Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This benefit ends 6.20.2017.

Discuss HERE.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:48 am

Anyone have any experience with an in-branch application for this card? Total shakedown or pretty straightforward?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
American Airlines lounge access on Citi Prestige

I am flying AA but booked the ticket through Alaska. Would I still get lounge access on my Citi Prestige card? The boarding pass has AA's logo on it but the fine print says booked through AS.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:37 pm

I believe Alaska boardrooms are covered under Priority Pass, which is free with your Prestige card (although requires a separate physical card).
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Very true, but there is no Alaska boardroom at the terminal I am flying from. So, stuck with Admirals Club.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:30 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If your boarding pass shows an AA flight number you should be OK:

https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/p...CTermsBenefits

ADMIRALS CLUB ACCESS PRIVILEGES FOR CITI PRESTIGE:
Only primary Citi Prestige World EliteTM MasterCard cardmembers who are 18 years of age or older and are traveling on American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc. or an American Connection carrier flight number may receive access privileges to the American Airlines Admirals Club lounges. Authorized users of the Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard credit card are not entitled to Admirals Club access privileges. This benefit does not provide access privileges to US Airways clubs, Arrivals Lounge, or Flagship Lounge facilities, or other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges, including lounges operated by oneworld Alliance. To access the Admirals Club lounge, the primary cardmember must present (i) his or her open and valid Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard, (ii) his or her current government-issued I.D., (iii) a boarding pass or stand-by ticket, showing an American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or an American Connection carrier flight number, valid for travel on such flight and departing within 12 hours of the Admirals Club visit (or, in the case of a visit at an arrival airport, with respect to such a flight that arrived no more than 12 hours prior to the visit) and (iv) any additional required documentation. The primary cardmember may bring as guest(s) either immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) or up to two traveling guests. All guests must remain with the cardmember during the club visit. All persons must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcohol. Cardmembers and guests must adhere to all house rules of participating clubs. Should the Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard account be closed for any reason, all Admirals Club benefits will be immediately cancelled, including access to all branded Admirals Club lounges. To locate a lounge please visit aa.com/admiralsclub. The rules and procedures applicable to American Airlines Admirals Clubs and the Citi Prestige Card Terms and Conditions at citi.com/citiprestige will apply. Program benefit terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by mia
If your boarding pass shows an AA flight number you should be OK:

https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/p...CTermsBenefits
Yep. Took the risk yesterday and I was OK.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
any authorized users ever try this card with aa lounge and got access?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
any authorized users ever try this card with aa lounge and got access?
I don't think it will work. With the new design, the primary card has "AAdmiral's Club lounge access" printed on the back while AU cards do not.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 11:28 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ffflllyyyeeerrr
I don't think it will work. With the new design, the primary card has "AAdmiral's Club lounge access" printed on the back while AU cards do not.
Also, the card is swiped. I can only imagine that Citi must have a way of identifying which cards are AU cards, even though the account numbers are the same?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Platinum
With the AA/US merger, I think it's safe to assume that eventually, Citi Prestige cardholders will also have access to US Airways Clubs?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:58 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Originally Posted by AirD0c
....eventually, Citi Prestige cardholders will also have access to US Airways Clubs?
DONE. All US Airways clubs have been converted to Admirals Clubs. The catch is that Prestige does not provide access if you are travelling on a US Airways boarding pass.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Platinum
Oh, because the T&C say, "This benefit does not provide access privileges to US Airways clubs®, Arrivals Lounge, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, ..."

I guess that should be updated if US Airways Clubs no longer exist
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Sure, but the catch that Mia points out -- no access if travelling on a US boarding pass -- is still more than a bit of a nasty surprise for anyone not forewarned.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:36 am

What if you write the AA codeshare flight number on your US boarding pass?

It just says the boarding pass has to show an AA flight number, not be valid for travel on AA metal.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:47 am
mia

My reading of the terms is that if you have an AA boarding pass you will be admitted. If you were flying on an AA codeshare operated by US (or any another partner) I believe the boarding pass would be issued by that partner, and you would need to present some evidence that you were in fact ticketed on the AA codeshare. I don't recall if the partner boarding pass would display this information. If not, I don't think handwriting a number would mean anything because it's not enough that the codeshare exists, you must be ticketed on it. A copy of your eticket receipt should work, but I have no relevant experience.

ADMIRALS CLUB ACCESS PRIVILEGES FOR CITI PRESTIGE:
Only primary Citi Prestige World EliteTM MasterCard cardmembers who are 18 years of age or older and are traveling on American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc. or an American Connection carrier flight number may receive access privileges to the American Airlines Admirals Club lounges. Authorized users of the Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard credit card are not entitled to Admirals Club access privileges. This benefit does not provide access privileges to US Airways clubs, Arrivals Lounge, or Flagship Lounge facilities, or other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges, including lounges operated by oneworld Alliance. To access the Admirals Club lounge, the primary cardmember must present (i) his or her open and valid Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard, (ii) his or her current government-issued I.D., (iii) a boarding pass or stand-by ticket, showing an American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or an American Connection carrier flight number, valid for travel on such flight and departing within 12 hours of the Admirals Club visit (or, in the case of a visit at an arrival airport, with respect to such a flight that arrived no more than 12 hours prior to the visit) and (iv) any additional required documentation. The primary cardmember may bring as guest(s) either immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) or up to two traveling guests. All guests must remain with the cardmember during the club visit. All persons must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcohol. Cardmembers and guests must adhere to all house rules of participating clubs. Should the Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard account be closed for any reason, all Admirals Club benefits will be immediately cancelled, including access to all branded Admirals Club lounges. To locate a lounge please visit aa.com/admiralsclub. The rules and procedures applicable to American Airlines Admirals Clubs and the Citi Prestige Card Terms and Conditions at citi.com/citiprestige will apply. Program benefit terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.