Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This benefit ends 6.20.2017.

Discuss HERE.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by anks329
Completely agree, this product has a very compelling value prop compared to the Amex Plat. One big "missing" benefit is transfer of TY point to partner programs. Hopefully, the increased partnership with AA will lead to that in the near future.
To be frank, I hope not. It would cause major inflation in the AA program and would lead to faster devaluation. And I say that as someone with a 7-figure TYP balance.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
I think the logo is the lesser of the two options. I prefer the Amex Platinum model where it's the actual card that gains you entrance. Feels like waving a magic wand. Somehow more prestigious.

For this to work however it would have to encompass all cardholders including AU. It will be interesting to see what Citi does.
The point was how would it be differentiated. A logo on the back would do this. All the paperwork I've seen on this says primary cards only.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by anks329
I don't see Citi incurring the costs of issuing new plastic and shipping it out.
Never underestimate the willingness of credit card companies to mail out new cards with slightly different logos! A few years ago replacement cards arrived out of the blue for my trusty AAdvantage World MC. I thought it was some sort of half-assed identity theft attempt or something until I realized the new cards said "World Elite" on them.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by themicah
Never underestimate the willingness of credit card companies to mail out new cards with slightly different logos! A few years ago replacement cards arrived out of the blue for my trusty AAdvantage World MC. I thought it was some sort of half-assed identity theft attempt or something until I realized the new cards said "World Elite" on them.
"Never underestimate the power of corporate branding."
Old Mar 24, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by themicah
World Elite cards actually generate more money for the card issuers. So there is financial incentive there to 'upgrade' cards.

I also agree that it seems odd that not many of the big bloggers have mentioned this new benefit. If it is due to the lack of a referral link that benefits them financially then that's disappointing. But I suppose not entirely shocking as they themselves have financial incentives similar to the card issuer example above.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by PainCorp
The point was how would it be differentiated. A logo on the back would do this. All the paperwork I've seen on this says primary cards only.
That's interesting. What paperwork? I've still not received anything from Citi. Going solely on the AA terms which specify the benefit is for 'cardholders'.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by islandguy84
World Elite cards actually generate more money for the card issuers. So there is financial incentive there to 'upgrade' cards.

I also agree that it seems odd that not many of the big bloggers have mentioned this new benefit. If it is due to the lack of a referral link that benefits them financially then that's disappointing. But I suppose not entirely shocking as they themselves have financial incentives similar to the card issuer example above.
Frequent Miler posted a quick deal. I'd guess they're waiting on full details from Citi in order to provide their readers the specifics. That seems reasonable to me. I'm guessing it will be a short wait with the updates at AA.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 5:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
That's interesting. What paperwork? I've still not received anything from Citi. Going solely on the AA terms which specify the benefit is for 'cardholders'.
Well if you want to get technical, only I am a cardholder, everyone else is an Authorized User. Probably how it will get played.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, KF Gold/PPS
I tweeted the @AskCiti folks, and they confirmed what PainCorp has been saying - only the primary cardholder gets the benefit, not Authorized Users.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:38 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Several blogs are now writing about this, but what's missing from my mailbox is anything from Citi. My guess is that AA went public sooner than Citi expected, and that most of our questions will be answered when Citi makes its announcement, unless I overlooked it?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:05 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by mia
Several blogs are now writing about this, but what's missing from my mailbox is anything from Citi. My guess is that AA went public sooner than Citi expected, and that most of our questions will be answered when Citi makes its announcement, unless I overlooked it?
It does seem that way as there have been no changes to Citi's online marketing materials for the card, and the bloggers (some of whom have contacts within AA and/or Citi) have only been referencing the fact that AA.com has been quietly updated to reflect the new Admirals Club access rules for Citi Prestige cardholders.

What is a little odd is that (a) reports are that Admirals Club agents were briefed on Saturday regarding the new access rules, which are already live and (b) this timing coincided exactly with the discontinuation of access for Amex Plat/Centurion. One would think that Citi's marketing team would be more on top of this as far as making an official announcement?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by dw
One would think that Citi's marketing team would be more on top of this as far as making an official announcement?
Well, we already knew Citi's marketing team isn't going to be getting any MENSA invitations. This doesn't surprise me.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:25 am
mia

Originally Posted by dw
... only been referencing the fact that AA.com has been quietly updated ...
I sent Prestige customer service a set of four questions, in the form, "Is it true that...". They responded only to the first question with a link to an Airport Angel page that would not open . I have not yet received a reply to my followup email.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:08 pm
mia

Originally Posted by mia
I have not yet received a reply to my followup email.
The reply was unsatisfactory, and I called. The CSR confirmed the benefit. He was interested to know exactly where it was already displayed on aa.com. I did not ask for clarification of AU access because (he said) an announcement will be emailed tomorrow.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:26 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Citi has now updated the benefits language at www.citi.com/citiprestige to reflect the following:

Airport Lounge Access
Your key to airport lounges around the globe. Simply present your Citi Prestige® Card and your boarding pass for you, your family or guests to gain access to nearly 40 American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges29 worldwide. Plus, enjoy an existing network of over 440 Airport Angel airport lounges worldwide.

With the footnote reading:

29 Benefit applies to Citi Prestige® primary cardmembers who are 18 years of age or older and are traveling on American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc. or an American Connection carrier flight number only. The primary cardmember may bring as guest(s) either immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) or up to two traveling guests. This benefit does not provide access privileges to US Airways Clubs®, Arrivals Lounge, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, or other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges, including lounges operated by oneworld Alliance. To access the Admirals Club® lounge, the primary cardmember must present (i) his or her open and valid Citi Prestige World EliteTM MasterCard®, (ii) his or her current government-issued I.D., and (iii) any additional required documentation. Prestige cardmembers must present a stand-by ticket or boarding pass, showing an American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or an American Connection carrier flight number, valid for travel on such flight. To locate a current list of lounges please visit aa.com/admiralsclub. For more information, please see Admirals Club Access Privileges for Citi Prestige in the Citi Prestige Card Terms and Conditions at citi.com/citiprestige.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.