Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2020, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Chase regularly offers 3-month spending bonuses at chase.com/mybonus.
Chase Spend and Get Offers | My Bonus | Chase.com

These bonuses have the following characteristics:
  • Offers are not visible in your Chase online account. You can view them only through the portal at the link above. Viewing an offer automatically registers your card for it.
  • Offers are individually targeted. You may receive a different offer, or none at all, on a card type for which another FTer reports a bonus.
  • A given card will have, at most, one applicable bonus offer at a time.
  • Offers are typically for higher multiples of miles/points per dollar spent. Note that when an offer is for “10x on gas spend,” that means 10 points or miles per dollar total, including any category bonus native to the relevant card.
    • If you downgrade a qualifying card during an offer period, the offer will still apply, but you will receive only the incremental benefit relative to the new card’s built-in category bonus, if any. For example, the Chase IHG Premier card always earns 5x on dining, so a 10x quarterly offer is worth an extra 5 points/dollar. If you downgrade to the IHG Traveler card (native 3x dining bonus), you will receive 8 total points per dollar (native 3x plus the promotional 5 points/dollar) for spending during the offer period.
    • On very rare occasions, an offer may be for a fixed bonus contingent on the cardholder making a certain number of transactions of a minimum value. (For an early 2022 instance of this—5,000 UR for making 15 purchases of at least $2 each—see this post.)
  • Most offers are for generic categories (gas, grocery, dining, etc.). On occasion, however, an offer may be for purchases with a specific Chase partner using the applicable co-branded card (e.g., United Airlines, Hyatt, IHG) or for a large merchant such as Amazon (Q422).
  • Offers are usually capped at $1500 in spend. In some cases, however, the cap may be higher, e.g., extra miles on up to $6,000 in purchases from United Airlines on a United card.
  • Bonuses are typically for standard quarterly periods, but offers may also run for other three-month periods (e.g., June/July/August). It is generally worth checking on, or even shortly before, the first of each month for any card that doesn’t currently have an associated offer.
    • If you have a Q3 offer, you won’t be able to see any Q4 offer on that card until the Q3 offer expires. That said, Chase may send you an email notification a few days before the cutoff allowing you to view & pre-register for the upcoming offer.
For discussion of “Chase Offers”—short-term (usually <30 days) percentage discounts with specific merchants (not categories)—see "Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards), including the wiki at the top of each page.

Print Wikipost

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2020, 9:59 am

The CSR 5X grocery benefit ends today. Does anyone know if Chase goes by txn or post date? (Ie is it too late to go there and buy some gift cards today?)

also, they posted some new bonus categories for July-Sept, https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...serve-benefits
Old Jun 30, 2020, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by libralibra
The CSR 5X grocery benefit ends today. Does anyone know if Chase goes by txn or post date? (Ie is it too late to go there and buy some gift cards today?)

also, they posted some new bonus categories for July-Sept, https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...serve-benefits
Based on the language of the current offer, I believe it's by transaction date. I can't pull up the terms for the actual 5X grocery bonus that ends today though.

Purchases posted to your account with a transaction date during the offer period are eligible for this offer. Delays by the merchant, such as shipping, could extend the transaction date beyond the offer period.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 2:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by libralibra
The CSR 5X grocery benefit ends today.
RIP 5x for groceries. It was an awesome time. to Chase for implementing this cool promotion.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
RIP 5x for groceries. It was an awesome time. to Chase for implementing this cool promotion.
Yeah groceries was much better than gas. Well, higher natural spend and easier to MS as well. One of the next quarter. Who figured between the sapphire and freedom cards we’d have two sets of quarterly/monthly 5x whack a mole?!
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Who figured between the sapphire and freedom cards we’d have two sets of quarterly/monthly 5x whack a mole?!
Picking a nit, that's Sapphire Reserve. Sapphire Preferred appeared to be 3x on those items where SR was 5x.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 12:16 pm

Has anyone figured out a good way to prepay on Netflix or YoutubeTV for the 10x? Figure I'll keep both for a while so if I can prepay $1500 between the two I'll take the 15k UR points.
Steve in Olympia and Mr. BoH like this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by KristenNYC
Has anyone figured out a good way to prepay on Netflix or YoutubeTV for the 10x? Figure I'll keep both for a while so if I can prepay $1500 between the two I'll take the 15k UR points.
Is that a targeted offer?
Old Jul 3, 2020, 8:43 am

The 10x for streaming is a general offer on the Sapphire Reserve, as I read the link in post 151.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 8:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by txpenny
Is that a targeted offer?
No, available to all CSR cards, see the link above. The ability to buy a year of Netflix is only available in some markets, I saw it in India. In Germany Netflix sells gift cards for 1, 2,3, 6, 12 months of subscription, available at grocery stores
Old Jul 3, 2020, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Looks like dining currently earns 5X on CSR (confirmed by one charge I had on 7/1) and 3X for CSP (per DoC).
Old Jul 4, 2020, 12:09 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Data point on the CSR 10x points on streaming services:

Apple Music is an official service for the 10x points, but like the Amex Platinum streaming credit, it appears Chase isn’t able to distinguish between Apple Music purchases and other App Store / iTunes Store / Apple ID purchases.

In particular, though July 10, it appears Apple is offering a 10% bonus if you add money to your Apple ID account. If you go to the App Store on iPhone and click your picture in the upper right, there is an option to “Add Funds to Apple ID” which should bring up the bonus offer.

It appears the offer is valid for 1 transaction only for up to $200 (so $220 in credit), and I can confirm that the transaction does qualify for the 10x points on CSR, so if you’re a regular spender with Apple online services, it might be worth adding $200 by July 10. Just make sure you set the CSR as your default Apple ID payment card before you make the credit purchase.
Rare, notquiteaff, bryanb and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Chase Sapphire Reserve - 5x on dining

Like has been reported on some of the blogs, I am receiving 5x spending on dining in July - not sure if this is limited to any amount of spend. The extra two points is showing up as "Bonus on Purchases at Restaurants" on the Chase App...
bgriff likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Looks like dining currently earns 5X on CSR (confirmed by one charge I had on 7/1) and 3X for CSP (per DoC).
+1 I saw all my restaurant as well as delivery app purchases over the 4th of July weekend getting 5X on CSR. Maybe they will pull an AMEX and re-call some of the points?
Old Jul 7, 2020, 1:40 am

Programs: DL AA Hilton Hyatt
My 7/3 dining charge earned 3X points for CSR
Old Jul 7, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Looks like it was an error. Maybe they were considering 5x on restaurants then decided to go with gasoline or whatever instead at the last minute, and forgot to change the coding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.