Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

First I heard of Chase Offer I saw on: http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....371.1488278343

Its pretty much similar to amex offers but with your Chase Marriott. I can't find any info about this but I like it since I recently got my Chase Marriott card. I would actually use some of the offers.
MDtR-Chicago and Diplomatico like this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
And Chase's slash and burn pursuit of AMEX continues.....
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Chase Offers appears to be available on the business version of the Marriott Rewards card as well. I was able to create an account and add offers to my business card.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Signed up for the Whole Foods and Nordstrom offers. They're pretty generous.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:51 pm

Some datapoints:
Bought Nordstrom gift cards online. It shows pending on my statement as CS *NORDSTROM GIFT CAR and I did not get an email confirmation about using my offer.
Bought Amazon gift cards in-store at Staples. Immediately got an email saying the credit would post in 3-10 days. Will report back.

Edit: No statement credit yet, but I got this email from Chase:

Last edited by penner42; Nov 17, 2017 at 7:51 am
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Chase Marriott Rewards

I've added Starbucks 10% back (usual restrictions against supermarket, airport, etc. locations), as well as $10 back on a single $40 Etsy purchase. There's an item I want there for $15 + $5 shipping, so will look for another as well. Unfortunately, no PayPal transactions, which code as ... well ... PayPal instead. I'm hoping that shipping and tax qualify, so that's it's $40 net final charge, as with Amex and B of A schemes.

Also added Whole Foods $10 back on a single $25 minimum transaction.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Jan 12, 2018 at 12:07 pm
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
And Chase's slash and burn pursuit of AMEX continues.....
They have been pretty darned successful at it
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:05 pm

Looks like you can add multiple cards to a single account - can you redeem an offer on both, or do you have to put them on separate accounts?

Also - any idea what the procedure is when a statement credit doesn't post?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
At present, I'm finding that Chase offers are more relevant to me than Amex sync ones. Also, I like that Chase sends a confirming email when the credit is actually applied, not just triggered.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
At present, I'm finding that Chase offers are more relevant to me than Amex sync ones. Also, I like that Chase sends a confirming email when the credit is actually applied, not just triggered.
Me too. Hoping this expands beyond Marriott card here at some point soon
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:46 am

Any data points on Whole Foods being in one purchase or over time?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by levilevi
Any data points on Whole Foods being in one purchase or over time?
Which exact Whole Foods offer?

At Amex (where they've been offered for a long time), some have been one purchase and others have been cumulative purchases. You always need to read the T&Cs, and then if you're still not sure, post the T&Cs here for us to evaluate.

And not necessarily does everyone have the same offers.

The one that Points Scrounger mentioned a few posts above:

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Also added Whole Foods $10 back on a single $25 minimum transaction.
that's clearly on a single transaction. (I just waited until they had a sale on non-perishable and/or frozen stuff I wanted to stock up on so that I could do a single purchase. But I used up mine a couple months ago, so I'm not sure if the one I used is the one you would see currently.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 17, 2018 at 10:40 am
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:33 am

Yeah - I saw that, the terms on mine are a little ambiguous, but I've actually spent two transcations separates over $25 in the last week, with nothing, so I'm just going to get some stuff like you said non-perishables on sale, to get it:

$10 back on your next purchase of $25 or more
Limit 1 per activation/account. See full terms.
Terms and Conditions
Must use registered Chase Marriott Visa card. Valid for in-store or online purchase of $25 or more. Not valid on gift card purchases. Not all merchant locations may be monitored by Visa. Limit 1 $10 statement credit redemption per activation/account.

Separately, whats the notification system like on these? Instant/near instant email like Amex or delayed or just a credit shows up whenever?

Last edited by mia; Feb 18, 2018 at 10:56 am
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by levilevi
Yeah - I saw that, the terms on mine are a little ambiguous, but I've actually spent two transcations separates over $25 in the last week, with nothing, so I'm just going to get some stuff like you said non-perishables on sale, to get it:

$10 back on your next purchase of $25 or more
Limit 1 per activation/account. See full terms.
Terms and Conditions
Must use registered Chase Marriott Visa card. Valid for in-store or online purchase of $25 or more. Not valid on gift card purchases. Not all merchant locations may be monitored by Visa. Limit 1 $10 statement credit redemption per activation/account.
Read that carefully. It says "purchase" (singular) in both places. That is the big clue that it has to be one purchase.

To me, because I look at the grammar carefully, I see nothing ambiguous about your T&Cs.

When an offer allows accumulated spend, it'll say something "$10 back on purchases of $25 or more" (plural "purchases"), or maybe even "$10 back on $25 or more in total purchases".

If you don't look at the grammar carefully, you run the danger of misinterpreting promos. The details are often spelled out only in the grammar!
levilevi likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:18 pm

Does not seem to work on Ritz Carlton cards. (Before there are any snarky remarks, Ritz Carlton is part of Marriott.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.