Current China Entry policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current China Entry policy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2023, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1MM
There's absolutely no reason not to do a rapid antigen test before departure. They're at most $5/test and available everywhere. Just take a photo or video of yourself using the test, and a photo of the results.
moondog, tauphi, narvik and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by moondog
The (admittedly small) legal risk is that if you claim you tested negative during the 48-hour lead-up to your flight but are unable to provide proof of such when asked, you will be in violation of PRC law and could face stiff penalties.

The negative test result should presumably provide you with significant legal cover if you happen to catch Covid after your test (on the way to China or later).
Originally Posted by boat stuck
There's absolutely no reason not to do a rapid antigen test before departure. They're at most $5/test and available everywhere. Just take a photo or video of yourself using the test, and a photo of the results.
Agree on both comments.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boat stuck
The reason not to do it is to save $5 and they never check.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I have 40+ tests still, as we were on a daily (morning, pre-going-to-work) test regimen where I work; everyone has leftovers.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 9:37 pm

As I said, anyone can decide to not do the test and make a false declaration. After all, has anyone ever answered "yes" to the question "Are you a terrorist"?
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 10:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The (extremely unlikely) scenario I had in mind entails catching Covid, winding up in a hospital, and being outed there.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by narvik
I have 40+ tests still, as we were on a daily (morning, pre-going-to-work) test regimen where I work; everyone has leftovers.
I've got a bunch left over from the lockdown times. I've also got a bunch of photos of negative antigen test results from the lockdown as well.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 4:01 am

Programs: FB Gold
I too have a stack in my cupboard, when our employer provided it us for free. Along with a couple boxes of masks still.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 6:13 am

I've also got a bunch of photos of negative antigen test results from the lockdown as well.
If you intend to use any of those old photos, I suggest you update the timestamp of the photo, and remove their EXIF data!
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by mlin32
I too have a stack in my cupboard, when our employer provided it us for free. Along with a couple boxes of masks still.

I'd keep the masks for the next pandemic!
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 7:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by narvik
If you intend to use any of those old photos, I suggest you update the timestamp of the photo, and remove their EXIF data!
At the airport on my way back they asked me to spell the letters in my Passport number as they could not read it so I’m curious if someone would be able to check the details of a Covid test 😂🫣
narvik likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by llb09
At the airport on my way back they asked me to spell the letters in my Passport number as they could not read it so I’m curious if someone would be able to check the details of a Covid test 😂🫣
That would really depend upon how much they cared.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
That would really depend upon how much they cared.
Their care factor is zero.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 9:06 pm

Their care factor is zero.
If someone were to lose their cool with them (personal or country focused insults, perhaps), their care factor could easily reach a non-zero state.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 10:09 pm

Did a proper self test and video from it, it’s really not worth the risk even if it’s just 1:1000 to get caught.

plus I still got like 5 packs of self Test around which won’t be good forever anyway
moondog, uanj, narvik and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.