Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:30 am

I made some Lowe’s purchases about 4 days ago with some cards loaded with the offer. When can I expect to see the credit? Statement close?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I made some Lowe’s purchases about 4 days ago with some cards loaded with the offer. When can I expect to see the credit? Statement close?
My credits posted independently of statement dates. Took about 11 or 12 days, I think.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by rasheed

We don't know. Good news, it is not a one-time use offer. The 10% version indicates up to $3.00 rebate on all purchases before deadline. So spend $30 or until deadline is hit. So, you can do a small test reload to see if you get the bonus. I have used the identical offer on AmEx and BofA, but always for in-store purchases.
Doing small test transactions seems like a lot of work for $3. I was at Starbucks buying a $20 gift card, and I also reloaded $10 to my own account. Got my $3 after about a week. Since I would have used that card (the CSR) anyway, the $3 was "free" money for me. But so far I'm not impressed with Chase offers; Amex offers have always been much more lucrative. I mean I have a 5% offer for Panera worth up to $1 max. A whole dollar!
krazykanuck and Yoshi212 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by flockavelliFT

This even posted although my charges from the hotel were >400$. Off to a good start with Chase Offers!
Has anyone tried using ChaseOffers on an international booking with one of these partners? ie Marriott but outside the US. T&C have no mention of geographic limitations like the Amex Offers always do,
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:56 pm

I’m looking at the Airbnb and Hyatt offers but they mention a complete stay as a requirement. Does anyone know if this is a real thing, how anyone can take advantage of the offer and then stay during the busiest time of the year seems impossible ? Does anyone think the offers will work for a future booking ? Furthermore the Hyatt offer gives a price range to qualify which seems stupid, I can understand them limiting the refund amount but why qualify it with a price range ?

was thinking about perhaps booking one day and then creating a booking for the other days. Has anyone successfully worked around terms like these ?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:45 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by choff5507
....why qualify it with a price range ?

...Has anyone successfully worked around terms like these ?
I think that is reported here:

Originally Posted by flockavelliFT

This even posted although my charges from the hotel were >400$. Off to a good start with Chase Offers![/LEFT]
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rasheed
Has anyone used a mobile wallet in-person (such as Apple Pay or Samsung Pay) and had a deal work?
Can confirm that the cash back posted. Took about a week. I never did receive an email, but as long as it works it doesn't matter. ^
rasheed likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:44 am
soy

Programs: various
ughh, all offers disappeared from the app. Yesterday I had them on all cards except Hyatt, today nada.
Hopefully temporary technical issues with the app, but would be a lot easier if also accessible via the website
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, looks like Chase did send an email this morning after all, complete with "your statement credit will be applied to your account in 7-14 business days" wording. Seems a bit off considering that it was already applied, but eh.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tmiw
Actually, looks like Chase did send an email this morning after all, complete with "your statement credit will be applied to your account in 7-14 business days" wording. Seems a bit off considering that it was already applied, but eh.
I haven't received any emails from them, though the $12 rebate posted on each Freedom card about a week after buying a $200 VGC. Not a great rate of return after the $5 activation fee, but almost enough cash to buy a 6 pack of beer ^ I have a Lowe's right by my house otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered.

I wish I had that Marriott one any of my cards though since I had a work reimbursed stay last week I could have used it on.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I haven't received any emails from them, though the $12 rebate posted on each Freedom card about a week after buying a $200 VGC. Not a great rate of return after the $5 activation fee, but almost enough cash to buy a 6 pack of beer ^ I have a Lowe's right by my house otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered.

I wish I had that Marriott one any of my cards though since I had a work reimbursed stay last week I could have used it on.
Yeah, I wouldn't go out of my way to redeem any of these, but if you're already going to a particular merchant for whatever reason, why not?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:12 pm

Despite the fine print that the current Walgreens offer excludes purchases of gift cards, I have received statement credits on four accounts for purchases of Amazon gift cards.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:19 pm

Is anyone getting any chase offers for the Ink cards?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Is anyone getting any chase offers for the Ink cards?
Nope. Not here.
levilevi likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:34 am

I've been trying to sign in to view my offers but it says I have no internet connection . Which is not true as I have signed in before as well as I can sign into the Chase Pay app no problem . Ideas...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.