Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2023, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I just found out this new interface after returning from a very long trip.

To me the images are super annoying because now it takes much longer time to go thru the offers versus when they were simple logos + descriptions. May be the purpose for such change is to make you look at them longer thus generate interest - in reality it is the exact opposite.
You can still use the old interface, per my instructions a few weeks back.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Also, I assume the property being in Canada shouldn't be an issue, as my offer does not mention any location restrictions (either including or excluding specific properties/countries), but also checking in to see if there have been issues based on that.
Don’t know about your prepay options, but I had one of the recent Marriott-chain hotel offers auto-credit after a non-US stay.

I’ve found the hotel Chase offers have been generally much more useful than the equivalent AmEx offers in this respect.
cnn likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 6:56 pm

P2 and I both got substantial discount offers on almost all our cards for Banana Republic and Sur La Table. Most were 15% back, but a few were 20%. Both sites also have major sales running now—40% off at BR on almost everything—and I for one am willing to buy quality goods at half price.
MDtR-Chicago likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 9:15 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
First impression is that the holiday offers are stronger earlier this year? Lots of Chase and Amex offers. Already have 3 cards with Amazon bonuses... There are also shopping portal bonuses already starting for holiday shopping.

I'm ready to stock up on everything.
beltway likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
I just tried it after reading your reply I went to look up the link.

Unfortunately it does not work for me. It still shows all the pictures associated with each offer.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:32 pm

Does anyone know if the offer will trigger if you make more than one transactions to reach the threshold?

ie. There’s a $50 back after $250 spend offer, but you make two different transactions of $200 and $50.

Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by pstrider85
Does anyone know if the offer will trigger if you make more than one transactions to reach the threshold?

ie. There’s a $50 back after $250 spend offer, but you make two different transactions of $200 and $50.

Thanks.
Depends on the details of the offer. Some offers specify a minimum single transaction for the offer. Others specify a time period to reach the minimum threshold in multiple transactions.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Happy
I just tried it after reading your reply I went to look up the link.

Unfortunately it does not work for me. It still shows all the pictures associated with each offer.
I just checked & it still works for me. To recap:
Old Nov 10, 2023, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just checked & it still works for me. To recap:
I see where the error is, I did not know I need to replace the card ID.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 12:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
DP: Latest Amazon Fresh discounts don't work at Whole Foods, a change from the norm. T&C now explicitly state discount if only for Amazon Fresh.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 3:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Have an offer for my Flex, add an authorized user, spend $100 and get $25 statement credit.

Going to use this to buy costco gf to double dip with quarterly bonus.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by kevinjm
Have an offer for my Flex, add an authorized user, spend $100 and get $25 statement credit.

Going to use this to buy costco gf to double dip with quarterly bonus.
Not really a Chase Offer.

But I got it, too, via email, for my CFU:

Earn $25 when you add an authorized user to your card and spend $100

Share the benefits of your Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card when you add family and friends to your account.**

You can earn a $25 statement credit after you add an authorized user and spend $100 or more by 12/31/23.

——

Does Chase require a SSN for an authorized user?
Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:07 pm

[jol]

Last edited by beltway; Apr 11, 2024 at 8:08 pm
Old Nov 16, 2023, 7:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Another wave of Marriott offers has hit my Chase cards.
notquiteaff and econ like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Zorak
Another wave of Marriott offers has hit my Chase cards.
For me if it the CSR (which is convenient as I often use it at Marriott brands for 3X UR) - 10% with a decent max savings of $57-$63. Alas, I have no trips planned where I will have an opportunity to use these offers. But things could change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.