Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Pretty sure an AC Hotels stay in Spain triggered a similar offer for me last year.
TravelBrighter likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Another data point, I successfully used an Autograph Collection offer in Canada in November.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by TravelBrighter
I've got the same Sheraton offer on my Sapphire Reserve. Does anyone know if this will work outside the United States? Specifically, I'll be at a Sheraton in Canada during the offer period, and I can't find anything in the fine print.
Had success multiple times in the past year of outside US stays at Marriott hotels (including at least one Sheraton) triggering these types of credits.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 9:55 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Just got another round of Starbucks offers, expiring at the end of April, this time maximum of 10% back on $30 spend.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Just got another round of Starbucks offers, expiring at the end of April, this time maximum of 10% back on $30 spend.
Thanks - I got them on three cards, including my CSR and CFU, and as far as I recall, app purchases code as dining on those cards, so 3X.
MDtR-Chicago likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Thanks - I got them on three cards, including my CSR and CFU, and as far as I recall, app purchases code as dining on those cards, so 3X.
got a couple also.

Sbux seems to count as dining for in-person transactions as well (though honestly, didn’t even note the terms for this round to double check if the offer works in-person and online).
Old Apr 21, 2024, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emcampbe

Sbux seems to count as dining for in-person transactions as well (though honestly, didn’t even note the terms for this round to double check if the offer works in-person and online).
It should work for in-store purchases, but…

”Earn 10% back on all of your Starbucks app purchases, or earn 5% back on all other transactions, until a $3.00 cash back maximum is reached. ”
Old Apr 22, 2024, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
It should work for in-store purchases, but…

”Earn 10% back on all of your Starbucks app purchases, or earn 5% back on all other transactions, until a $3.00 cash back maximum is reached. ”
I only received a Starbucks offer on my CSR, but my offer percentage and limit are higher:

"Earn 15% back on all of your Starbucks app purchases, or earn 10% back on all other transactions, until a $4.50 cash back maximum is reached."

I've never used a previous Starbucks offer (I've received them before), and I don't have the app. I guess it should work at Starbucks Reserve locations too (even though the one time I went, I found the prices to be really high, even for NYC).
MDtR-Chicago and notquiteaff like this.
Old May 1, 2024, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
So, just noticed I have zero offers on my CSR anymore.

I suspect this is due to me having the card/number replaced due to suspected fraud last week (I reported, and card was ordered on Friday, and arrived Monday). Is this likely the reason, and anyone know how long it should take to have offers appear? I also assume my existing history on the account will dictate the offers which I get, but given they aren;'t there now, not convinced about that either at the moment.

A PITA, since my CSR often generated the best offers of my multiple Chase accounts. Will really be a PITA if the offers are based like its a 'new' account, as I suspect that'll take time to build up the relevant offers.
Old May 1, 2024, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
So, just noticed I have zero offers on my CSR anymore.

I suspect this is due to me having the card/number replaced due to suspected fraud last week (I reported, and card was ordered on Friday, and arrived Monday). Is this likely the reason, and anyone know how long it should take to have offers appear? I also assume my existing history on the account will dictate the offers which I get, but given they aren;'t there now, not convinced about that either at the moment.

A PITA, since my CSR often generated the best offers of my multiple Chase accounts. Will really be a PITA if the offers are based like its a 'new' account, as I suspect that'll take time to build up the relevant offers.
Once you start using your new card on a regular basis, the offers will return to normal levels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.