Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
About how long are people noticing it takes for offers to show up as "Redeemed"? I added a few (e.g. Alaska, IHG, Marriott) to my CSR before making purchases this week. They still show up as "Added" and I haven't otherwise seen any indication that the purchases matched up with the offers.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by nookanaya
About how long are people noticing it takes for offers to show up as "Redeemed"? I added a few (e.g. Alaska, IHG, Marriott) to my CSR before making purchases this week. They still show up as "Added" and I haven't otherwise seen any indication that the purchases matched up with the offers.
IME the feedback loop is not nearly as tight as it is with AMEX. A week or more is not unusual and in one case I think over a month.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Originally Posted by Zorak
IME the feedback loop is not nearly as tight as it is with AMEX. A week or more is not unusual and in one case I think over a month.
Cool, thank you. I'll just keep an eye on it then.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
My CSP card has been un-enrolled in this program, it doesn't show up in the app and I get Chase Offers is not available on the website. My 2 other cards are fine.

The only offer I took advantage of was the AirBnB 5% back which I maxed out the $28 back. Anyone else had a similar issue?
I'm having this issue with my Hyatt Card. I still get offers on my CSR, Freedom, Freedom unlimited and checking account. I didn't use the AirBnB offer, but I did use the Starbucks offer.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by TravelBlerd
I'm having this issue with my Hyatt Card. I still get offers on my CSR, Freedom, Freedom unlimited and checking account. I didn't use the AirBnB offer, but I did use the Starbucks offer.
It corrected itself in about a month.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Issue With Alaska Airlines Offer

Hi all,

Wanted to see what people think about this situation;

Had an Alaska airlines special offer where it stated you could get 10% back on Alaska Airlines flights when you spend $50 or more (up to $31 back), using my Chase card.

As a result, I booked my wife and I a flight for $300. Problem is, Alaska airlines posted the transaction as two amounts on my statement, despite the email confirmation showing one transaction of $300. Due to this, I only got $14 and change back.

When I called the customer service today I was brushed off and told there is nothing they can do and that is that. I then asked why do they not publish that this is technically for a one-person transaction and the agent got all pissy. Needless to say, didn't get anywhere.

Am I right in thinking that this offer/ad is a bit misleading? I booked, using the card based on the details given. Or I am wrong to be pissed here? At this point it's not even about the money, it is the principal.

Welcome any thoughts/feedback.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Yeah, US airlines using ARC typically post one ticket per charge. I see your point, but the only card that sometimes goes across multiple transactions for offers is AmEx.

You tried to get them to adjust and they said no. I don't have any prior evidence that further request would be successful.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rasheed
Yeah, US airlines using ARC typically post one ticket per charge. I see your point, but the only card that sometimes goes across multiple transactions for offers is AmEx.

You tried to get them to adjust and they said no. I don't have any prior evidence that further request would be successful.
Surly that should be posted on the ad then? The fact that the offer is for one person?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
True. I would put the blame with Cardlytics honestly on the offer setup knowing how airline transactions typically work. I would let them know on the details of what happened here. I know we can say Chase is responsible, but if Chase is not willing to work with Cardlytics for you then there is not much to be done here. The fact they are not doing multiple transaction support is something they could push Chase on.

https://www.cardlytics.com/contact-us/
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: US Airways DM Silver, United Mileage Plus
Hi I have a question. I just made a purchase online yesterday with a merchant who had a 20% cashback offer. However, I'm thinking of returning that order and re-ordering today again. Does anyone know what happens to the credit after you return your order? Does Chase take back the credit if the order is refunded? I'm not sure if I would get the credit again for my second offer even if the first order is refunded. Thanks, I appreciate your help.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 1:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mrwise
Hi I have a question. I just made a purchase online yesterday with a merchant who had a 20% cashback offer. However, I'm thinking of returning that order and re-ordering today again. Does anyone know what happens to the credit after you return your order? Does Chase take back the credit if the order is refunded? I'm not sure if I would get the credit again for my second offer even if the first order is refunded. Thanks, I appreciate your help.
Superficially, no, I've had a return* and the credit remained. I don't know if repeatedly doing this would cause a red flag though. And if you buy it again right away that can't hurt.

*it was kind of comical, I had a small legit purchase in-store, and added a gift card to get over the limit for an offer. For reason the gift card failed to activate, so the clerk refunded the gift card only and tried processing it again. It failed a second time, and he said they'd been having issues, and I gave up. My account activity looked something like

charged $64.xx
refund $60
charged $60
refund $60
statement credit for whatever

I have since bought other stuff although not coming close to $60.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: US Airways DM Silver, United Mileage Plus
Thanks Zorak, I decided to play it safe and not cancel my order..the credit was a decent amount, so don't want to mess it up
Old Nov 26, 2019, 1:28 pm

Last week I bought two Amazon gift cards of $133 each with two separate Chase offers for 15% back at Lowes ($20 max) and received a notification of both of my credits the day after the charges went off pending. The proper credit amounts were added into the "total earned to date" in the green circle in the upper left corner of the chase offers page for each card.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:54 am

Anyone that used the BJ'S offers on the business cards, did you get the credit yet? I used mine last Friday and nothing yet.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
I tried to use the Westin offer but ran into an issue. My reservation showed that the hotel would charge a $49 destination fee, but in the end they didn’t charge the fee. Normally hate these fees but this was a work trip and didn’t protest and the hotel made no mention of waiving. In any case, NOT charging the fee made my total $220, or $30 under the $250 minimum for getting the credit.

Anyone know if the $250 has to be done in one transaction or whether separate transactions that add up to the minimum count? The terms state one time only, but that seems to refer to one credit only and isn’t clear whether you have to reach the max in one transaction. Would be fine with going to a Westin and getting a GC or buying a drink to get the credit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.