Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:32 am

I have an existing offer and I was just wanting some input. 40k points after 2k spend which I have received. There is an additional 10k points after 5k spend. Do you think it is worth it to fulfill the requirements for the extra 10k?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingJob83
I have an existing offer and I was just wanting some input. 40k points after 2k spend which I have received. There is an additional 10k points after 5k spend. Do you think it is worth it to fulfill the requirements for the extra 10k?

Why not just use the link we've all been using for 50k points after 2500 spend?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jz48
It seems other folks also had the same problem, could someone who initially had same problem but later succeeded chime in?
Yeah I had the very same issue and I assume it was because my physical and my billing address were not the same. I did call the number as if I was going to make a phone order and mentioned the problem I was having. He tried the order again and it was denied. He called Citi and was able to verify the billing address as being the same and he said he would go ahead and push the order through. This was back in September of last year, so I'm not sure if he was breaking some kind of rule or I was lucky enough to get someone who knew what they were doing.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by businessmachine
Why not just use the link we've all been using for 50k points after 2500 spend?
I already have the card. That was the best deal available a few months back.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:29 am
Suspended

Then you probably won't get approved as its the same product. You can apply for the 30k Gold AA matercard after 750 spend
Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
No...it wasn't. The 50k offer has been around for a long time.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
not true.... the best deal was the 40K for 1000 spend... there is a link somewhere in this thread, that I used to get both the personal and business version.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:46 am

I thought it was the best option at the time. Either way back to my original question. Is it worth it to spend an extra 3k for 10k points? Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
I thought it was the best option at the time. Either way back to my original question. Is it worth it to spend an extra 3k for 10k points? Thanks!
It depends on your situation. If u can meet the spend comfortably, why not? On the other hand if u have to meet spend on other cards, then u may have to rethink.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
I wouldn't be worth it for me, because I'm not a big spend and I like to focus on picking the low-hanging fruit: the biggest bonuses with the lowest min spend. 3K is a big chunk of spend for me. I try not to pick up more than one 2.5k or 3k min spend card per churn. That's just me.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:17 pm

I signed up(for what I thought) was the 50k/$2500 spend offer on the biz card from page 1. When I verified the bonus while activating, she stated it was 50k/$3000 spend. Has this happened for anyone else?

If I have a $3000 spend, is there a good chance I got the offer with a first AA spend attached to it or any way to confirm whether I have that part of not(without actually making the purchase first)?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by bonuscash
I signed up(for what I thought) was the 50k/$2500 spend offer on the biz card from page 1. When I verified the bonus while activating, she stated it was 50k/$3000 spend. Has this happened for anyone else?

If I have a $3000 spend, is there a good chance I got the offer with a first AA spend attached to it or any way to confirm whether I have that part of not(without actually making the purchase first)?
I'm a lazy FlyerTalker and hate following up on deals. I would either just spend the 3K since I end up spending above the bare minimum on most bonuses. Or I would spend 2.5K with time to spare, and see what happens.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:48 pm

Relative Needs 90K Miles

My sister-in-law would like to go to Hawaii over a holiday time period that would require 90K miles. She has never churned and only has one credit card. Now that the two browser trick is dead is the best advice to apply for the personal Visa for 50K miles followed the next day by the business Visa for 50K miles using the first two links on page 1?

Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by sdflyer04
My sister-in-law would like to go to Hawaii over a holiday time period that would require 90K miles. She has never churned and only has one credit card. Now that the two browser trick is dead is the best advice to apply for the personal Visa for 50K miles followed the next day by the business Visa for 50K miles using the first two links on page 1?

Thanks.
IIRC, One card is 50K, the second (gold) is 30K if you go with personal....

But dude, if she wants to go to Hawaii for 90K, she might as well go to Bali. I'm going to Bali over Christmas for 70K (economy - it's 100K in business) on Malaysian Airlines (routed via Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur). They had pretty good availability when I called in February. Mind you, availability over Christmas and NYE always stinks, so I get my tickets the second the dates become available.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdflyer04

Thanks.
Yes. That is what I am planning on doing as well for my wife later this evening. You can also apply another day for the 30k link but that's up to you to determine whether a pull is worth 30k miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.