Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2023, 9:34 am

In addition to the fuel offer, I have also received this Chase Offer for all Fred Meyer purchases. Gift cards are not excluded!

Fred Meyer

Success Added to card

Offer details

Earn 5% cash back on your Fred Meyer purchase, with a $4.50 cash back maximum.
At Fred Meyer, get all the fresh food you want at a great price. We believe in fresh for everyone.

Plus, with online shopping it's easy to get groceries. Get free pickup on orders of $35 or more.* Or choose delivery, and we’ll bring the groceries to your door.
Offer expires 2/2/2024. Offer valid one time only. Payment must be made directly with the merchant. Offer not valid on purchases made using third-party services, delivery services, or a third-party payment account (e.g., buy now pay later). Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date. Offer not valid on tobacco, alcohol, lottery or pharmacy purchases. Offer not valid on app-made, Delivery Now, or Ship orders. *FREE pickup on orders of $35 or more. Restrictions may apply.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 10:20 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by escape4
On my side, recently it's "all offers not paying out" rather than "some offers not paying out"
I'm in the world of "everything is eventually paying out but the email acknowledgements are trickling in at random times, sometimes comically later"...
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 12:26 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I'm in the world of "everything is eventually paying out but the email acknowledgements are trickling in at random times, sometimes comically later"...
How much later? Weeks or months?
Old Dec 22, 2023, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
IME, for as long as I can recall using offers, emails have always ranged from immediate to days later to never show up (Amex offers is similar in terms of they are not consistent - sometimes immediate and sometimes a couple of days later, but I usually get them at some point.

I just had a YouTube TV offer pay out 4 days after it charged my card, which is pretty standard from my experience historically for Chase offers.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 12:16 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by escape4
How much later? Weeks or months?
Weeks... sometimes well after the credit posts...

But, at least for me, everything eventually posts.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:21 pm

Love Travel stop 5% max $1.50 is not worth the time and effort.

10% max $50 for Solo fire pits and outdoor accessories. This one is tempting
Old Jan 1, 2024, 1:45 pm

[bent]
TGarza likes this.

Last edited by beltway; Apr 11, 2024 at 8:08 pm
Old Jan 2, 2024, 7:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by beltway
Now that it’s the new year, time to check for new & expired offers, as well as ones extended past 12/31 [...]
On New Year's Day, I saw I had one offer (Holiday Inn Express, I believe) extended from Dec 31 to Jan 03. What surprised me was that it was tagged as New in the list of offers.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 8:38 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by serpens
On New Year's Day, I saw I had one offer (Holiday Inn Express, I believe) extended from Dec 31 to Jan 03. What surprised me was that it was tagged as New in the list of offers.

I saw a bunch of those tagged as new on my preferred. I ignored them
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by serpens
Originally Posted by RedElmo
I saw a bunch of those tagged as new on my preferred. I ignored them
I, too, had a slew of offers for various IHG brands up to 12/31, and then got a batch of ridiculous new short-fuse offers like these on 1/1. I get that January is a slow travel month, but why bother presenting a 2- or 3-day offer instead of holding it open for a few weeks?
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
In addition to the fuel offer, I have also received this Chase Offer for all Fred Meyer purchases. Gift cards are not excluded!

Fred Meyer

Success Added to card

Offer details

Earn 5% cash back on your Fred Meyer purchase, with a $4.50 cash back maximum.
At Fred Meyer, get all the fresh food you want at a great price. We believe in fresh for everyone.

Plus, with online shopping it's easy to get groceries. Get free pickup on orders of $35 or more.* Or choose delivery, and we’ll bring the groceries to your door.
Offer expires 2/2/2024. Offer valid one time only. Payment must be made directly with the merchant. Offer not valid on purchases made using third-party services, delivery services, or a third-party payment account (e.g., buy now pay later). Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date. Offer not valid on tobacco, alcohol, lottery or pharmacy purchases. Offer not valid on app-made, Delivery Now, or Ship orders. *FREE pickup on orders of $35 or more. Restrictions may apply.
This Chase Offer will stack well with the 4X fuel points promotion at Fred Meyer, which starts Friday.

Get 4x FUEL POINTS

when you buy participating gift card(s). *Offer valid 1/5/24 through 1/7/24 on 100’s of gift cards. Excludes the Kroger Family of Companies Gift Cards, some res...More Details
Exp. Jan. 07 - 4 days left
Old Jan 5, 2024, 5:49 pm

Hyatt Place
$400/$40
Old Jan 15, 2024, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
A lot of my cards have this offer:

I don’t usually shop at Target due to the location of the local store, but might have to do a field trip with my assorted cards and stock up on giftcards for Amazon, Starbucks, Netflix etc. (basically cards I can load into an account).
Old Jan 15, 2024, 12:36 pm

[zhoel]
notquiteaff likes this.

Last edited by beltway; Apr 5, 2024 at 8:22 pm
Old Jan 15, 2024, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
A lot of my cards have this offer:

I don’t usually shop at Target due to the location of the local store, but might have to do a field trip with my assorted cards and stock up on giftcards for Amazon, Starbucks, Netflix etc. (basically cards I can load into an account).
If you don't need gift cards, just place an order at target.com for household staples (paper products, cleaning products, soap, toothpaste, shampoo, vitamins, some non-perishable food items for which shipping is available), and have the order shipped to your home. Shipping is free for orders of $35 or more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.