Reload this Page >

Current China Entry policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current China Entry policy

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 1:36 am

Well I've never run into this limit myself and I just checked my account status and it definitely says unverified (待核验).
Old May 26, 2023, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by tauphi
Well I've never run into this limit myself and I just checked my account status and it definitely says unverified (待核验).
I'm unclear. Is this unverified issue at trip.com or ctrip.com? Or both?

I was in China last week and purchased exactly three train tickets via trip.com, not knowing there was any sort of limit so I guess I got lucky.
Old May 26, 2023, 4:34 pm

I am talking about purchasing for myself using my own account on 12306.

There may have been some grandfathering of old 12306 accounts on the verification requirement, but I had to re-set my account recently because of a new passport number. And last month 12306 certainly blocked me from buying a fourth ticket until my passport was first verified.
Old May 27, 2023, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by 889
I am talking about purchasing for myself using my own account on 12306.

There may have been some grandfathering of old 12306 accounts on the verification requirement, but I had to re-set my account recently because of a new passport number. And last month 12306 certainly blocked me from buying a fourth ticket until my passport was first verified.
My passport is due to expire next year so I'll get to find out what happens then. I'm hoping to be able to keep my current account, surely there is a way to update the ID number without abandoning the account (though it may involve a visit to a train station somewhere).

I just logged onto 12306 and it appears that you can change your ID number at any time (perhaps because it is unverified).
Old May 27, 2023, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by atword
I'm unclear. Is this unverified issue at trip.com or ctrip.com? Or both?

I was in China last week and purchased exactly three train tickets via trip.com, not knowing there was any sort of limit so I guess I got lucky.
The limit applies regardless of whether you're purchasing direct from 12306 or through ctrip (they're simply acting as an agent between you and 12306).
Old May 27, 2023, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tauphi
My passport is due to expire next year so I'll get to find out what happens then. I'm hoping to be able to keep my current account, surely there is a way to update the ID number without abandoning the account (though it may involve a visit to a train station somewhere).

I just logged onto 12306 and it appears that you can change your ID number at any time (perhaps because it is unverified).
It’s easy to just delete your entire account and reregister. Should fix any and all problems.
gudugan likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 2:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
It’s easy to just delete your entire account and reregister. Should fix any and all problems.
Do you happen to know if eChannel is back yet? If so, did you need to register again or is your 2019 account still valid?
Old May 27, 2023, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
Do you happen to know if eChannel is back yet? If so, did you need to register again or is your 2019 account still valid?
Yeah, I registered a week ago at PVG and have used it both for entry and exit.
narvik likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 3:49 am

Yeah, I registered a week ago at PVG and have used it both for entry and exit.
-did you register upon exit or entry>
-PVG or SHA?
-do you think our friends on F, M,, Q visas can get onboard?
Old May 27, 2023, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
-did you register upon exit or entry>
-PVG or SHA?
-do you think our friends on F, M,, Q visas can get onboard?
You can only register upon entry. I did it at PVG terminal 2 where you register before getting your passport stamped. At T1 I believe the registration is after the stamping. Just ask the guards they’ll tell you where to go.

I think it’s only foreigners on Residence Permits with over 6 months until expiry and foreigners with Permanent Residency who are allowed to register, but not 100% sure.

Pre Covid I also registered for this at the Futian crossing which didn’t require me to be leaving or entering China like the airport registrations do so it was a nice choice if you’re in Shenzhen for a few days and want to get it done.
narvik likes this.
Old May 28, 2023, 8:48 pm

I don't want to do that because all my family members' information are in my account. If I delete it and reregister I would have to re-enter everything.

That plus the fact that my mobile number is currently verified in the account and I recall going through an ordeal to get it into that state many years ago.
Old May 29, 2023, 4:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
You can only register upon entry. I did it at PVG terminal 2 where you register before getting your passport stamped. At T1 I believe the registration is after the stamping. Just ask the guards they’ll tell you where to go.

I think it’s only foreigners on Residence Permits with over 6 months until expiry and foreigners with Permanent Residency who are allowed to register, but not 100% sure.

Pre Covid I also registered for this at the Futian crossing which didn’t require me to be leaving or entering China like the airport registrations do so it was a nice choice if you’re in Shenzhen for a few days and want to get it done.

Thanks for that...I now remember when I last registered at PEK...believe it was after passport control on arrival.
Will definitely try next week....if Beijing is accepting this already also...
Old May 30, 2023, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by narvik
Thanks for that...I now remember when I last registered at PEK...believe it was after passport control on arrival.
Will definitely try next week....if Beijing is accepting this already also...
I knew it was too smooth a process. Now Karma has caught up with me. After exiting and entering PVG with no problems using echannel last week, I put my passport on the scanner at Hongqiao today only to have the screen show there is no registration record for me. The guards there didn’t know what the issue was but advised me to register again once I enter Hongqiao next time.

I’m gonna re-enter in a few days at Kowloon West so will test it and see if it’s working there. If not, I’ll try and register again, this time in Shenzhen, hopefully Futian has their registration center open.
Old May 31, 2023, 12:58 am

Programs: CX Gold
Are there new updates on the entry rules to China?
Old May 31, 2023, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by boybi
Are there new updates on the entry rules to China?
Echannel is well worth the effort because it saves you a boatload of time on each entry and exit.

You can only apply for it upon entry. Bring all documents you might need with you. I believe normal visas are now okay, but they must be valid for at least six months.

For your first post-Covid entry, plan on 90 minutes. The fingerprinting drill is a serious time suck. But, the staff is quite friendly, and they will let you into the country.
​​​​​​
lsquare and boybi like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.