Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:44 pm

The Citi card's application process is mainly discussed in this thread, which is found in MilesBuzz!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...nks-first.html

Your wife of course, could book the tickets for you.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:51 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
The Citi card's application process is mainly discussed in this thread, which is found in MilesBuzz!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...nks-first.html

Your wife of course, could book the tickets for you.
It's amazing what one can find if they actually look

Cheers.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
Im interested in going for one personal and one business offer. I have read through the posts and want to be sure im doing this right before I apply. Main question, when you are applying, do you use your existing AA membership number for both applications business and personal or do you let them create a new one for you each time?

Second, what is the current best offer for personal and business. I would like to get an offer including 50k miles and either companion or statement credit.

Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by mak101
People are saying 2 personal apps in 65 days. I did one personal and one business, yesterday I tried another personal but different product. Anybody tried this way?
Max two Citi apps in any 65-day period, business or personal. This is a pretty hard rule and always has been in recent years.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 9:28 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Yes, it is amazing "if" some people actually look. It's not at all amazing "when" they actually look.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:42 pm

I applied using the third link and got an instant approval. First AA business card application ever. Just called in and confirmed the promotion described. Thanks!

Originally Posted by michael_v
There were a couple of business card links in OP under #1 and I am not sure why they were removed. If they have gone dead, here are some additional 50k offers with landing pages for the Visa business card with various spend thresholds and benefits:

50k after $5,000 spend in the first 4 months and 2 Admirals Club passes:
Landing page: https://creditcards.citicards.com/us...EC662B4A55B3F1
Application page: https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3006

50k after $2,000 spend in the first 4 months and $50 statement credit for the first eligible American Airlines purchase made within the first 12 months of cardmembership:
Landing page: https://creditcards.citicards.com/us...BABD65B688E968

40k after $2,000 in the first 4 months and additional 10k after $5,000 spend in the first 6 months, up to $100 statement credits, 2 Admirals Club passes:
Landing page: http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...0BAD0DCB9F88C1
Old Apr 18, 2013, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by businessmachine
Approved for 50k visa personal yesterday. Applied for 50k biz today and it saying pending and that it can take a week for response. Should I let it float through the system or call?
Hi BM, did you use this link for the personal app:

-------------------
Expired, No landing page, but still working

2. 50K miles after $2500 spend in 4 mo personal (Note: no AC passes or statement credit; Thanks to FT member jeanie)
Personal VISA
----------------------

Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2013, 5:21 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
I applied for the now-dead visa offer on 2/14. The terms of the offer (according to my notes) were:
50,000 bonus miles after $3K min spend (my statement just closed and these should post later today)
$150 statement credit (posted already)
2 AC passes

I haven't received or heard anything about the AC passes. Will I get them now after I've met the minimum spend?
Old Apr 18, 2013, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by pdrickey
Denied for the business Visa for not being a first time card holder. My last Business AA card application was 23 months ago and I closed the account 12 months ago. Any ideas why I am being rejected? Any thoughts on how to get approved? They stated it was their new policy that the offer is only available to first time card holders..
Did you close both the business account and the card when you closed the business card? There have been reports on the past that Citi closed the card, but not the actual business account in the past.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by fr33b13
Did you close both the business account and the card when you closed the business card? There have been reports on the past that Citi closed the card, but not the actual business account in the past.
Whoa... I'm glad you mentioned this. I'm planning on reapplying for the biz card in May/June. What do say to them specifically to close the account? Just "close the account"?
Old Apr 18, 2013, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by businessmachine
Approved for 50k visa personal yesterday. Applied for 50k biz today and it saying pending and that it can take a week for response. Should I let it float through the system or call?
If it's your first biz card with Citi, it could take a while and then go through. You could expedite matters by calling, but be prepared for them to ask you more questions about gross revenues, net income, # years in business, and more details about the type of business.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
The 30k/$750 in first 3 months Gold Mastercard link is in post 4819:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20260245-post4819.html

It may be important that you apply for a Gold Mastercard and not Platinum Mastercard if you already have the Platinum Select Visa/Amex.
Thanks Michael. Surprised the link still works since the URL has Sep2010 somewhere in it. And I don't see it on post #1. Can anyone confirm they've used this recently?

Also, why the personal Gold vs. the personal Platinum if both are MC? If I tried to apply for a personal Platinum MC, would that be considered the same product as the personal Platinum Visa I applied for recently? Did not see any mention of this issue in the AA card app guidelines:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14386923-post2.html

Also wondering about the Citi AA Amex. Seems like I can only apply for one more AA Citi personal card; then will have to wait around 65 days to apply for a 3rd personal card.

Haven't applied for the Citi AA biz cards. Would rather get another 50K vs. 30K, but concerned I'll be declined and have that as a negative against me for future CC apps with other banks. Although I've had a Citi biz card in the past. I seem to recall someone mentioning here or in the guidelines that it's easier to get approved for a Citi AA biz card if you've held one in the past (I have, and more than 24 months ago since I canceled it).

Any more encouragement from those who don't have an active business getting approved for the biz card? Been in semi-startup mode for a few years. But no revenue, no registration of the biz, etc. Not sure I want to go down the path of having to provide backup to Citi if declined.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Long Islander
If it's your first biz card with Citi, it could take a while and then go through. You could expedite matters by calling, but be prepared for them to ask you more questions about gross revenues, net income, # years in business, and more details about the type of business.

Thank you! I guess its similar to chase biz recon call
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:34 am

For personal Citi AA Platinum visa for wife, include both salaries?

When applying for the Citi AA Platinum visa, I believe it asks for your income then other income. For other apps at other banks, I believe it often asks for total household income. And that's what we've put on my wife's apps.

With these personal Citi AA cards, should we list our total household income on my wife's app(s)? She earns a lot less than I do.

And I believe the one I got approved for came with a huge credit limit--17K. I typically like to call back and reduce the credit line to 5K (seems to be the minimum credit line you can have with a Visa signature).

Anyway, what would folks recommend? Wish it just asked for household income... a lot easier that way.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Also, why the personal Gold vs. the personal Platinum if both are MC?
Most offers have "first time cardholders only" stipulation in T&C. That's why you cannot apply for the Amex right after you received the Visa. However, Gold MC may still work based on what has been reported here. I have no info on the Platinum Select MC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.