Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
I went to my local branch and met the BRM. I asked about this card. She looked at my biz profile and asked me a few questions and then told me about the offer. When I finally realized she was about to submit an application, I asked her if she had a paper application. She said no but that this was an internal system, which was different from the website. Before I could ask her to stop the process, it was too late - application went through. I knew then and there I would be denied. She called and put me on the phone with the analyst. Denied due to 5/24. The one positive about this experience was that the credit analyst didn't grill me as has happened in the past.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by richardparker
I just spent 20 mins combing through this thread to locate known 3x bonuses with Chase Ink Preferred... Here's what I see so far.

Qualifies for 3x
Gyft.com and app paying with paypal
eBay fee's paid directly to eBay (not through paypal)
Amazon AWS Fee's
Amtrak
UPS
Fedex

Does not qualify for 3x
Endicia
Channeladvisor

Anyone else have confirms? Please save many lots of time and share!
Where did you see that Endicia does not qualify. I can find no evidence of that anywhere else and you're the first person in this thread to mention the word Endicia. I'll know for sure in about a week, but I sure hope you're wrong about that. Endicia is definitely coded for 3X shipping with AMEX Business Gold Rewards.

Last edited by jacob019; May 21, 2017 at 8:36 pm Reason: Spelling
Old May 22, 2017, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Data Point

Originally Posted by philemer
I applied for this card today at a branch with a BRM. I currently have 2 biz and 2 personal cards with Chase and I'm way over 5/24. Credit scores ~800. Anxious to see what happens.

I had my BRM check the system this AM and he said "denied". I call recon. and they said: Too many opened cards recently. Did not mention 5/24 when I pressed. Dead in the water. First rejection from Chase in many years. No surprise though.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by jacob019
Where did you see that Endicia does not qualify. I can find no evidence of that anywhere else and you're the first person in this thread to mention the word Endicia. I'll know for sure in about a week, but I sure hope you're wrong about that. Endicia is definitely coded for 3X shipping with AMEX Business Gold Rewards.
I tried it. It's not coded for Endicia. I sure wish it was, I spend a lot with them. Get your card off there asap. You're only earning 1x!
Attached Images  

Last edited by richardparker; May 22, 2017 at 8:06 pm
Old May 23, 2017, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by richardparker
I tried it. It's not coded for Endicia. I sure wish it was, I spend a lot with them. Get your card off there asap. You're only earning 1x!
Well that sucks. Thank you for sharing this valuable info. Where are you putting your Endicia spend? I want to put it on a business card that doesn't report to personal.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... Where are you putting your Endicia spend? I want to put it on a business card that doesn't report to personal.
Passing reference in 2014 suggests that Endicia qualifies as shipping for American Express Business Rewards Gold. However, I see that Endicia changed ownership in 2015, and that often means a change in card processor and merchant classification. Still worth checking, Amex network merchant classifications are often different than MasterCard or VISA.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by mia
Passing reference in 2014 suggests that Endicia qualifies as shipping for American Express Business Rewards Gold. However, I see that Endicia changed ownership in 2015, and that often means a change in card processor and merchant classification. Still worth checking, Amex network merchant classifications are often different than MasterCard or VISA.
I can confirm that Endicia qualifies as shippign with AMEX Business Gold Rewards, but I am already maxing out the bonus category with that card.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:30 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... already maxing out the bonus category with that card.
Do you also have this card?

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...edit-card-amex
Old May 23, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by mia
No, I hadn't noticed that there was another AMEX with 3X on shipping. Great idea, thank you!
Old May 23, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I have the Amex Simply Cash Plus, although I'll have to wait until Jan to change my 3% category to shipping. Do you know if 3% works on this card for the following 2 items named earlier? Thanks.
  • eBay seller fee's paid directly to eBay with or without paypal
  • eBay shipping paid through paypal
Old May 23, 2017, 1:15 pm

Anyone have experience getting two of the same business cards following a downgrade? I have an Ink Cash and an Ink Preferred, but at the end of the Ink Preferred year, would like to downgrade it to a second Ink Cash (for another $25,000 in office supply store spend). I know people who have multiple Freedoms, but don't know if it's the same situation here.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:42 pm

AM I still eligible for this card?

I got the Chase Sapphire Reserve card at the end of last year and thinking about getting the Chase ink Business PReferred.

They both offer the ultimate reward program. Are they consider the same product? If I apply for the ink business preferred, will I still eligible for the 80,000 points after 5000 spend?

Please advise, thanks.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:56 pm

Anyone know if the Chase Ink Preferred codes Plastiq rent payments as 3X ?
Old May 23, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lililolo
I got the Chase Sapphire Reserve card at the end of last year and thinking about getting the Chase ink Business PReferred.

They both offer the ultimate reward program. Are they consider the same product? If I apply for the ink business preferred, will I still eligible for the 80,000 points after 5000 spend?

Please advise, thanks.
They are different products. Sapphire Reserve is personal and Ink Preferred is business. You'll still be eligible, but if you apply through a BRM (Business Relationship Manager) via a branch you can receive 100,000 points after 5k spend and 1st year AF waived. If you are in danger of 5/24 they can do the paper app which will bypass this. You can apply as a "Sole Prop" or Sole Proprietor if you don't have an LLC or S-Corp.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:58 pm

No, I hadn't noticed that there was another AMEX with 3X on shipping. Great idea, thank you!
Hate to the be bearer of bad news, but Amex SimplyCash Plus doesn't code Endicia as 3x either!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.