Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

MORE FREE passes to Precheck - Managed Inclusion III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: QFF

I'd rather a dog played with me then a TSO.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by chollie
So now the barking will be accompanied by 'getting to know you' sniffs of your resistance.
Maybe the dogs will take a bite out of crime? But then that may mean biting the hand that feeds it.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by mikeef
Canines? Seriously? I guess they took us too seriously when we called them "barkers."

And frankly, I'm ashamed of all of you for missing such an easy pun.

Mike
It's okay. No one caught my Die Hard reference either.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by DaveBlaine
A ceramic knife? What next? A porcelain gun made in Germany?

Originally Posted by DaveBlaine
It's okay. No one caught my Die Hard reference either.
Au contraire mon frere - I caught it immediately.

However, I didn't reply because it was an inappropriate use of the quote. While Glock is A) Austrian, not German, B) has never made a Model 9, C) has never made a gun out of porcelain, and D) has never made a gun that wasn't immediately detectable by WTMD - all of which renders the quote an exercise in verbal absurdity - there are, in fact, a large number of
ceramic-bladed knives ceramic-bladed knives
on the market today.

Yippee Ki Yay, Mister Falcon.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The USG again banned "undetectable" guns within the past couple of years too. The ban against "undetectable" guns was first made into law by Reagan, and the ban keeps getting renewed (most recently signed into law by Obama).
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by chollie
So now the barking will be accompanied by 'getting to know you' sniffs of your resistance.
No kidding. I hate when the TSOs do that.

Mike
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Managed inclusion is definitely in operation.

We were 5 for 5 on Pre-Check in LAS. They usually give it to my wife (she's older) but this is the first time I've gotten it. The other three filers are foreigners besides (and very inexperienced fliers besides)--but also older. This is also the first time any of us have flown this airline, it can't be based on status.

WTMD, the nudeoscope was blocked off. Zero line but we are taking an early-bird flight, the passenger load is still light.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
Managed inclusion is definitely in operation.

We were 5 for 5 on Pre-Check in LAS. They usually give it to my wife (she's older) but this is the first time I've gotten it. The other three filers are foreigners besides (and very inexperienced fliers besides)--but also older. This is also the first time any of us have flown this airline, it can't be based on status.

WTMD, the nudeoscope was blocked off. Zero line but we are taking an early-bird flight, the passenger load is still light.
Was it Managed Inclusion or Automated Pre Check Assessment? If Pre was printed on the boarding pass it was not Managed Inclusion.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Was it Managed Inclusion or Automated Pre Check Assessment? If Pre was printed on the boarding pass it was not Managed Inclusion.
I thought having "pre-check" printed on the boarding pass was managed inclusion.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
I thought having "pre-check" printed on the boarding pass was managed inclusion.
I was confused about TSA's terminology too. Managed Inclusion is when a person is selected for expedited screening at the checkpoint. If a person is selected for Pre Check and it is printed on the boarding pass it is Automated Pre Check Threat Assessment.

I'm not sure what category being sniffed by an explosive sniffer dog falls into.

The following GAO report is where I found the various methods for expedited screening.

http://www.gao.gov/assets/680/677714.pdf

Quote:
TSA uses the following methods to assess whether a passenger is low
risk and therefore eligible for expedited screening.

• Approved TSA Pre ® lists of known travelers—These lists are
comprised of individuals whom TSA has determined to be low risk by
virtue of their membership in a specific group, such as active duty
military members, or based on group vetting requirements, or if
approved through the TSA Pre® Application Program.

• Automated TSA Pre ® risk assessments of all passengers—
Using these assessments, TSA assigns passengers scores based
upon information available to TSA to identify low risk passengers
eligible for expedited screening for a specific flight prior to the
passengers’ arrival at the airport.

• Real-time threat assessments through Managed Inclusion—
These assessments use several layers of security, including
procedures that randomly select passengers for expedited screening,
behavior detection officers who observe passengers to identify highrisk
behaviors, and passenger screening canine teams to help ensure
that passengers selected for expedited screening have not handled
explosive material. TSA developed Managed Inclusion as a tool to
improve the efficiency of dedicated TSA Pre ® screening lanes.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog

• Automated TSA Pre ® risk assessments of all passengers—
Using these assessments, TSA assigns passengers scores based
upon information available to TSA to identify low risk passengers
eligible for expedited screening for a specific flight prior to the
passengers’ arrival at the airport.
Isn't the above profiling?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by petaluma1
TSA does profile based on age

Screening for Passengers 75 and Older

Passengers 75 and older can receive some form of expedited screening through risk-based intelligence-driven security that allows TSA to better focus resources on passengers who more likely pose a risk.

Screening Benefits

You may leave on your shoes and light jacket during screening.

If you alarm during security screening, you may be required to remove your shoes for further screening or undergo a pat-down. You can request to be seated during this portion of the screening.

Passengers 75 and older who are unable to stand for screening will be screened through other security methods.

Should you travel with medical devices and/or implants, other screening procedures may apply.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If TSA is looking at things like how long a person has lived at an address, credit history, criminal history, and other such stuff no I wouldn't call that profiling.

I think Automated Pre Check Assessment should be the primary method to put people in the expedited screening ques. Not paying government for Pre Check.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:46 am

TSA does profile based on age

Screening for Passengers 75 and Older

Passengers 75 and older can receive some form of expedited screening through risk-based intelligence-driven security that allows TSA to better focus resources on passengers who more likely pose a risk.

Screening Benefits

You may leave on your shoes and light jacket during screening.

If you alarm during security screening, you may be required to remove your shoes for further screening or undergo a pat-down. You can request to be seated during this portion of the screening.

Passengers 75 and older who are unable to stand for screening will be screened through other security methods.

Should you travel with medical devices and/or implants, other screening procedures may apply.

(Not sure if age discrimination is at play here, 75 and older getting automatic preferential treatment; in employment law age discrimination is to protect everyone 40 and older)
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Pre Check (Write your representatives)

So as we all know pre check is getting worse and worse and WORSE with all the people the airlines sending "low risk" people through the system.

At multiple airports I have seen the frustration on TSA officers faces, but in ATL today I heard two officers talking about how annoying pre check was today. The TSA is annoyed at the airlines for sending all these "low risk" people through, and they estimate the average is 70% airlines sending, and 30% Global Entry/Pre Check. FYI they were more then happy to share their frustrations with the system with me.

Needless to say the officers said what I have heard before, and done. We all need to write letters to our senators, congressmen/women, etc.

Unless enough people make a stink about it, nothing will change, and it will go down hill.

In my short time in line today I witnessed

- Well over 90% of people take their shoes off
- 7 different people who entered the line to find out they didnt have pre check, and made sure to argue about it a bunch.
- People just standing around not walking through metal detectors
- One guy who I am sure was carrying a small fortune in change trying to go through the metal detector, and then not understanding why it kept going off.

http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

That is how you find your representatives in government, I encourage everyone to write an old school letter, and drop it in the mail.

Also we need to write the airlines sharing our frustrations as well, they will keep doing it, until they realize its bad business.

Hopefully i can count on some folks here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.