Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
I saw them earlier today on the app, but it also looked like there were some functionality issues at the time (my UR balance wasn't showing, for example).
Old Nov 15, 2020, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
My offers from both the app and desktop site are gone. They were there yesterday. *shrug* Oh well, not like the ones I had were really useful.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by econ
I saw them earlier today on the app, but it also looked like there were some functionality issues at the time (my UR balance wasn't showing, for example).
It's Sunday, the Chase website often goes a little wonky on Sundays. Presume they're doing maintenance/updates/etc.
mia likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 7:56 pm

Offers are showing up for me as usual on both the website and iOS app.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 10:15 am
Original Member

Does anyone know where the Chase offers went? Can't find them on my dashboard.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 11:12 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
FWIW, I have the legacy IHG MasterCard and newer World of Hyatt Visa and have registered for various current offers on both; I stopped seeing them and any new ones over this past weekend.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 2:55 pm

I can't see the offers via iPhone browser, computer browser, or the app. Lowes deal expires in 3 days and I don't remember which cards had it!
AsiaTraveler likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by sggolf
Does anyone know where the Chase offers went? Can't find them on my dashboard.
Same here. Mine have disappeared.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 5:03 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
FWIW I still see them in the Android app, and in the desktop website. It could be that some subset of their servers are having issues so depending which "slice" your browser gets assigned to? For those able to, maybe try a different network (if on mobile, connect to wifi or vice versa, try a VPN?) Or the usual last resort. try clearing your cookies (when you run out of other ideas...)
Old Nov 16, 2020, 5:39 pm

Lol, thought I am the only one.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
I can't see the offers via iPhone browser, computer browser, or the app. Lowes deal expires in 3 days and I don't remember which cards had it!
I have the Lowe's offer on my IHG Select card, of all things. None of my other cards have it (CF, CFU, CSR, Amazon).
Old Nov 17, 2020, 10:46 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I'm now seeing the Chase Offers via the Apple mobile app; so strange!
Old Nov 28, 2020, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lowes 10% capped at $19 offer returned. On an IHG card it had the one capped at $13 that we had used shortly before expiration. In less than 2 weeks the same 10% offer return with a $19 cap... Last go round 2 IHG and 1 regular Freedom saw the $13 cap offer - we did a 3-way split payments at Lowes to use all 3 offers in one transaction. Now 1 IHG sees the $19 cap offer Hope to see the other 2 cards also would see the better offer, too. New expiration date is 45 days away.

There are many offers on CSR. Unfortunately none of them is useful to us.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 4:18 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Hyatt domestic 10% off on $100+, capped at $25 back (expires Jan 7)
SanDiego1K and Thysk like this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Chase is making a targeted "My Bonus" offer on multiple card types.

https://www.chase.com/mybonus

"You'll earn 5 total miles for every $1 you spend on up to $1,500 in combined purchases at grocery stores, gas stations and drugstores from January 1 through March 31, 2021."

It was mentioned on the Chase MileagePlus Explorer Card thread in the UA forum.

Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)

I got it to work on my pre-2018 Chase Marriott Bonv°y Visa Card, and my wife's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.