FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:53 pm
Salzano14

Originally Posted by Salzano14
I just had an interesting application experience that I'd yet to encounter.

Applied for the Ink Preferred today, had a couple Authorized User accounts removed from my credit report a few months ago so I should be at 4/24 at the moment.

Applied online, got the 30 day message.

Immediately called the "live rep" business card number and was run through a bunch of questions -- first about my identity. Then they put me on hold to review.

Then she came back and asked a bunch of questions about my business, none of which were particularly difficult seeing as how I had nothing to hide. I'm just a sole proprietor doing freelance writing with 4000-4500 in revenue each year, so it wasn't too complicated. Then she put me on hold again to review.

Then when she came back she said that was all the questions they had for me and it was going to go to a senior underwriter for review and I would receive my decision in "1-2 weeks" by mail.

That's not really a set of circumstances I've read before. I guess the fact that I wasn't denied right there was a good sign, since it looks like most people who call in are actually told if they're denied. But it also sounds like most people who call are actually told if they're approved, too. So, sort of a strange one to me.

I just called the automatic line and it still says 30 days on there, though I would guess that won't really have anything updated from the live call yet seeing as how it was literally like 5 minutes before.

Any guesses? I'll of course update once I hear anything!

EDIT: PS -- This is my first business account, so I can't log in to my online account over the next couple days to see if the new card shows up... grumblegrumble
Update -- called the auto-status line and found out I've been approved! Aw yis.