Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2011, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by chollie
Anyone remember the young woman WN threw off a plane because her skirt was too short (it was very very short)? I wonder if she's changed the way she dresses now.
Well, I'm sure you can find longer sheer dresses. Suddenly, the government is going to tell us what to wear or what not to wear?!! Also, once you're done with the security screening, you can put on a cover-up or change. also, the tsa usually makes females take off their jackets and sweaters so if someone complains, the passenger can just say that they were obeying orders and taking off their jacket/cover-up. I'm sure someone can find an almost see-through outfit that meet the government's dress code for travel.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:19 am

Why would she need to change what she wears since TSA wants to see you naked while you are actually wearing clothes. All she had to do was bend over or sit down and it would of had the exact same effect since her skirt was suppose to be so short that it was just to revealing to allow her to remain on the plane.
Old May 20, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: EXP AA, Diamond HH
Originally Posted by mikemey
I agree with this 100%. The RDU TSOs are just about the worst in the country, with the exception of one certain TSO at EWR, but that's another story for another day.
I had to opt out again on Tuesday while flying out of RDU. They literally had a traffic cone in the WTMD to block access. There is one TSO at RDU that is pretty nice and has frisked me multiple times, he saw me and said he would pat me down. I don't get the obsession of using the NoS at RDU.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Lara21
Why would she need to change what she wears since TSA wants to see you naked while you are actually wearing clothes. All she had to do was bend over or sit down and it would of had the exact same effect since her skirt was suppose to be so short that it was just to revealing to allow her to remain on the plane.
It was so short they had to blur her crotch when she sat in a chair on Good Morning America.

It wasn't just your ordinary mini skirt.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Link to YouTube?

Bruce
Old May 20, 2011, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bdschobel
Link to YouTube?

Bruce
How about a photo?

Old May 20, 2011, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Wow, I'm impressed.

Bruce
Old May 20, 2011, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Wow, I'm impressed.

Bruce
You must be a closet TSO.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, I'm impressed.

Bruce
Here's another photo:

She seems like a nice girl to me -- I certainly have no problem with her outfit.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by PTravel
Here's another photo:

She seems like a nice girl to me -- I certainly have no problem with her outfit.
IIRC, that picture is a bit misleading. It's a bit hard to see, but you can tell by the snap on her skirt where the waistband is. I believe the skirt was several inches higher when she tried to board. She pulled it down as far as she could for this picture. Also her top exposed her middle when she tried to board.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Link to YouTube?

Bruce
Here it is from the Today show -

Interview
Old May 20, 2011, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IIRC, that picture is a bit misleading. It's a bit hard to see, but you can tell by the snap on her skirt where the waistband is. I believe the skirt was several inches higher when she tried to board. She pulled it down as far as she could for this picture. Also her top exposed her middle when she tried to board.
I still think she's a nice girl, and I still have no problem with her outfit.
Old May 20, 2011, 1:10 pm

Got randomly selected again at IND yesterday. I was actually allowed to watch my belongings and the a nice old TSA woman moved the barricade so I could watch them better, this was a first at IND. Then the NOS TSA frisker almost hit me when she somehow released the barricade strap.

Then my molester showed up but wanted to leave my stuff on the belt and I didn't want to. So he called a code "Green" and supervisor, my normal shadow (supervisor who usually follows me through the screening) wasn't there. Another passenger tried to take one of my laptops while we were waiting for a supervisor, claiming he was checking to make sure he picked up his correct laptop even though I put my bags and shoes around my laptops to help separate them.

My pat down was quick and actually didn't molest me. I wish the TSA would get their policies straight and make sure all their employees knew them. Other than stupidity of the whole thing, this week was better than most.
Old May 20, 2011, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Lara21
My point was that a female should wear a sheer, almost see through short dress (but not too short and not too tight) with nothing on underneath to TRY TO AVOID the scanner or a very heavy pat-down. Anyone tso with common sense and eyes that work would be able to see that there was nothing hidden underneath. If they complain about the passenger not being "dressed", the passenger could wear a cover-up/jacket over it. They usually make you take off all jackets when you get to the x-ray belt. There is no law against not wearing underwear, especially if you are wearing clothing covering you!!! There is no law against wearing clothing with lace material. There is no law against not wearing a bra!!
Old May 20, 2011, 2:24 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
If someone with two waistbands is getting frisked (someone whose pants are really sagging without the belt/suspenders/hands to hold them up, or just a kid making a bit of a fashion statement whose pants droop below his boxers), which waistband do the screeners stick their hands in?

The outerwear waistband (which may be inches higher than the underwear waistband), the underwear waistband - or both (double your pleasure)?
Let them decide if they want to reach inside and see how far that goes in the public eye

Originally Posted by AngryMiller
Did that once at a gate grope session years ago and was threatened with DYWT.T and possible arrest. Was wearing underwear at the time so it would have been no worse than at the beach.
Bolding mine: Looks like this guy didn't

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.