Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2024, 10:41 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
It seems that the offer is meant for only one transaction. It doesn’t explicitly say that, but includes this blurb:
I think it's always the case, at least for the hotel-related promos that I tend to pay attention to (not sure about stuff other than hotels).
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:02 pm

The Chase Offer for 5% back on Kroger/Fred Meyer fuel purchases is back, through April 20.

Fred Meyer Fuel

Success Added to card

Offer details

Earn 5% cash back on your Fred Meyer Fuel purchase, with a $3.50 cash back maximum.
Save BIG at the pump every time you fuel up at one of Fred Meyer Fuel Centers with Fuel Points!
Offer expires 4/20/2024. Offer valid one time only. Payment must be made directly with the merchant. Offer not valid on purchases made using third-party services, delivery services, or a third-party payment account (e.g., buy now pay later). Offer not valid on in-store, convenience, tobacco alcohol, or lottery purchases. Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date. Offer only valid on Fred Meyer Fuel and Kroger-branded Fuel Center purchases. Offer not valid on other Fred Meyer Fuel purchases or sister brand Fuel centers.
5% cash back
On a gas purchase

Expires on April 20, 2024
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:32 pm

In addition to the Kroger/Fred Meyer fuel offer, some of my Chase cards have the same 5% offer on Fred Meyer groceries (and gift cards are NOT excluded).

Fred Meyer

Success Added to card

Offer details

Earn 5% cash back on your Fred Meyer purchase, with a $4.50 cash back maximum.
At Fred Meyer, it’s easy to save big, no matter how you shop. We believe in fresh for everyone.

Plus, with free pickup and delivery when you spend $35*, you’ll get the same great prices online as in-store. We offer 100% satisfaction with your online order, or we'll make it right. That’s a win-win!
Offer expires 4/20/2024. Offer valid one time only. Payment must be made directly with the merchant. *Free pickup on orders of $35 or more. Pickup and delivery where available. Restrictions apply. See site for details. Offer not valid on Delivery Now, Fuel or Ship orders. Offer not valid on purchases made using third-party services, delivery services, or a third-party payment account (e.g., buy now pay later). Offer not valid on pharmacy, tobacco, alcohol, or lottery purchases. Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date.
5% cash back
Get up to $4.50 back

Expires on April 20, 2024
Old Mar 30, 2024, 1:56 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
On multiple cards including my CSR, Southwest Airlines 10% up to $40 back

DirecTV $30 back on spend of $69.99+
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
The relatively frequent Bonvoy brand offers have started again. My UA Explorer card has 10% off Element and 4Points so far, my CSR just 4Points. Ends 5/23, $57 max rebate, $100 min spend. Based on past experience I would expect additional brands to trickle in.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:35 pm

Some of the higher end brands have popped up ($50 off of $250 for JW Marriott, Luxury Collection, W Hotels) along with the usual on my CSR. I'm pretty sure this is the first time that these brands are in my offers.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
The relatively frequent Bonvoy brand offers have started again. My UA Explorer card has 10% off Element and 4Points so far, my CSR just 4Points. Ends 5/23, $57 max rebate, $100 min spend. Based on past experience I would expect additional brands to trickle in.
In addition to Element and 4P, some of the other usual suspects have shown up for me on various cards such as Sheraton, TPS, Le Meridien, and AC. I have not seen the luxury brands such as W, JWM, or Luxury Collection yet.
SPN Lifer and notquiteaff like this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by future elite
Some of the higher end brands have popped up ($50 off of $250 for JW Marriott, Luxury Collection, W Hotels)
That sounds more like what Amex offers. Chase is often a percentage discount instead...
Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by escape4
That sounds more like what Amex offers. Chase is often a percentage discount instead...

Yes, I now have 10% across a whole bunch of brands. I don’t know that I will be able to use any of them this time around.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by escape4
Here's a screenshot with the 10% for the normal brands (I also have the AC and Four Points but they're not in this screenshot) and the $50 off for the brands I mentioned.

The text for the Luxury Collection offer:

Offer details

Earn a $50 statement credit on your Luxury Collection stay when you spend $250 or more.
Explore the world with The Luxury Collection, a member of the Marriott Bonvoy hotel portfolio. From local traditions to captivating adventures, our hotels offer a gateway to the world’s most exciting and desirable destinations – each inspiring a thousand stories tied to the transformative experiences that make each locale unforgettable. Go There with Marriott Bonvoy.

Offer expires 5/23/2024. Offer valid one time only. Complete payment for your stay must be made by 5/23/2024. Offer not valid on purchases made using third-party services, delivery services, or a third-party payment account (e.g., buy now pay later). Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 8:54 pm

Here's a screenshot with the 10% for the normal brands (I also have the AC and Four Points but they're not in this screenshot) and the $50 off for the brands I mentioned.

Thanks for sharing. I have not seen this discount structure before from Chase
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 10:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I'm seeing contradictory terms in an offer I have for The Children's Place for 10% back up to $8.

Offer Details: Earn 10% back on all your purchases from the The Children's Place until an $8 maximum is reached.
I read this as meaning that you can make multiple purchases up to a total of $80 in purchases and you will get the $8 in credit as per the offer details.

However in the Disclaimer it states that it is possible merchant may split your charge in which case you only get a credit on the first charge and to call the number on the back of your card if that happens. But what if you intentionally make separate purchases? You only get the credit on the first charge even though the details say you get back for "all" purchases?
Old Apr 16, 2024, 10:32 am

Has anyone ever tried to have an offer moved from one card to another?
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG, WN A-List

I've got the same Sheraton offer on my Sapphire Reserve. Does anyone know if this will work outside the United States? Specifically, I'll be at a Sheraton in Canada during the offer period, and I can't find anything in the fine print. If the cashback won't work, I'd rather put it on my Bonvoy card for the points
Old Apr 19, 2024, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TravelBrighter
I've got the same Sheraton offer on my Sapphire Reserve. Does anyone know if this will work outside the United States? Specifically, I'll be at a Sheraton in Canada during the offer period, and I can't find anything in the fine print. If the cashback won't work, I'd rather put it on my Bonvoy card for the points
it should. I just used some offers out of country. Actually stayed at Sheraton YYZ and successfully used the $120 off $300 [Amex] Marriott offer at Sheraton YYZ (which made the difference between me staying here and elsewhere - that hotel was extremely convenient for our late-night, T3 arrival at YYZ, but I almost always stay just off-airport or at Alt because the $400+/nihht at Sheraton is just too much), and also used the Chase Le Meridien 10% of in Mexico City.
TravelBrighter likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.