Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This benefit ends 6.20.2017.

Discuss HERE.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 10:05 pm

I had no issues with access in Honolulu at the Sakura lounge, I wasn't sure about that one. Loved the ramen noodles.

Also, the LAX lounge is the first one to ask me for a boarding pass.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:53 pm

I'm traveling with my wife, her parents and her sister. At LAX would we be able to get in to the AC? I haven't gotten my priority passes yet. The fine print says card holder, spouse and children is immediate family
Old May 28, 2015, 8:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by faboo
At LAX would we be able to get in to the AC? I haven't gotten my priority passes...
Admirals Club access has nothing to do with Priority Pass. You show the attendant your Prestige card. The card permits you to bring your immediate family (your wife) -or- two guests. The attendant might require some members of your party to purchase day passes.
Old May 28, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by faboo
I'm traveling with my wife, her parents and her sister. At LAX would we be able to get in to the AC? I haven't gotten my priority passes yet. The fine print says card holder, spouse and children is immediate family
The AC in LAX is pretty lax with me with my traveling companions generally. My guess is that you'll be fine, although technically, the answer should be no.
Old May 28, 2015, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Admirals Club access has nothing to do with Priority Pass. You show the attendant your Prestige card. The card permits you to bring your immediate family (your wife) -or- two guests. The attendant might require some members of your party to purchase day passes.
I only mentioned PP because I would just go to a different lounge if we couldn't get into the AC, but since I haven't received those passes yet, I can't

Originally Posted by josephstern
The AC in LAX is pretty lax with me with my traveling companions generally. My guess is that you'll be fine, although technically, the answer should be no.
Thanks for the reply, I was looking for some first hand experience with the employees there. I'll try it out.

Last edited by mia; May 28, 2015 at 2:52 pm Reason: Consolidate consecutive replies
Old May 29, 2015, 8:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Citi Prestige : Admiral's Club access benefit

The AC at PHL (TA West) was having issues swiping Citi Prestiges today apparently. My card must have been swiped ten times in every orientation possible. I was told I was this was the 3rd card today they were having issues with and that it was a "systemwide" problem.

I was granted access nonetheless. Of note, they never asked for a BP.

Edit: in subsequent ACs (ORD), PHL terminal F, I was asked to provide boarding passes.

Last edited by AirD0c; Jun 10, 2015 at 5:19 am
Old Jun 9, 2015, 6:15 pm

So I got into the LAX AC, with in laws. Didn't need to show boarding pass. That place is huge.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: Stanby life since 2007
Originally Posted by voodoogirl
I had no issues with access in Honolulu at the Sakura lounge, I wasn't sure about that one. Loved the ramen noodles.

Also, the LAX lounge is the first one to ask me for a boarding pass.
I'm going to be using the HNL lounge but flying China Air, did the Sakura lounge ask for your boarding pass?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP; Hilton Gold (Citi Card); Priority Pass (Citi Prestige); Nexus/Global Entry/TSA Pre
Tried to get into the AC at STL today with my Prestige card. No dice.

They asked me what airline I was flying (AS) and would not let me in with the card because I wasn't flying on AA.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Earendel
Tried to get into the AC at STL today with my Prestige card. No dice.

They asked me what airline I was flying (AS) and would not let me in with the card because I wasn't flying on AA.
In other words they followed the terms and conditions for the lounge benefit as spelled out by Citi.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by san88
I'm going to be using the HNL lounge but flying China Air, did the Sakura lounge ask for your boarding pass?
They did not. Always a chance, but might as well give it a shot.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: AS MVP; Hilton Gold (Citi Card); Priority Pass (Citi Prestige); Nexus/Global Entry/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by eajusa
In other words they followed the terms and conditions for the lounge benefit as spelled out by Citi.
Agreed. Not complaining, just reporting. Figured it was worth a shot, because there are no PP lounges in STL and some reports indicate that BPs are not always checked.

Next week I'm traveling through PHL on US Air and will complain if I am not allowed in to the AC there.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Earendel
Agreed. Not complaining, just reporting. Figured it was worth a shot, because there are no PP lounges in STL and some reports indicate that BPs are not always checked.

Next week I'm traveling through PHL on US Air and will complain if I am not allowed in to the AC there.
Flew PHL on US and was let in with Prestige Card. You should be ok.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by eajusa
Flew PHL on US and was let in with Prestige Card. You should be ok.
You can use a US or AA boarding pass to get into any admiral's club. I used US BP to get into the AC at DCA. I was also told by citi customer service a while back (when I had asked about this right when the merger "finished," that if they for some reason don't let you in with a US air boarding pass (to an admiral's club), call citi immediately and they will get you in.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
I passed by the Boston Admirals Club -- the ex-US club near B4 -- this past weekend, and had no problems getting in with my Prestige card and a driver's license. No boarding pass was required. Also, no problems swiping the card since, after all, they do it all day long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.