Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Approved for 80K/$5K spend with $95 AF. My first Ink so no self-sign up bonus for me but I was able to use my friend's ref link.

I have a nice size purchase for kitchen countertops this weekend ... might as well get some bonus miles out of it

It was either this card or the Hilton Surpass with 100K bonus expiring today. Had to keep telling myself we do more AirBNB than hotel rooms

Called Chase CSR and they're able to expedite the card. My 5th Chase cards. Not sure if there's a max like Amex does.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:58 pm

wow, you can't use chase ink on apple pay? lame.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I don't think you can use any of the business cards on Apple Pay.

Or at least the Chase business cards.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:25 pm

has anyone matched from 80k to 100k? just activated my card.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
I don't think you can use any of the business cards on Apple Pay.

Or at least the Chase business cards.
They don't work on Samsung Pay or Android Pay either. Really frustrating. I want my 5x (Ink Bold) buying gift cards at Staples PLUS my Samsung Pay rewards tap.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:18 am

I am the primary cardholder on our ink business preferred card currently and have my business partner added as an additional cardholder.
Is it possible for my business partner to apply for his own card under the same business?

My primary motivation is that we run over the $150k cap on 3x travel points, so I'd like to get another account in the company to shift some of that spending to. It would also be nice to earn another bonus, so I'm interested if that would work, but it isn't a deal breaker if not.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I've done this in the past with Ink Plus. Was AU, applied to be primary, continue to hold original AU card.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by TheSpecialMan
I am the primary cardholder on our ink business preferred card currently and have my business partner added as an additional cardholder.
Is it possible for my business partner to apply for his own card under the same business?

My primary motivation is that we run over the $150k cap on 3x travel points, so I'd like to get another account in the company to shift some of that spending to. It would also be nice to earn another bonus, so I'm interested if that would work, but it isn't a deal breaker if not.
Yes, it will work. Don't forget to send him a referral from your card! That'll be another 20k points for you. https://www.chase.com/referafriend/catch-all
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I have the Chase Ink Preferred Business Card.

What is the best referral this card offers and how do you send a referral?

Also as this is a Business Card is this subject to Chase 5/24 rule?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by navatwal

You can generate a referral at https://www.chase.com/referafriend/catch-all for 20k points. It is subject to 5/24.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium

It's subject to 5/24 for purposes of approval but doesn't count against 5/24 once you've been approved.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Any reason to hold on to this card ? I no longer use this after getting bonus.

I have Chase Ink plus as well which I am keeping.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any reason to hold on to this card ? I no longer use this after getting bonus.

I have Chase Ink plus as well which I am keeping.
Not really other than to stay on the good side of Chase. Personally I would keep it for at least 9 months or up to the anniversary.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:04 am

Any decent retention offers on this card?

Originally Posted by Happy
Not really other than to stay on the good side of Chase. Personally I would keep it for at least 9 months or up to the anniversary.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Any decent retention offers on this card?
Please see this thread:

Chase Retention Bonus Offers: June 2015-Present [Except Sapphire Reserve] .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.