Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
I applied last week and got approved for 2 Citi Hilton cards using 2 browser trick. Before they approved my request, I had to call twice(for 2 cards) and reduce balance on a Citi AA Bronze card.

Glad to snag 100K points + 6000-7000 points for spending.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dbrudos
Well, I applied for the Amex Hhonors card and the Citi Signature card (x2 with the two browser method) and got an interesting response. Every app response told me they would let me know, and then the next morning Amex sent me an email saying I was approved.

But the part I thought was different was the approval email I got from Citi just tonight...

"Why we're writing you
Congratulations!
Your Hilton HHonors(R) Visa(R) Signature account has been
approved.

You should receive your new card and Card Agreement within
a week. If you do not receive your card within 10 days
from the date of this letter, please call us immediately at
1-800-848-1852.

Here's what you should know
Please note the following:

o Your new account, ending in 2864, has been assigned
a total credit line of $11,000.00. In order to extend to
you this total credit line, we moved $9,000.00 from
the existing credit line on your Citi account with card(s)
ending in 1004 which had a credit line of $24,200.00.
You still have an open credit line on this account for
purchases.

This is because you have the maximum amount of credit
that we extend to an individual."

This is the kind of thing I normally think happens when you call the reconsideration line.

I never thought they would just do it for me.

Also of note, they completely ignored my second app from the attempted two browser method.

Anyone else have something like this happen? I'm fairly happy with the results...got a lot of Hhonors points once I make spend.
Just happened to me last week, did not initially get approved for either card, few days later got a call from citi that I was approved w/ a 12K limit and then an email a day later that I had been approved like you w/ a 14K limit pulled from my citi Amex. Today I got 2 letters in the mail saying that I had been approved for both cards.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Gold
Is anyone else having trouble with the sign-up link? Just a black page for me...
Old Aug 6, 2012, 8:58 pm

50,000 Citi Hilton HHonors Visa

Link looks fine for me (iPhone).
Old Aug 6, 2012, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Not necessarily. As we all know, Citi is very inconsistent. It is entirely possible a second HH card will simply show up at some point in your mailbox.
And from JRV62:

Just happened to me last week, did not initially get approved for either card, few days later got a call from citi that I was approved w/ a 12K limit and then an email a day later that I had been approved like you w/ a 14K limit pulled from my citi Amex. Today I got 2 letters in the mail saying that I had been approved for both cards.

Sorry...really new at this website and don't know how to quote two different replies...

The point is that I will definitely keep my eye on my mailbox to see what happens and report results.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:36 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dbrudos
Sorry...really new at this website and don't know how to quote two different replies...
For all the new folks: Next to the "Quote" button is a smaller button that looks like a piece of paper with a single quotation mark on it. Click that icon on each post you want to quote, then click the "Post Reply" button after you have them all.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One got auto-approved, one got a phone call then approved.

Yesterday late afternoon did 2 applications for husband using the links in Post 468, because the link in Post 1 returned a blank form after pressing the Continue button as if nothing has ever filled in. (used FF). So switched the applications to the links in Post 468 - used the 2 links labeled expired June 30 - one with IE, one with FF.

Both apps went to Step 5, without reference number nor phone number.

Just got a call from Citi 30 minutes ago - took several minutes before connected to a rep who said husband had reached the maximum limit of total credit line so a re-allocation would be needed if he wanted a higher credit line for the HHonor Visa. (Husband has 4 existing Citi cards - 2 TYPs and 2 AAs, just canceled 1 AA last Thursday, else would be 5.) So we took 6K from the AA Visa to the HHonor Visa to make the HHonor Visa a 10K card. He then needed to get Senior Analyst to finalize the move which we saw it had already happened when we logged in his accounts.

The rep came back a few times, apologizing the time delay because one call center was down so his call center (in MD) was taking a lot more calls this morning... hence the senior analysts were swamped... Meanwhile we asked him to check the other application - that one turned out was already approved with 12K line. Eventually the rep was able to finalize the one that needed line re-allocation, so both cards are approved, and will arrive around 08/15 next Wed.

The rep also mentioned the documents would come in a separate mailing than the card itself. We did not bother to ask for the verification of bonus etc. Those can be done either at activation or via secured message once cards are in hand.

UPDATE:

Another call from Citi again. When we finally got to a human after a long wait, husband was too impatient and trotted away. The woman that came on line refused to say anything other than insisting this was just a courtesy call and that he should not have any concern about his cards after I told her we had already talked to someone from Citi 2 hours ago. Later we called the 1-888-201-4523 status line, the ID for the auto-approved card automatically brought up the "Congratulation" message; the ID for the one required line re-allocation could not recognize the SSN and we wound up talking to a human. The rep confirmed this card was approved, gave us the customer service number in case card did not arrive in 7 to 10 days. We asked her to verify the bonus and earning - 50K after $1,500 spend in 6 months and the earning ratio were all confirmed. So the links in Post 468 work.

UPDATE 2:

Today both cards show up online with its own last 4 digits when using the userids set up on Step 5 to log in.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 9, 2012 at 11:51 am Reason: Add Update on 2nd call from Citi. Add Update on cards showing up online
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, US - SPG, HH, PC, CC
Would someone be kind enough to repost the link to the 50k offer? The one I found on the first page doesn't appear to work any longer and I scanned the thread but was unable to find a more recent or working link.

Many Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by edotzaue
Would someone be kind enough to repost the link to the 50k offer? The one I found on the first page doesn't appear to work any longer and I scanned the thread but was unable to find a more recent or working link.

Many Thanks!
Works fine here
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edotzaue

Many Thanks!
Read my post right before yours!

Originally Posted by Happy
Yesterday late afternoon did 2 applications for husband using the links in Post 468, because the link in Post 1 returned a blank form after pressing the Continue button as if nothing has ever filled in. (used FF). So switched the applications to the links in Post 468 - used the 2 links labeled expired June 30 - one with IE, one with FF.

We asked her to verify the bonus and earning - 50K after $1,500 spend in 6 months and the earning ratio were all confirmed. So the links in Post 468 work.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:16 pm

Read my post right before yours!
Thanks! Figures I spend 15 minutes scanning the thread for a link and you had what I was looking for in the last post, time to start reading backwards
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by kirax2
I just wanted to share my experience applying for this card.

I applied for two cards on Monday, June 18, using two browsers (Chrome and Firefox). I forgot to note down the application numbers. Both went to step 3 which I expected, since I have an old fraud alert on my account from 2008.

I waited for them to call and confirm that I had applied, but by today (Saturday) they still hadn't called. After reading the positive experiences in this thread, I decided to call them.

A very positive experience all around. ^_^
Could someone explain to me what are the various steps referenced (such as, I made it to step 3 or step 5)?

Thanks again!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond

Both apps went to Step 5, without reference number nor phone number.

Just got a call from Citi 30 minutes ago - took several minutes before connected to a rep who said husband had reached the maximum limit of total credit line so a re-allocation would be needed if he wanted a higher credit line for the HHonor Visa. (Husband has 4 existing Citi cards - 2 TYPs and 2 AAs, just canceled 1 AA last Thursday, else would be 5.) So we took 6K from the AA Visa to the HHonor Visa to make the HHonor Visa a 10K card. He then needed to get Senior Analyst to finalize the move which we saw it had already happened when we logged in his accounts.

The rep came back a few times, apologizing the time delay because one call center was down so his call center (in MD) was taking a lot more calls this morning... hence the senior analysts were swamped... Meanwhile we asked him to check the other application - that one turned out was already approved with 12K line. Eventually the rep was able to finalize the one that needed line re-allocation, so both cards are approved, and will arrive around 08/15 next Wed.

The rep also mentioned the documents would come in a separate mailing than the card itself. We did not bother to ask for the verification of bonus etc. Those can be done either at activation or via secured message once cards are in hand.

UPDATE:

Another call from Citi again. When we finally got to a human after a long wait, husband was too impatient and trotted away. The woman that came on line refused to say anything other than insisting this was just a courtesy call and that he should not have any concern about his cards after I told her we had already talked to someone from Citi 2 hours ago. Later we called the 1-888-201-4523 status line, the ID for the auto-approved card automatically brought up the "Congratulation" message; the ID for the one required line re-allocation could not recognize the SSN and we wound up talking to a human. The rep confirmed this card was approved, gave us the customer service number in case card did not arrive in 7 to 10 days. We asked her to verify the bonus and earning - 50K after $1,500 spend in 6 months and the earning ratio were all confirmed. So the links in Post 468 work.
Happy do you think I could get these 2 cards from Citi and use it as an opportunity to close my 2 Citi AA cards from last year before the annual fee is due the 24th of this month, for which I got a statement credit 3 months ago ?

Would Citi claw back the 150K AA miles I got ??

Would this be OK as part of a 2 Amex Biz , 2 Chase Biz 1 personal, and

either a second VA BOA card, or a Barclays US AIR apporama for a

total of 3-4 Banks that I am planning on doing regardless of the Citi cards.

Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Happy do you think I could get these 2 cards from Citi and use it as an opportunity to close my 2 Citi AA cards from last year before the annual fee is due the 24th of this month, for which I got a statement credit 3 months ago ?

Would Citi claw back the 150K AA miles I got ??
You can simply cancel your AA cards via SM. They would cancel your AA cards in less than 30 minutes after requests sent.

No, Citi does not claw back miles.

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Would this be OK as part of a 2 Amex Biz , 2 Chase Biz 1 personal, and

either a second VA BOA card, or a Barclays US AIR apporama for a

total of 3-4 Banks that I am planning on doing regardless of the Citi cards.

Thanks
No idea.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:21 am

Are we sure that Citi no longer allows more than 2 cards in any 61 day period?

So I couldn't get two of these along with an AA business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.