Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:22 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by MrColdShower
Ysitincoach: Great job. ^

I agree. Absent abolishing this abomination of an agency, I think the next best thing to clean things up would be to have prominently posted signs reminding travelers that it is their right to film at the checkpoint.
Might want to print this out and take it with you, though

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/taking_pictures.shtm
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
I opted out of the backscatter machines at SEA. Stood by the side till a screener was ready. Did not have to go through the traditional metal detector. It really didn't bother me and was finished pretty quickly. A pretty nice TSA worker.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 7:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TBD

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav..._pictures.shtm
Why? The checkpoint screeners will simply claim it's "out-of-date."
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by TBD

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav..._pictures.shtm
I understand, but like Caradoc says, they routinely deny the validity of the Web site's content. Having a sign on-site would go a long way, IMO.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MrColdShower
I understand, but like Caradoc says, they routinely deny the validity of the Web site's content. Having a sign on-site would go a long way, IMO.
No. They'll never do it.

Because, as they do with the validity of the website's content, they also prefer to deny other things - like reason, accountability, and common sense.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Caradoc
Why? The checkpoint screeners will simply claim it's "out-of-date."
Sadly so. I've gotten into arguments over my netbook with TSA screeners. One did admit that I was right that I didn't have it out normally, then gave another excuse on why it had to be out. Even if you go with a printout from their website saying something is allowed, it may help but unfortunately it is no guarantee. Too many of them are on power trips and unwilling to admit they might be wrong about any issue whether it is taking pictures or anything else.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by redtigeriii
Too many of them are on power trips and unwilling to admit they might be wrong about any issue whether it is taking pictures or anything else.
All.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
BOS, terminal B. In the spirit of only using the NoS as a back-up, all the WTMD were roped off, making the NoS both primary and back-up.

The TSO approached me with a lascivious look. As much as I tried to look away, I was simply drawn to him. In dulcet tones, he told me about the various ways he would touch me. I sighed with resignation.

His hands gently slid over my body. How delicately he caressed my buttocks! He came around to my front, slowly, tantalizingly moving up my thigh until he rubbed up against my resistance. I couldn't remember the last time I had been touched like this. His fingers moved inside my waistband as I quivered with anticipation.

And then it was over. He released me, after giving me an experience that I will not soon forget. It took only minutes, but it felt like hours.

Mike
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeef
BOS, terminal B. In the spirit of only using the NoS as a back-up, all the WTMD were roped off, making the NoS both primary and back-up.

The TSO approached me with a lascivious look. As much as I tried to look away, I was simply drawn to him. In dulcet tones, he told me about the various ways he would touch me. I sighed with resignation.

His hands gently slid over my body. How delicately he caressed my buttocks! He came around to my front, slowly, tantalizingly moving up my thigh until he rubbed up against my resistance. I couldn't remember the last time I had been touched like this. His fingers moved inside my waistband as I quivered with anticipation.

And then it was over. He released me, after giving me an experience that I will not soon forget. It took only minutes, but it felt like hours.

Mike
OK. Now I feel like I need to go take a shower. And not a cold one.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
Originally Posted by mikeef

Mike

Who needs Fifty Shades of Gray when we have reports like this?

Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Nude-O-Scope Opt Out Stories [merged]

Was this the AA C/P or the US or AC C/P in B? Just curious, it goes against my experiences at the AA C/P so far this year, though it does seem things have changed since my last trip through.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Silver, AC, DL
Opted out yesterday morning as LAS-DL Elite line... waited maybe a minute (with another opt out behind me!), and was sent through the WTMD to the grope area with an older agent tasked with the pat down... he quickly got my things from the xray belt and brought them to the patdown area, he changed gloves on his own, and said to me "you know the routine, right?", so no discussion of resistance or anything... polite and friendly, and a very quick patdown. NOT what I was expecting! LOL
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:01 pm

Opted out at SMF on Saturday. Routine. Quick. Hated it. Even more so, I really dislike that I automatically thanked each TSO I encountered.

Returning from PHX yesterday, I was determined not to say a word I didn't have to, and I didn't. Waived through the metal detector and I was on my way.

Glad to be home but already dreading my next flight to PHX in Sept. I may have to move my 82 year old, ill mother to Sacramento.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 6:38 pm
Used to be PWMRamper

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Flying PWM-ORD this morning, since I had my badge on I got to go through the WTMD. That's a 50/50 split in the past two months...sometimes they say the badge doesn't matter, other times they practically push me through the WTMD.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by PWMRamper
Flying PWM-ORD this morning, since I had my badge on I got to go through the WTMD. That's a 50/50 split in the past two months...sometimes they say the badge doesn't matter, other times they practically push me through the WTMD.
I'm getting the same thing. If they won't except my badge I just opt out & they feel me up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.