like for them to be able to wait in the club.
If the card doesn't have 'AC access' printed on the bottom right of the back of the card like this (yep, stole this image from OMAAT) they aren't supposed to let you in:

AU cards do not have that printed on them.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:45 am

Does Citi Prestige allow access to Admiral's Club at the arriving airport as well?

We're flying on AA 100 Economy to LHR, and are wondering if we can use the Prestige to access the Admiral's Club in Terminal 3 upon arrival so we can shower. We would have boarding passes from the previous night, so I'm assuming it doesn't work, but not sure.

If not, we'll just use AA passes.

Ignore this, post was transferred here and it's answered above.

Last edited by waygora; Apr 23, 2015 at 10:50 am
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by waygora
... if we can use the Prestige to access the Admiral's Club in Terminal 3 upon arrival
Prestige does allow access to the Admirals Club following a flight, but you will not be able to access the Heathrow club due to airport security restrictions. There is a separate facility for arriving passengers, but it is not an Admirals Club, and you will not have access to it.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:52 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Does Citi Prestige allow access to Admiral's Club at the arriving airport as well?

We're flying on AA 100 Economy to LHR, and are wondering if we can use the Prestige to access the Admiral's Club in Terminal 3 upon arrival so we can shower. We would have boarding passes from the previous night, so I'm assuming it doesn't work, but not sure.
Are you transiting at LHR or is it your final destination? If the latter, I'm not sure how it works at T3 at LHR, but at many airports terminating passengers are not able to get back into the secure area.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:14 am
mia

Originally Posted by dw
... I'm not sure how it works at T3 at LHR, but at many airports terminating passengers are not able to get back into the secure area.
This cannot be done at Heathrow.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Are you transiting at LHR or is it your final destination? If the latter, I'm not sure how it works at T3 at LHR, but at many airports terminating passengers are not able to get back into the secure area.
Kind of both. But the next ticket is an Avios ticket on a different reservation the next day, so I suppose in this case it's final destination.

So assuming LHR is our final destination (at least for that day), we would not be able to access the AA Lounge? Does that also include the NO.1 HEATHROW Priority Pass Lounge?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Prestige does allow access to the Admirals Club following a flight, but you will not be able to access the Heathrow club due to airport security restrictions. There is a separate facility for arriving passengers, but it is not an Admirals Club, and you will not have access to it.
What is the separate facility called?

EDIT- do you mean this one?

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...arrivalslounge

So it's a AA lounge but only for First/Business passengers?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:59 pm
mia

What is the separate facility called?
Arrivals Lounge

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...arrivalslounge

ADMIRALS CLUB® ACCESS PRIVILEGES FOR CITI PRESTIGE:
Only primary Citi Prestige® World EliteTM MasterCard® cardmembers who are 18 years of age or older and are traveling on American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc. or an American Connection carrier flight number may receive access privileges to the American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Authorized users of the Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard credit card are not entitled to Admirals Club access privileges. This benefit does not provide access privileges to US Airways clubs®, Arrivals Lounge, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, or other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges, including lounges operated by oneworld Alliance.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:14 pm

My AU tried in PHL this week and didn't get entry. Wasn't expecting to, but worth a shot. I doubt we'll keep that second card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.