Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by rawrbot
Call 1-800-432-3117, press #, 3, 1, enter SSN/EIN used for application. You'll hear your status after that.

30 days = pending review, potentially approved
2 weeks = likely denied
Also:

7-10 days = likely approved
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:01 pm

Call 1-800-432-3117, press #, 3, 1, enter SSN/EIN used for application. You'll hear your status after that.

30 days = pending review, potentially approved
2 weeks = likely denied

Thank you!
I did as directed above and it said "you have been approved you will receive your card in 10 to 14 days".
Which sounds good BUT i just applied for and was approved for the CSP 3 weeks ago. Is it likely that the response is from the CSP application and not the CIBP? Or is that phone number only for the business cards?
If I was approved I was going to call to see if they will 2 day mail the card to me...
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by nychad10
Thank you!
I did as directed above and it said "you have been approved you will receive your card in 10 to 14 days".
Which sounds good BUT i just applied for and was approved for the CSP 3 weeks ago. Is it likely that the response is from the CSP application and not the CIBP? Or is that phone number only for the business cards?
If I was approved I was going to call to see if they will 2 day mail the card to me...
That number is for both business and personal cards.

You can call the number on the back of your CSP and inquire about having the Ink Preferred card being expedited.

They will transfer you to a Ink/Business rep and can confirm if your CIP has been approved or not.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:48 pm

That number is for both business and personal cards.

You can call the number on the back of your CSP and inquire about having the Ink Preferred card being expedited.
They will transfer you to a Ink/Business rep and can confirm if your CIP has been approved or not.

Ok.
Now I have read not to call to inquire about your application. Should I just wait or do you think I should just say that the recording said I was approved and I wanted to have the card expedited?
I did talk to a CSP rep today about something else and I asked her if she could see if I was approved and she told me she wouldn't be able to see business cards on my account because that's another section of the bank
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by nychad10
Ok.
Now I have read not to call to inquire about your application. Should I just wait or do you think I should just say that the recording said I was approved and I wanted to have the card expedited?
I did talk to a CSP rep today about something else and I asked her if she could see if I was approved and she told me she wouldn't be able to see business cards on my account because that's another section of the bank
I don't it would hurt to ask. The Ink rep that you'd be transferred to would likely not be in lending department so if you weren't approved they wouldn't start doing recon/grilling on the spot.

However, if you are worried about recon call and can wait it out, I'd suggest sitting tight for now.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:40 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Is there still an active Refer-a-Friend program for this card? I haven't been able to find a way to generate the link/email.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:58 am

Update on Gyft via PayPal, did code as 3x UR:

Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Can I get this bonus if I have the predecessor Ink card? And I'm assuming this is under the 5/24 rule like the previous Ink cards?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Can I get this bonus if I have the predecessor Ink card? And I'm assuming this is under the 5/24 rule like the previous Ink cards?
yes to both
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:19 pm

I was able to get 100k with $95 annual fee by submitting to a VP of relationship manager. He sent me the paperwork and I had to either fax or email and I chose to fax the paperwork to be on the safe side. Took a little longer than I would have liked(3weeks) but I was approved. His name is Jose and if you search on google, he posts on comment sections for these 80k/100k chase ink business card deals. (Not sure I can post his info but google the pointsguy)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:45 pm

Update on Gyft via PayPal, did code as 3x UR:

Worked for me as well. Btw, it also worked for me when I charged my CIP direct on gyft (bypassing paypal).

My only question is why/how does it get 3x? Is it shipping? Is it travel? Is it office supplies?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by bvbb
I spoke to bankers at a 3rd branch -- a busy one in NYC this time. They said that enrolling as a Chase Private Client would give them more leeway to override my algorithmic Ink rejection-- but still no promises. Of course, moving $250K in assets to Chase is an option for very few of us.
I signed up as a Chase Private Client (CPC) and started moving assets into the account. My new CPC banker resubmitted my CIBP application and , wow, rejected again on the same 5/24 basis! There appears to be absolutely no flexibility, even as a means of getting substantial new banking business. Either the algorithm is in complete control or there are some decision makers with severe tunnel vision. Time to let CPC know I can't deal with Chase if they're that doctrinaire and close my new account. That should put me on their lifetime excrement list.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:50 am

We don't have any idea when the 80k offer is going to expire, do we? I know we kind of had a warning on the CSR, but I haven't seen anything like that for the IBP.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by bvbb
I signed up as a Chase Private Client (CPC) and started moving assets into the account. My new CPC banker resubmitted my CIBP application and , wow, rejected again on the same 5/24 basis! There appears to be absolutely no flexibility, even as a means of getting substantial new banking business. Either the algorithm is in complete control or there are some decision makers with severe tunnel vision. Time to let CPC know I can't deal with Chase if they're that doctrinaire and close my new account. That should put me on their lifetime excrement list.
Why did you feel that 5/24 was flexible? Its been well documented here that CPC can not get you past it anymore.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:10 am

Applied yesterday with a BRM for the 100k bonus. Called the 3117 number today and heard the 2 weeks notice, which sucks. Anyone had any luck with recon here?

My "business" is 1.5-2k/mo in travel reimbursement and also a side business reselling computer parts on ebay (maybe 3k/yr). I'm below 5/24 and never been denied for a CC in the past so this is potentially a new experience for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.