Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT youll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- its from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please dont call Citi for the passes, because youll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I dont have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, youll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what wont, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
Theres a very good chance that itll be coded as a cash advance.
Its recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, etc
Read approx last 40 pages
Too bad that apparently I missed the opportunity to apply for both Visa/Amex Platinum + MC Gold on the same day
Is there any technique at this time that still allows getting two cards with one hard pull? Such as applying around midnight?
Hate to say it but I don't think applying over two days makes sense as 30K AA miles aren't necessarily worth a second pull.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA
Called to activate my citi AA amex that I applied on Feb 2013, confirm that I will get all the benefits outlined on post #1. Planning to book an award to Asia to use the $150 credit as well as the 10% miles rebate.
Life is good.

Thank you FT.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I seriously dont understand why people would have any difficulty to use up $150 free money sitting on the credit card accounts.
other spending obligations
Old Mar 11, 2013, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pkoo
other spending obligations
I see both sides, but this is literally free money. Go buy a new iPod, Citi just paid for it!
Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum,
For the business card, did anyone get approved being a sole proprietorship and inputting social without a tax id, please post, thanks and also with the personal and business, should i do the 2 browser trick
Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Mehadi66
For the business card, did anyone get approved being a sole proprietorship and inputting social without a tax id, please post, thanks and also with the personal and business, should i do the 2 browser trick
Yes, instant approval for me on the Citi Biz card. No advantage to 2 browser trick as you are supposed to have 2 credit card pulls- one for biz and one for personal...regardless, i applied for both and was approved for both online
Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by metoo
Yes, instant approval for me on the Citi Biz card. No advantage to 2 browser trick as you are supposed to have 2 credit card pulls- one for biz and one for personal...regardless, i applied for both and was approved for both online
yes, I use my ssn for all biz apps. Haven't had an issue yet.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Mehadi66
Data Point: Yes, I applied as a sole proprietorship using my social on March 1. Got approved after a 24 hour wait without calling in.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
Deduct deduce .. Same same
it's called auto-correct but thank you for being a tool!
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum,
You guys rock, thanks for such quick reply
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:05 am

Hi all - how long does the statement credit take to post on the Business Visa? I recently booked a flight on miles and charged the remaining amount to my AA Bus Visa card. The transaction has posted but not billed through the statement cycle yet, but I remember from the personal cards that it posted immediately..?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Yoksel
Hate to say it but I don't think applying over two days makes sense as 30K AA miles aren't necessarily worth a second pull.
Ditto. I'm wondering why the mad rush to get 30K AA miles for a second pull. It's essentially two seperate apps for two seperate pulls, so shouldn't they be evaluated seperately? Is everybody so hooked on doing two apps from the 2BM days that they just have it in their head to do two? Am I misunderstanding, and it really results in 1 hard pull? Will anybody answer all these questions? Why am I so devilishly handsome? Where did my superior intellect come from...nature, or nurture? These are the important questions.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
Ditto. I'm wondering why the mad rush to get 30K AA miles for a second pull. It's essentially two seperate apps for two seperate pulls, so shouldn't they be evaluated seperately? Is everybody so hooked on doing two apps from the 2BM days that they just have it in their head to do two? Am I misunderstanding, and it really results in 1 hard pull? Will anybody answer all these questions? Why am I so devilishly handsome? Where did my superior intellect come from...nature, or nurture? These are the important questions.
You make a good point - there really isn't any reasoning that the personal and business card apps must be done together. The only reason why I did them together was because I thought they would result in a consolidated pull, only to find out that I was wrong (they pull EQ for personal cards and EX for business cards for me, apparently).

The advantage to the 30k card is that you can earn the bonus in addition to the 50k on the Platinum AMEX/Visa cards before the 18 month period elapses. It is not yet known the timeframe which the 30k card is churnable; if one gets lucky they may be earn the 30k bonus multiple times in a year like how it is possible with the US Airways cards.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by celetheo
Hi all - how long does the statement credit take to post on the Business Visa? I recently booked a flight on miles and charged the remaining amount to my AA Bus Visa card. The transaction has posted but not billed through the statement cycle yet, but I remember from the personal cards that it posted immediately..?
From my last business card more than 1 year ago, if my memory serves me right, the statement credit did not post immediately, but rather when the statement generated.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I just applied for the personal card in the OP, if I want to go for one of the business cards is it better to do it today? Is two hits on the credit report on the same day better or worse then on separate days?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.