Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2020, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi
I'll be the DP - had an amazon fresh offer I saw after I submitted the fresh order. but before it posted... i added the promo , and the delivery is scheduled tomorrow (in my experience , fresh orders are pending until delivery is made). will let you know if i get the credit.
Yes, you can add the Chase offer while a charge is shown as “pending,” and you will receive the credit at some point after the charge actually posts. I have done this several times.
levilevi likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi
I'll be the DP - had an amazon fresh offer I saw after I submitted the fresh order. but before it posted... i added the promo , and the delivery is scheduled tomorrow (in my experience , fresh orders are pending until delivery is made). will let you know if i get the credit.
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Yes, you can add the Chase offer while a charge is shown as “pending,” and you will receive the credit at some point after the charge actually posts. I have done this several times.
Steve is right - confirmed!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 5:42 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Can anyone say from experience whether the IHG 10% discount offer (on a CSR, in case that's relevant) will kick in on an Ambassador purchase or renewal? TIA.

Last edited by IMH; Sep 23, 2020 at 12:07 am Reason: spelling
Old Sep 22, 2020, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
10% at Groupon up to $6 back.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:25 pm

Three of my cards show 10 percent back at Lowe’s, up to $13.

Hint: Lowe’s sells lots of third-party gift cards, including Amazon.
Jm192 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 12:49 pm

Received an offer via email for 10% back on a Hyatt stay for my Hyatt card with instructions to log into Chase Offers to claim. When logging into Chase Offers, I can browse offers for all cards, except my Hyatt card. The Hyatt card does not appear on the list. Any ideas? Phone agent was not helpful.

I do have other cards that I can select that display no offers, so there must be some reason why the Hyatt card is not showing at all.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:21 pm

try the Chase app on iphone and again on ipad.
chase.com changes lately have been buggy.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Colin
try the Chase app on iphone and again on ipad.
chase.com changes lately have been buggy.
No go..guess I'll forget about it
Old Nov 6, 2020, 9:45 am

I had the $50 Comcast Xfinity offer in my account and after I completed the purchase the offer has now disappeared (it's not showing as available, expired, or redeemed). Chase says they have no record of the offer and are unwilling to offer me the $50. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Old Nov 10, 2020, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Received an offer for 25% additional redemption value for any Apple product purchases. Not sure if this is really the best value of my remaining UR points vs keeping them for travel. I’ve historically used the points to cover the cost gap between domestic coach and first class tickets.

Any thoughts?

If I do cash out all of my points, I would probably close my Ink Business Plus account altogether and look for something new because I only opened this account years ago to take advantage of the 5x points for the old Visa gift cards at Office Depot and that program is long dead.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 9:14 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The ability to see the targeted offers by card seems to have disappeared from the mobile app and website; anyone else seeing the same thing?
Old Nov 15, 2020, 10:32 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
The ability to see the targeted offers by card seems to have disappeared from the mobile app and website; anyone else seeing the same thing?
Not me -- I was able to view and add offers to a card just now via the Android app.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 10:48 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Interesting; I'm not seeing them at the bottom of the main screen of the iOS/Apple app. Thanks for your report.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 1:15 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
I just checked my account on the app and website and do not see the offers either.

Last edited by xichang08; Nov 17, 2020 at 3:25 am Reason: Mine are now showing up as usual.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 3:26 pm
Community Director Emerita

I checked my account on my phone and see the offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.