Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current China Entry policy

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2023, 4:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by boybi
Are there new updates on the entry rules to China?
Yes, it's pretty much open now, with tourist visas being issued also.
If you had a 10-year visa that is still within the date of original expiration, you could use that too now.
boybi and gt5889a like this.
Old May 31, 2023, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I knew it was too smooth a process. Now Karma has caught up with me. After exiting and entering PVG with no problems using echannel last week, I put my passport on the scanner at Hongqiao today only to have the screen show there is no registration record for me. The guards there didnt know what the issue was but advised me to register again once I enter Hongqiao next time.
Dang! That reminds me of what used to happen to me pre-Covid: on exit it used to fail more often than not.
Old May 31, 2023, 6:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by narvik
Dang! That reminds me of what used to happen to me pre-Covid: on exit it used to fail more often than not.
I've never experienced any problems after registration, but having to reapply every time I got a new visa or passport was annoying. It is still well worth the hassle, though.
Old May 31, 2023, 12:21 pm

deleted
Old May 31, 2023, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As an update it worked for me to enter China at West Kowloon. Now Ill wait and see if it works next time I leave in a few weeks.
percysmith and narvik like this.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 11:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by boybi
Are there new updates on the entry rules to China?
Any testing required?
Old Jun 5, 2023, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by moondog
Echannel is well worth the effort because it saves you a boatload of time on each entry and exit.

You can only apply for it upon entry. Bring all documents you might need with you. I believe normal visas are now okay, but they must be valid for at least six months.

For your first post-Covid entry, plan on 90 minutes. The fingerprinting drill is a serious time suck. But, the staff is quite friendly, and they will let you into the country.
​​​​​​
Do you mean e-channel in the Mainland? What is the requirement? I don't have a residency permit. I would be interested in an expedited entry process.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Do you mean e-channel in the Mainland? What is the requirement? I don't have a residency permit. I would be interested in an expedited entry process.
You need at least six months left on your visa in order to register. Some visa types seem okay, while others do not. A few posts up, someone reported that Q1 would have satisfied the PVG people.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by moondog
You need at least six months left on your visa in order to register. Some visa types seem okay, while others do not. A few posts up, someone reported that Q1 would have satisfied the PVG people.
I do. Just show my passport at immigration and they'll do it for me?
Old Jun 5, 2023, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I do. Just show my passport at immigration and they'll do it for me?
Not at the regular immigration counters (at least insofar as PVG is concerned). Look for the echannel application desks.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 12:24 pm

Let me see if I understand the current entry requirements:
1) Fill out health form on Wechat, save QR code.
2) RAT test within 48hr of boarding

Question - is that 48hr before the China-bound segment, OR the start of the "trip"? Like most other humans nowadays, I'm on separate tickets to China.

Anything else? (besides the obvious like visa).
Old Jun 6, 2023, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign

Question - is that 48hr before the China-bound segment, OR the start of the "trip"? Like most other humans nowadays, I'm on separate tickets to China.

Technically you fill out the WeChat Mini Program AFTER you take the RAT, as one of the questions relates to its result.
The QR code is a one-time-use thing, and is valid for only 24 hours (take a screen shot of it!).
The QR code needs to be valid as you land in China.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 1:09 pm

From what I can ascertain, attesting to the fact that you have tested negative on the entry form/app/miniprogram is all they really care about. That having been said, if you want to line up "proof" of this, just do a self-RAT before you leave, take a picture of it with your phone, and keep the test kit itself (you could even write your name and sampling date on it with a sharpie, if you want).
Old Jun 6, 2023, 5:03 pm

The QR code is a one-time-use thing, and is valid for only 24 hours (take a screen shot of it!).
You mean the QR code will only appear in Wechat for 24hr, but screenshot will do after that; OR even screenshot will expire after 24hr?
Old Jun 6, 2023, 5:30 pm

You mean the QR code will only appear in Wechat for 24hr, but screenshot will do after that; OR even screenshot will expire after 24hr?
The focus is on the flight that actually brings you into China (e.g. you even need to provide your actual seat number). WeChat is just a distributor channel for the system. The data resides on China government servers.

ETA Completing the form over a stable internet connection and grabbing a screenshot of the qr code is definitely a good idea, but you might be asked to update it upon arrival.
​​​​​

Last edited by moondog; Jun 6, 2023 at 6:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.