Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Many of you got the 10% Rite Aid offer that expires really soon. It is stackable with the 30% off at Rite Aid. The way it works is that you either get the 30% off or the sale price, whichever is lower. Many Rite Aid do have a $1 item section now as well.

https://www.riteaid.com/friendsandfamily
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Just saw 25% cashback at Five Guys - really thought I'd been hallucinating!
i received a 40% off up to $12. I haven't eaten at Five Guys in ages may just stop by next week.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:58 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I noticed that the latest version of the Dunkin' rebate had terms that prohibited a mobile app reload. In the past, the reload has worked. This time it did not. No credit after 5 weeks.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Namaste1
i received a 40% off up to $12. I haven't eaten at Five Guys in ages may just stop by next week.
I bought a gift card for down the road
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I haven't gotten these high value Five Guys offer, but I did get an Old Navy offer for the first time (10%). It was only placed on the debit cards though. Makes no sense, but I guess that is how the account assignment algorithm was done.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rasheed
I haven't gotten these high value Five Guys offer, but I did get an Old Navy offer for the first time (10%). It was only placed on the debit cards though. Makes no sense, but I guess that is how the account assignment algorithm was done.
I have no debit cards. I have 4 personal credit cards with Chase, and it's been giving me lots of offers on the one Chase personal credit card I opened this year, and zero ("use this card then check back for offers") until lately on the other 3. Now the other 3 personal credit cards got a couple offers (without me "using the card"), including that Old Navy 10% offer.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My Marriott card gives me the best offers, IHG fewer (though 10% Starbucks vs. Marriott 5%), and my debit card has never had any offers; then again, I think I've only used it non-ATM a couple of times for promotions.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
My CSP card has been un-enrolled in this program, it doesn't show up in the app and I get Chase Offers is not available on the website. My 2 other cards are fine.

The only offer I took advantage of was the AirBnB 5% back which I maxed out the $28 back. Anyone else had a similar issue?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:27 pm

Wife's CSP has offers live.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
10% off Southwest purchase of $50 or more, up to $38 maximum offer.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Can you still get any offers on business cards, specifically Inks? If so, how do you see them? I have a personal login and a biz login where the biz login has all my personal cards as well, but I can't see any offers on that profile, even for the personal cards that have them on the other profile.

Would be awesome to get the Staples offer on the Ink Cash :-)
Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
15% of domestic Sheraton stays till 11/22/19 showing up now....max $33.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
We received 35% back from Olive Garden with a $28 maximum on our CSR and CF. The offer expires 11/21/2019. The purchase amount needed to take maximum advantage of this offer is $80. We've never eaten there and don't plan to with this offer but we will purchase their gift card at the restaurant and use it at their other restaurants within the same group (Darden).

https://www.darden.com/restaurants/our-brands
Old Oct 24, 2019, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Namaste1
We've never eaten there and don't plan to with this offer but we will purchase their gift card at the restaurant and use it at their other restaurants within the same group (Darden).
This is a pro move here! Bravo.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 7:15 am

A Chase Offer from Lowe’s showed up on most of my Chase cards today: 10 percent back, up to $13, good through Nov. 22. They carry quite a few gift cards, including Amazon.

On one card, the offer is 15 percent, up to $20.

Last edited by Steve in Olympia; Oct 24, 2019 at 10:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.