Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:57 am

I have had the ink cash card for 6 years now. Yesterday morning i upgraded my card to a ink preferred so i can refer my wife so i can get a 20k bonus. she was approved last night therefore i assume the 20k bonus will hit sometime in the next few weeks. my question is if i were to downgrade before the annual fee hits on my account back to ink cash. can i then have my wife refer her ink preferred back to me since i had not received a ink preferred bonus in the past? or do i have to wait a full 24 months from the time i did the product change which was yesterday?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by richaduh1
I have had the ink cash card for 6 years now. Yesterday morning i upgraded my card to a ink preferred so i can refer my wife so i can get a 20k bonus. she was approved last night therefore i assume the 20k bonus will hit sometime in the next few weeks. my question is if i were to downgrade before the annual fee hits on my account back to ink cash. can i then have my wife refer her ink preferred back to me since i had not received a ink preferred bonus in the past? or do i have to wait a full 24 months from the time i did the product change which was yesterday?
You should be good to go for applying yourself. The Ink cards don't actually contain the "24 months" language in the offer details, interestingly

https://creditcards.chase.com/small-...ness-preferred
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by prech
You should be good to go for applying yourself. The Ink cards don't actually contain the "24 months" language in the offer details, interestingly

https://creditcards.chase.com/small-...ness-preferred
The "24 months" language is not in the offer details, but it does exist. It's on the last page of the application just above the "Submit" button.
prech likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
The "24 months" language is not in the offer details, but it does exist. It's on the last page of the application just above the "Submit" button.
Good call! Reading this wording, makes it even more curious that folks have been able to qualify for it more than once with their EINs
  • I understand that any new cardmember bonus offers for this product are not available to either current or previous cardmembers of this product who received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the last 24 months.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
I am at 5/24.
2 Chase personal cards (Hyatt and BA), 1 wyndham and 1 alaska personal card. last card is Marriott business.
Am I eligible for this Ink card?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by desikid
I am at 5/24.
2 Chase personal cards (Hyatt and BA), 1 wyndham and 1 alaska personal card. last card is Marriott business.
Read post #528 above. It also doesn't matter what bank your 5 cards are from. 5/24 is 5/24. Oops, forgot about the Marriott Biz. not counting. So you are at 4/24 as Diplomatico reminds us. ^

Also, please read the wiki here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...17-onward.html Lots of good info.

Last edited by philemer; Mar 3, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by desikid
I am at 5/24.
You are at 4/24. Marriott Business card does not add to your 5/24 count.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
You are at 4/24. Marriott Business card does not add to your 5/24 count.
Afaik that’s true when applying for the card, even if someone is over 5/24.

He already has it so it will count towards his 5/24 Chase totals.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10

Afaik that’s true when applying for the card, even if someone is over 5/24.

He already has it so it will count towards his 5/24 Chase totals.

That's incorrect.

Business cards can be subject to 5/24, meaning you may have to be under 5/24 for eligibility purposes when you apply for the card. However, once approved the card does not count toward the 5/24 total.

Read the wiki in the "Applying for Chase cards" stickied thread. Or read this:

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2017/09/07/chase-business-cards-dont-add-524-count/

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1809882-applying-chase-credit-cards-2017-onward.html

Last edited by Diplomatico; Mar 3, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
That's incorrect.

Business cards can be subject to 5/24, meaning you may have to be under 5/24 for eligibility purposes when you apply for the card. However, once approved the card does not count toward the 5/24 total.

Read the wiki in the "Applying for Chase cards" stickied thread. Or read this:

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2017/09/07/chase-business-cards-dont-add-524-count/

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1809882-applying-chase-credit-cards-2017-onward.html
Ah, I stand corrected. This is good news. ^
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:21 pm

Hi All,
I'm looking for some advice... First, my situation: I'm well over 5/24, I don't have a Chase branch near me (Kansas City), and I'm traveling to Denver next week and thought I'd try my luck at the Ink Preferred and / or Freedom Unlimited. I own two small businesses and have an Ink Cash card for the smaller of the two. So I'd try to get the Ink Preferred for the larger of the two businesses.

I have a personal Chase checking account (only about $500 into it each month via DD), but no business account though. I have a CSR, Freedom Unlimited, Southwest Premier (probably canceling this month), IHG, and the Ink Cash I mentioned. I also have a Chase auto loan. Questions:

1. I need to find a Chase branch that has a Business Relationship Manager? Call and ask if they have one, I guess?
2. Will they talk to me even though I don't have a business account with them (except for my Ink Cash for my other business)?
3. How do I make sure they submit a paper application?
4. Would the paper app be for 100k / $5k spend? Or 80k / $5k spend?
5. Should I ask about pre-approvals first? And if they have one for Freedom Unlimited, should I apply for that, or would that hurt my chances of getting the Ink Preferred?

Any other suggestions for my rare branch visit? I have had a Sapphire Preferred (downgraded it to the Freedom)... Thanks!
--Kyle
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by kyamnitz
1. I need to find a Chase branch that has a Business Relationship Manager? Call and ask if they have one, I guess?
2. Will they talk to me even though I don't have a business account with them (except for my Ink Cash for my other business)?
3. How do I make sure they submit a paper application?
4. Would the paper app be for 100k / $5k spend? Or 80k / $5k spend?
5. Should I ask about pre-approvals first? And if they have one for Freedom Unlimited, should I apply for that, or would that hurt my chances of getting the Ink Preferred?
1. BRMs work out of districts, not branches. You should make an appointment with one ahead of time.
2. Depends entirely on the BRM.
3. Explain it to them.
4. 100k
5. You don't need a BRM to check for pre-approvals. They would bypass 5/24 but only get 80k for Ink. If you apply for a personal Chase card, you'll need to wait another 30 days before applying for Ink. Therefore, not advisable in your situation. Also, you said you already have Freedom Unlimited.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
1. BRMs work out of districts, not branches. You should make an appointment with one ahead of time.
2. Depends entirely on the BRM.
3. Explain it to them.
4. 100k
5. You don't need a BRM to check for pre-approvals. They would bypass 5/24 but only get 80k for Ink. If you apply for a personal Chase card, you'll need to wait another 30 days before applying for Ink. Therefore, not advisable in your situation. Also, you said you already have Freedom Unlimited.
1. Ah, okay. Sounds like I just need to start calling branches to see which ones might have a BRM and make an appointment?
2. Okay.
3. So, just tell them I'm afraid I might not get approved unless they do the paper application?
4. Okay.
5. Typo - I have the Freedom - would like to get the Freedom Unlimited. I'll just do the Ink Preferred if I'm able to find a BRM to process a paper app!

Thanks,
--Kyle
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by kyamnitz
1. Ah, okay. Sounds like I just need to start calling branches to see which ones might have a BRM and make an appointment?
2. Okay.
3. So, just tell them I'm afraid I might not get approved unless they do the paper application?
4. Okay.
5. Typo - I have the Freedom - would like to get the Freedom Unlimited. I'll just do the Ink Preferred if I'm able to find a BRM to process a paper app!

Thanks,
--Kyle
Yes to all your questions. Sounds like you got it now. Good luck!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:57 am

Can you get 2 cards of this ink preferred? Double bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.