Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
AmEx - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18799539-post379.html
Citi is in this thread, post #1 and #141 (I think).

You can only apply for two Citi cards in any 60-ish day period, so if you apply for two Citi HHonors cards at once you can't also apply for the Citi Forward. Note that if you apply for Citi Forward and Citi HHonors ont he same day it will probably be two separate credit pulls.
Both links show expired
Old Sep 8, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Both links show expired
Both links show working.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AmEx - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18799539-post379.html
Citi is in this thread, post #1 and #141 (I think).

You can only apply for two Citi cards in any 60-ish day period, so if you apply for two Citi HHonors cards at once you can't also apply for the Citi Forward. Note that if you apply for Citi Forward and Citi HHonors ont he same day it will probably be two separate credit pulls.
Also additional links in Post 468. 3 of them.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 11:11 pm

You can only apply for two Citi cards in any 60-ish day period, so if you apply for two Citi HHonors cards at once you can't also apply for the Citi Forward.
I've now seen multiple posters mention applying for 2 Citi HHonors cards. Why would you be able to get 2 of the exact same card? Are you sure you get 2x the bonuses if you do this? Do you have to do the 2 browser trick for this to work? Will Citi ask you to call to explain? Thanks
Old Sep 9, 2012, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I've now seen multiple posters mention applying for 2 Citi HHonors cards. Why would you be able to get 2 of the exact same card? Are you sure you get 2x the bonuses if you do this? Do you have to do the 2 browser trick for this to work? Will Citi ask you to call to explain? Thanks
That is what this entire thread is about. Both my wife and I got 2 at the same time in the last 5 months after already having the card from last year, which is still open. If asked, I simply explain that I am trying to separate personal and business expenses.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 6:37 am
xp0

I got two and when I called in to check she was like "Oh I see you have two for the same" and I just said yeah I applied twice and she said "Oh ok -- you are approved for both"

Thanks.

Now I wish it was easy to put this on like WF or something ;(
Old Sep 9, 2012, 12:21 pm

Can anyone confirm the link on #141 is still 50k? thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2012, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've now seen multiple posters mention applying for 2 Citi HHonors cards. Why would you be able to get 2 of the exact same card?
Because it is Citicard.

Are you sure you get 2x the bonuses if you do this?
No you dont have to. But it is advisable to do so.

Are you sure you get 2x the bonuses if you do this?
You dont think people would practice this if they dont get 2x bonus, do you?

Will Citi ask you to call to explain? Thanks
You dont need to call Citi unless you are denied and want reconsideration dept to reconsider and approve you. If you dont call Citi, the question of "Why" would never get asked. If asked, just explain you want to separate spending category. In all reality, unlike the AAdvantage cards, Citi does not care you get multiple of other cards probably because the cost of bonuses on other cards are far lower than the bonuses (and benefits) on the AAdvantage cards, if you really want to get the answer to "why" before you would test the water.

If you read thru the thread you would read about even in the occasion which Citi called to ask for re-allocation of credit line in order to approve you, the rep did not bother to mention / ask why you want 2 cards.

Stop to ask "Why" it can be done, (because it is Citi) and "Why" people are doing it. (because it means 2x bonuses) Just do it.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
Because it is Citicard.

No you dont have to. But it is advisable to do so.

You dont think people would practice this if they dont get 2x bonus, do you?

You dont need to call Citi unless you are denied and want reconsideration dept to reconsider and approve you. If you dont call Citi, the question of "Why" would never get asked. If asked, just explain you want to separate spending category. In all reality, unlike the AAdvantage cards, Citi does not care you get multiple of other cards probably because the cost of bonuses on other cards are far lower than the bonuses (and benefits) on the AAdvantage cards, if you really want to get the answer to "why" before you would test the water.

If you read thru the thread you would read about even in the occasion which Citi called to ask for re-allocation of credit line in order to approve you, the rep did not bother to mention / ask why you want 2 cards.

Stop to ask "Why" it can be done, (because it is Citi) and "Why" people are doing it. (because it means 2x bonuses) Just do it.
Ours is not to wonder why, ours is but to choose and apply.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Just applied using link#1 & link#2 in post 468. 2-browser method and instant approval on both and both of them had the same credit line, no other info was given.

Used Chrome first, using the 1st link (success) and then immediately tried with IE, but an error would come using the links with IE. So I had to jump on another computer and do it there. I did the 2nd app using Chrome also, but a different computer, used the second link, and both applications were spaced out about 20 minutes.
I just hope they dont consider it a duplicate app b/c both have the same CL.

Hopefully I'll have 2 cards in the mail soon!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by express3
I just hope they dont consider it a duplicate app b/c both have the same CL.

Hopefully I'll have 2 cards in the mail soon!
Mine also both had the same credit limit. No issues at all, and my second 50K just dropped into my HHonors account over the weekend.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Just applied for and was approved for my second set of two cards. Not much news there as others are now on their third and fourth go rounds with this.

Did have a little hiccup because I received two automated voice mails from Citi on my apps as I've apparently reached my credit (though not card) limit with Citi and I needed to reallocate credit lines. I almost missed that each voice mail had a different ID number, so I was a little surprised in my first call that only one card was involved. I thought I wasn't going to get the second card until I listened to the messages again and realized that there was a second ID number for the second card.

Called for the second card, moved a credit line again (both from my existing Hilton cards--without any questions from the CSRs as to why I would need four Hilton cards), and now I'm on my way to my second set of 100K HHonors points this year. Assuming the deal's still in place, I'll probably do another round at the end of the year.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Just applied for and was approved for my second set of two cards.
Did you cancel your first two before re-applying?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lwildernorva

Called for the second card, moved a credit line again (both from my existing Hilton cards--without any questions from the CSRs as to why I would need four Hilton cards), and now I'm on my way to my second set of 100K HHonors points this year. Assuming the deal's still in place, I'll probably do another round at the end of the year.
Originally Posted by SGJazz
Did you cancel your first two before re-applying?
Did you really read thru the post?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by Happy
Did you really read thru the post?
Duh! Just saw it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.