Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This benefit ends 6.20.2017.

Discuss HERE.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:34 am

Yeah, it's certainly not a slam dunk to be able to get in on a codeshare. But if I have any US flights I'm definitely going to try to ticket them as AA and bring documentation to that effect.

Another technicality: it doesn't say whose boarding pass it has to be. So if I'm traveling solo on another airline leaving from the vicinity of an AA club, I might swing by an AA gate and find some AA passenger who wants to join me in the lounge in exchange for showing his/her board pass. Of course that's a VERY literal reading of the rules and probably not the intent (and the AAngels' computers may not grant me automatic access if I hand them my card and some random dude's board pass). So I'd be polite about it and prepared to accept defeat. But still. Fun with loopholes!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:40 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by themicah
Another technicality: it doesn't say whose boarding pass it has to be.
It does say it applies to the primary cardholder who is traveling on an AA flight number.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
But if I have any US flights I'm definitely going to try to ticket them as AA and bring documentation to that effect.!
The problems with this is that I find AA often charge several hundred dollars more for a US code-share flight :/ Hopefully the prices will normalize as the merger proceeds.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by dw
It does say it applies to the primary cardholder who is traveling on an AA flight number.
It says the primary cardholder has to present "his or her" Prestige card, "his or her" ID, and "a" boarding pass (not "his or her" boarding pass).
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:38 pm
dw

It says the primary cardholder has to present "his or her" Prestige card, "his or her" ID, and "a" boarding pass (not "his or her" boarding pass).
You can't ignore the other part of the T&C that states:

"Benefit applies to Citi Prestige® primary cardmembers who are 18 years of age or older and are traveling on American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc. or an American Connection carrier flight number only."
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by dw
You can't ignore the other part of the T&C that states:

"Benefit applies to Citi Prestige® primary cardmembers who are 18 years of age or older and are traveling on American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc. or an American Connection carrier flight number only."
Ah, good catch. I missed that.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:40 pm

I have had the card a couple of months and have entered clubs 13 times (DFW, BOS, PHL, DCA) and have never been asked for a boarding pass. I have been asked for ID once.

On this last trip, I did try to enter with my BP (which was AA) just to see if my access was linked to my AAdvantage number, but that did not work.

So my experience is showing the card is enough. The bigger issue is having the agents figure out where the dumb mag stripe is on the card.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:58 am

I have flown US and used the card to access Admirals clubs multiple times. They usually don't even ask to see a boarding pass, and since all the US Clubs have been rebranded as Admirals Clubs, they are ok with it if you show a US BP in my experience.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Efield7
I have flown US and used the card to access Admirals clubs multiple times. They usually don't even ask to see a boarding pass, and since all the US Clubs have been rebranded as Admirals Clubs, they are ok with it if you show a US BP in my experience.
Glad to hear this. I occasionally fly to PHL on US, as AA does not fly from my closest airport.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:48 am

Programs: AA DL
I used Prestige card to enter AC 2 times this weekend at LAX. Both times they didn't even ask for boarding pass. All they did was swipe my Prestige card.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by Jcrew
I used Prestige card to enter AC 2 times this weekend at LAX. Both times they didn't even ask for boarding pass. All they did was swipe my Prestige card.
Cool,
anybody test this with AU card?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
These last few posts are really helpful to me since I'm thinking of switching out my Citi Exec card for the Prestige and I do have a couple of US itineraries coming up. The whole US vs. AA thing should be gone in the next year or so, but in the meantime all the little glitches are really annoying.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:04 am
dw

Originally Posted by Jcrew
That's interesting. I'd become used to handing over my boarding pass b/c that's what I always did with my Amex Plat... and I am positive that each time I've used the ACs, they've not only swiped my card, but also scanned my BP. I'll try just the card this week.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
These last few posts are really helpful to me since I'm thinking of switching out my Citi Exec card for the Prestige and I do have a couple of US itineraries coming up.
This is why I switched. Citi Prestige should get the job done for AC, and you get priority pass. Better lounge access for most.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
i am AU and did it without a problem at AA in miami

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.