Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not unusual for secondary review with Chase application.

The initial rep does not have enough authority to approve your application (the system screen would tell her what to do next if you are "approvable".

This happens far more often than you read on this thread, on both personal and business cards.

My own view? the best strategy to apply a Chase card, is NOT to call, especially for business card, especially for the first business card with Chase. Just let the system works its own way. You ONLY call when you get a sure denial (or that dreaded 7 to 10 days message from the automatic status line) - rather you stay low and just let the process finish by itself. Patience sometimes indeed is a virtual.

In your case, it most likely would just be a matter of time before the final approval as long as the automatic message does not change to the 7-10 days one. Based on DPs on Reddit, this card has a very low threshold to get. So most likely you would get the card.
Good Luck.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 8, 2017 at 1:20 pm
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Happy

The initial rep does not have enough authority to approve your application (the system screen would tell her what to do next if you are "approvable".

This happens far more often than you read on this thread, on both personal and business cards.

My own view? the best strategy to apply a Chase card, is NOT to call, especially for business card, especially for the first business card with Chase. Just let the system works its own way. You ONLY call when you get a sure denial (or that dreaded 7 to 10 days message from the automatic status line) - rather you stay low and just let the process finish by itself. Patience sometimes indeed is a virtual.

In your case, it would be a matter of time before the final approval as long as the automatic message does not change to the 7-10 days one. Based on DPs on Reddit, this card has a very low threshold to get. So most likely you would get the card.
Good Luck.
Awesome. Thank you very much for the insight! I'll be sure to update here once I find out to add another data point for the masses
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:02 am

In your case, it most likely would just be a matter of time before the final approval as long as the automatic message does not change to the 7-10 days one. Based on DPs on Reddit, this card has a very low threshold to get. So most likely you would get the card.
Good Luck.
Great advice here. I applied for one as a sole proprietor online and received my card in the mail 8 days later. I did not get the dreaded 7-10 day automatic message, but instead got one that said my application needed further review and may take up to 30 days.

Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by ICEE45
Great advice here. I applied for one as a sole proprietor online and received my card in the mail 8 days later. I did not get the dreaded 7-10 day automatic message, but instead got one that said my application needed further review and may take up to 30 days.
Sweet, thanks! Still waiting on mine, and it still says 30 days on the auto-status line. But hopefully I'll hear soon!
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Salzano14
I just had an interesting application experience that I'd yet to encounter.

Applied for the Ink Preferred today, had a couple Authorized User accounts removed from my credit report a few months ago so I should be at 4/24 at the moment.

Applied online, got the 30 day message.

Immediately called the "live rep" business card number and was run through a bunch of questions -- first about my identity. Then they put me on hold to review.

Then she came back and asked a bunch of questions about my business, none of which were particularly difficult seeing as how I had nothing to hide. I'm just a sole proprietor doing freelance writing with 4000-4500 in revenue each year, so it wasn't too complicated. Then she put me on hold again to review.

Then when she came back she said that was all the questions they had for me and it was going to go to a senior underwriter for review and I would receive my decision in "1-2 weeks" by mail.

That's not really a set of circumstances I've read before. I guess the fact that I wasn't denied right there was a good sign, since it looks like most people who call in are actually told if they're denied. But it also sounds like most people who call are actually told if they're approved, too. So, sort of a strange one to me.

I just called the automatic line and it still says 30 days on there, though I would guess that won't really have anything updated from the live call yet seeing as how it was literally like 5 minutes before.

Any guesses? I'll of course update once I hear anything!

EDIT: PS -- This is my first business account, so I can't log in to my online account over the next couple days to see if the new card shows up... grumblegrumble
Update -- called the auto-status line and found out I've been approved! Aw yis.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
To all that PM'ed re: my BRM info who works via phone/email, she has capped her referrals for the year but hopes to be available to help again after the New Year. I'll post here when she is open for applications again.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DP on timeline to see self referral bonus become available.

Applied on 11/03 thru a referral email generated via email method from Chase Refer-A-Friend site. https://www.chase.com/referafriend/catch-all
(Took 3 to 4 days for the referral emails to arrive).
Card popped up online on 11/04.
Card received on 11/07 by FedEx delivery without request.
Card is verified receipt same day.
UR pts expected to earn Next Statement now includes the 20K referral bonus as I checked today 11/14. (it was not there on Friday. Forgot to check yesterday Monday).
So it is roughly 7 days from the card is activated to the referral bonus is triggered.

Considered I inadvertently used the referral email sent to my husband's name, but the application still triggers the referral bonus, we can safely conclude that as long as the application is thru the referral link, the referral bonus will post on approved application.

Update:
Got 2 emails from Chase -
One is to inform me I earned a referral bonus.
The other one is to welcome me to the Ink Preferred card. (the welcome email is 11 days after the approval date)
penner42 likes this.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 15, 2017 at 5:38 pm
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:55 pm

DP on timeline to see self referral bonus become available.

Applied on 11/03 thru a referral email generated via email method from Chase Refer-A-Friend site. https://www.chase.com/referafriend/catch-all
(Took 3 to 4 days for the referral emails to arrive).
Card popped up online on 11/04.
Card received on 11/07 by FedEx delivery without request.
Card is verified receipt same day.
UR pts expected to earn Next Statement now includes the 20K referral bonus as I checked today 11/14. (it was not there on Friday. Forgot to check yesterday Monday).
So it is roughly 7 days from the card is activated to the referral bonus is triggered.

Considered I inadvertently used the referral email sent to my husband's name, but the application still triggers the referral bonus, we can safely conclude that as long as the application is thru the referral link, the referral bonus will post on approved application.

Update:
Got 2 emails from Chase -
One is to inform me I earned a referral bonus.
The other one is to welcome me to the Ink Preferred card. (the welcome email is 11 days after the approval date)

@Happy - do you have multiple Ink cards? I'm thinking about applying for the Ink Preferred and I already have the Ink Cash. I had heard some chatter about a month ago about Chase limiting to one card per product family...
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by majorkirkus
@Happy - do you have multiple Ink cards? I'm thinking about applying for the Ink Preferred and I already have the Ink Cash. I had heard some chatter about a month ago about Chase limiting to one card per product family...
I have an Ink Cash for over 5 or 6 years and an Ink Plus going into its 4th year.

Where you have heard the chatter? IIRC the restriction for one card in the same product family policy only applies to Sapphire cards. Even that, product change does not have restriction, only new card is not allowed if you received a Sapphire of any kind less than 24 months ago. If the existing Sapphire is acquired more than 24 months it is not subj to the restriction. I have not read anywhere that other Chase card product groups have similar restriction as the Sapphire product group.
majorkirkus likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:31 am

Nice...good to know! I think I saw some theories about it on DoC, but I could be mistaken. Thanks @Happy!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:55 pm

Yay, I got approved today for the Ink Preferred today. I applied last month but got denied because I had open the southwest card the day before. Waited 30+ days and re applied again yesterday. Got the 30 days noticed but was approved today. Thanks FT for all the tips I’ve been reading.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:15 am

Hi, i have not been following chase for awhile and i have a question about the application for Chase Ink preferred card; since its a business card, are you guys using 0 income 0 months for the business part of the application?
Thank you
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by ninim2200
Hi, i have not been following chase for awhile and i have a question about the application for Chase Ink preferred card; since its a business card, are you guys using 0 income 0 months for the business part of the application?
Thank you
Where it asks how long your business is open? No - I have a real property management business since 2004.

My wife does a little landscape consulting for an occasional check as a hobby. For her business cards we put 2 years in business and $1000 (rounding up) for income. That is sufficient to get approved along with our total household income.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:59 pm

Applied and got the 30 day message. Can anyone share the auto status phone number? Or the recon line?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I have a business checking with Chase, and several INK Cards, the best thing is open a business checking account,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.