Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by n0thingtolos3
Anyone know if the Chase Ink Preferred codes Plastiq rent payments as 3X ?

Coded as 3x for my mortgage test payment. ^
Old May 25, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by richardparker
Hate to the be bearer of bad news, but Amex SimplyCash Plus doesn't code Endicia as 3x either!
Well that's bizarre, I would think that classifications would be consistent within networks. It's definitely coding as shipping with the business gold rewards card right now. How long ago did you try it?

Last edited by jacob019; May 25, 2017 at 12:35 pm
Old May 25, 2017, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by cletuslol

Coded as 3x for my mortgage test payment. ^
Late 2016. If somethings different, feel free to report it!
Old May 25, 2017, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by jacob019
Well that's bizarre, I would think that classifications would be consistent within networks. It's definitely coding as shipping with the business gold rewards card right now. How long ago did you try it?
Late 2016. If something has changed, please report!
Old May 28, 2017, 7:20 am

Hi Guys,

Looking for advice on whether I should apply for the Ink Business Preferred 80K UR offer.

Card History:

CSP/Now CFU, opened Feb 2016

Citi AA, opened March 2016, closed Feb 2017

Chase Hyatt, opened April 2016, closed March 2017

Chase UAL, opened June 2016, going to close in next week.

Chase Ink Plus, opened June 2016, was planning on closing this week

CSR, opened October 2016.

Ink Plus has a credit limit of 21.5K. I created a legit business with an EIN (CPR/first aid training) that (long story) never went anywhere. I've never charged more than a few hundred dollars to my Ink +. My business is practically no more, but I still have a valid EIN and state articles of organization.

Do I have any chance of getting the Ink Preferred? If so, should I apply as my old business or as a sole proprietor selling eBay goods? When in this process should I close my Ink Plus? (Annual fee will hit next statement).

Thanks guys!

Ps-I also have two existing Freedom cards from long ago/well before I got into this game.
Old May 30, 2017, 8:22 am

Good news. Endicia is posting with the 3X bonus on the Chase Ink Business Preferred. I'm also getting the 3X bonus with Endicia on the AMEX Business Gold Rewards. Chase blueprint shows the charges as Miscellaneous Services. AMEX shows the charges as Other - Miscellaneous. Yet I am receiving the 3X shipping bonus with both cards. Perhaps they have added a category override based on the merchant name. Anyway it's good news. I'll still be maxing out both bonus categories and am looking for somewhere else to put some Endicia spend. I may try the US Bank Business Edge Select Rewards Card which has an optional 3X category that includes shipping expenses and appears to be unlimited, but based on these merchant classifications I doubt Endicia will qualify.
Attached Images  

Last edited by jacob019; May 30, 2017 at 8:31 am
Old May 30, 2017, 5:18 pm

I applied and got the 30 day message, will calling the status line speed anything up or do I just wait until I get something in the mail?
Old May 30, 2017, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by sjackson12
I applied and got the 30 day message, will calling the status line speed anything up or do I just wait until I get something in the mail?
I applied May 25th got the 30 day email and today got the welcome to chase ink business card and it is in the mail.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
I applied on May 22nd via a BRM at a branch to get the 100k offer; got 7-10 day message. I called 4 days later to find I was declined for 5/24. One was an AU card so they were able to reconsider the application. They asked probing questions and sent it in for review. It was approved this morning without asking me to reallocate credit from another card; I called to expedite shipment and they happily obliged my request.
Old May 30, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Referral points?

Does anyone here know the timing/appearance/details of how/when referral points post?

I referred a few friends in the past couple weeks for the Chase Ink Preferred, and they were approved, so I was just wondering what to look for (and when) those referral points post to my account. Upon approval of the referee? Upon their competing minimum spend? Some other event? Thanks.
Old May 31, 2017, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Does anyone here know the timing/appearance/details of how/when referral points post?

I referred a few friends in the past couple weeks for the Chase Ink Preferred, and they were approved, so I was just wondering what to look for (and when) those referral points post to my account. Upon approval of the referee? Upon their competing minimum spend? Some other event? Thanks.
Start here for insight:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...l#post27815754
Old May 31, 2017, 11:55 am

Any thoughts on if an individual with a long Chase history, AAOA of appx 4.5 years, a 740 credit score, an annual income of $0, who has one existing Freedom card with an existing credit limit of $6.5K would have any legitimate shot at getting this card?

Girlfriend is in 4 years of professional school, and I'd be interested in applying for this card in her name. She recently started an Ebay "business" selling some clothes online.

Thoughts? If not, I was thinking of going for CSP or UAL in her name. Thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by purdue1015
Thoughts? If not, I was thinking of going for CSP or UAL in her name. Thanks!
If you don't have many inquiries I suppose it doesn't hurt to try, but it doesn't seem like a good fit and I doubt you would be approved if you're honest about income.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Can this card transfer UR points to airline programs?

I currently have Chase Ink Cash, Chase Freedom and Sapphire Reserve cards, with big UR balances.

I know that I have to move the UR points from Ink Cash and Freedom to the Reserve in order to transfer UR points to airlines.

But if I cancel Reserve, first of all, where could I park the Reserve UR balance and second, would I be able to move UR points from Ink Cash and Freedom to this Ink Preferred and from there, transfer to airlines?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
Can this card transfer UR points to airline programs?

I currently have Chase Ink Cash, Chase Freedom and Sapphire Reserve cards, with big UR balances.

I know that I have to move the UR points from Ink Cash and Freedom to the Reserve in order to transfer UR points to airlines.

But if I cancel Reserve, first of all, where could I park the Reserve UR balance and second, would I be able to move UR points from Ink Cash and Freedom to this Ink Preferred and from there, transfer to airlines?
Yes you can transfer UR points earned via the Ink Preferred to partner airlines / hotels. And you can freely move (combine) points between your own accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.